Old 12-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
DrFrankencopter
Human being with feelings

Default Control Room Buss

I suspect this has been requested before, but I couldn't find it...

Effectively my request is for a Control Room buss that is in parallel with the Master Parent track.
( The current signal flow is here: https://i.imgur.com/7BzaVPk.png ). What I'm proposing is that the Main buss should be a parallel branch that is just after the track mute button, and does not go into the track solo button. There should be a control room buss that goes from the track mute button to the track solo button and off to the control room monitors (via a Control Room fader).

This would allow users to solo tracks in the control room, while still feeding the main mix to either a 2-track, headphone sends, etc. You could use this live, and use your headphones for the Control Room buss, and the main mix for the FOH send. Basically, this would make the Reaper mixer more like a console.

Cheers

Kris
DrFrankencopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:33 AM   #2
JoeBar035
Human being with feelings

Default Controlroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFrankencopter View Post
I suspect this has been requested before, but I couldn't find it...

Effectively my request is for a Control Room buss that is in parallel with the Master Parent track.
( The current signal flow is here: https://i.imgur.com/7BzaVPk.png ). What I'm proposing is that the Main buss should be a parallel branch that is just after the track mute button, and does not go into the track solo button. There should be a control room buss that goes from the track mute button to the track solo button and off to the control room monitors (via a Control Room fader).

This would allow users to solo tracks in the control room, while still feeding the main mix to either a 2-track, headphone sends, etc. You could use this live, and use your headphones for the Control Room buss, and the main mix for the FOH send. Basically, this would make the Reaper mixer more like a console.
I would love to have a control room in Reaper! I use Cubase/Nuendo now only because of the control room. A simple version would be enough, just an extra output for monitors and headphone which could do pfl/afl without muting the master output.
JoeBar035 is offline   Reply With Quote