Old 05-31-2016, 07:35 PM   #1
Ahu Lee
Human being with feelings

Default Horizontal lines on track meters. How's it done?

Hi guys,

I'm talking about this https://i.imgur.com/A9NPJr6.png
I'd like to know how it's done to be able to make the meter display look that way in any theme I like.

I see those lines are not part of the meter_strip or any other image from the theme file. I also don't see anything in the preferences that could turn it on and off. So, I guess it's somewhere in *.ReaperTheme file code, right? I just can't find it.

Thank you very much!
Ahu Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:16 PM   #2
Lokasenna

It's in the theme editor, a checkbox labelled "Interlaced meters" or something like that. However, the lines will only be visible if your theme is using the theme editor's meters and not the meter_strip pngs.
Lokasenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:31 PM   #3
cincikat69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
It's in the theme editor, a checkbox labelled "Interlaced meters" or something like that. However, the lines will only be visible if your theme is using the theme editor's meters and not the meter_strip pngs.
Yes, it is the "Interlaced" setting, but that's incorrect about it not working with meter_png images. I've used it with almost all of my theme designs that use them. Just FYI...
Old 05-31-2016, 09:36 PM   #4
Ahu Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
Found it. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikat69 View Post
Yes, it is the "Interlaced" setting, but that's incorrect about it not working with meter_png images. I've used it with almost all of my theme designs that use them. Just FYI...
Right. Thank you for the clarification!
Old 05-31-2016, 10:00 PM   #5
cincikat69

@ Ahu Lee

It is worth noting that this is not a universal setting in Reaper, but rather on an individual theme basis. In other words, any theme that you want this on, you will need to check that "Interlaced" box and then save/overwrite the theme file for it to stay that way...otherwise it will revert when you change or reload themes.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:37 PM   #6
Ahu Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincikat69 View Post
@ Ahu Lee

It is worth noting that this is not a universal setting in Reaper, but rather on an individual theme basis. In other words, any theme that you want this on, you will need to check that "Interlaced" box and then save/overwrite the theme file for it to stay that way...otherwise it will revert when you change or reload themes.
Yes, I already got it. But, thank you very much anyway!