Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #1
freshface
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper, eJamming, other online realtime colloboration tools

Hi,

I am trying to figure out which platforms out there are really good for real time playing for a project I am doing.

Can you tell me how you find Reaper v. eJamming?
And are there other tools out there I should look at?
And do these allow for lots of people to come together in real time or are they limited?

Thanks!
Freshface
freshface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
EJ James

Some friends have used this and put together a few songs with people from several different countries. It's a complete DAW/online collab tool though, so you wouldn't use Reaper at all.

http://www.ohmstudio.com/

I've never used it myself, so I can't give a firsthand account. I can only relay what I've heard them say, and they seem to enjoy it.
EJ James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #3
imispgh

Try NINJAM. it is by far the best regarding sound quality and delay.

However it deals with delay by actually making it worse to one measure. But the fact it is delayed is hidden. Once you get used to it all is well. It's toughest for singers but they figure it out. You also cannot communicate live so you need to use the text feature or the phone.

I have used eJam and Online Jamming. Very hard for everyone to be on the same beat due to differing delays.

Also if u use NINJAM from Reaper all the tracks are recorded to .oog which uncompress to wav.
imispgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:00 PM   #4
richie43

Just discovered this one:
Sofa Session

They are based in Austria, and it is actually pretty cool. A little disorganized and very new. But the developers ae very eager to hear critiques from users, and it's free (I think) for a while. It's a slightly different approach, check it out. I haven't done much with it, but I have figured out how to play Reaper mixes through it, so theoretically it should be possible to play through Reaper and route that through the site. If you don't need much, set your interface to input directly into the site and "jam" that way.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
richie43

For the record, I am not jamming on the site. I am using the site to stream some mixes so that I can play some mixes from my computer in Minnesota USA and have it played live during a presentation going on in Vienna, Austria that I am participating in. I am not sure what the latency is and how usable it is for actual playing.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:26 AM   #6
stenio

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
Just discovered this one:
Sofa Session

They are based in Austria, and it is actually pretty cool. A little disorganized and very new. But the developers ae very eager to hear critiques from users, and it's free (I think) for a while. It's a slightly different approach, check it out. I haven't done much with it, but I have figured out how to play Reaper mixes through it, so theoretically it should be possible to play through Reaper and route that through the site. If you don't need much, set your interface to input directly into the site and "jam" that way.
Is sofasession still around? anyone know?
stenio is offline   Reply With Quote