Old 10-20-2019, 08:50 PM   #1
baalisoda
Human being with feelings

Default Hintbar, a possibility?

Good day, Friends!

Kindly accept my apologies in advance, if this post/query of mine seems stupid.

I am a long time FL Studio user, just recently (2 days back), have started testing REAPER out of curiosity (partly due to videos of Kenny Gioia which I came across in Youtube accidentally while searching for some other tutorial and partly due to FLS's resource hogging in my 3 years old Laptop).

While, I am overwhelmed (in particular, love the concept of reapack) by the extensive capabilities of REAPER, I do feel that it will take some time for me to get/have the grip of it.

My query is, while using third party VSTs (for eg., DatSounds OB-XD synthesizer) in REAPER, is there a way to know values of the knobs or dials in these VSTs that are being modified, somewhere in the DAW (like a hintbar that displays these values in real time using FL Studio)?

Sorry again, if this query has been asked before and solved (could not able to find it by search, hence creating this thread).

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Cheers!
baalisoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 06:55 AM   #2
martifingers

Hi. If I understand correctly you could try clicking the UI box in the fx window (it's a little square actually). This will give a generic interface with all parameters as numeric "sliders". Is this anything like you wanted?
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #3
baalisoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by martifingers View Post
Hi. If I understand correctly you could try clicking the UI box in the fx window (it's a little square actually). This will give a generic interface with all parameters as numeric "sliders". Is this anything like you wanted?
Thanks for your response, my friend.

Yes, something similar to what you have mentioned but without having to sacrifice GUI. I did try UI option while editing some of the VST parameters to get them exactly where I want to but it was not very convenient .

It would be nice to have some window within the DAW that gives/displays the values in real time when modifying the parameters within the GUI of a VST.

Cheers!
baalisoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:50 AM   #4
martifingers

Yes, I see what you mean. I wonder if our anyone with coding skills could come up with some way of having both UI's visible at once. I have no knowledge in this area but have a feeling it would be a challenge.
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote