Old 08-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #1
sodium
Human being with feelings

Default "effect configuration is preserved"

HI all,

Am having a spot of trouble after a rebuild/reconfiguration of my Reaper DAW setup.

After doing the reconfig, several plugs(Slate,Waves,iZotope, SOund Toys etc) in a project are showing the dreaded "The following effect plug-in could not be loaded:..."
followed by the "(effect configuration is preserved" message.

I assumed one selected the missing plug in in the FX:Track window and using CTRL+R, simply relocated and then replaced the plug and the config would magically return to it's previous state.

This does not seem to be working and I am hoping someone with experience in this area can kindly alert me as to the proper method for restoring the missing plugs to their previous state.

Many thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Best,
na
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper FX missing.JPG (27.1 KB, 627 views)
Old 08-06-2017, 01:58 AM   #2
xpander

Have you moved, removed or reinstalled those missing plugins in your computer? Does Reaper know their current location? Preferences/Plug-ins/VST, Add their current paths if not there yet and Clear cache/re-scan. After that you could try opening the troubled project(s) again.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:11 AM   #3
frood

I had this problem totally out of the blue (I had not moved any DLLs or their folders). I tried what xpander suggested (Clear cache/re-scan) and restarted Reaper and it seems to be resolved. I have also saved the VST plugin path elsewhere, just in case.
frood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:43 AM   #4
frood

Quote:
Originally Posted by frood View Post
I had this problem totally out of the blue (I had not moved any DLLs or their folders). I tried what xpander suggested (Clear cache/re-scan) and restarted Reaper and it seems to be resolved. I have also saved the VST plugin path elsewhere, just in case.
I have had the problem cropping up again and again recently. does anyone have any ideas? it might be related to a windows update. it's easy to resolve but it's pretty annoying.
frood is offline   Reply With Quote