Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-05-2019, 01:29 PM   #321
SweetPotato
Human being with feelings

Also worth noting if I play through my audio interface in the standalone Komplete Kontrol software (without Reaper open) the sounds run through it just fine.
SweetPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:38 AM   #322
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Also, I've been trialling the s25 mk1 with this,and wanted to ask. How do you deal with projects which contain this plugin, and also komplete kontrol or maschine. Once one of the NI plugins is focused, I don't see a way to get back to this plugin, the focus stays on NI
Since this implementation takes over USB there is no specific support the Komplete or Maschine plugin. To support this I would need the complete developer specification which they do not publish...
moss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 01:42 AM   #323
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetPotato View Post
It seems to be only a problem if I use my audio interface. If I choose the computer's sound card for playback then it plays back just fine (including when I use the transport controls on my KK mk2 via DrivenByMoss), but once I select my Octa-capture through ASIO then the transport controls just highlight without the track actually responding.

Obviously something is going on with my audio interface but it only happened since installing the Komplete Kontrol software and DrivenByMoss so I'm asking here.
I have no idea why the controller extension should have an impact on your audio?! Furthermore, please describe in simple steps what you are actually doing, what your complete setup is (OS platform, hardware, devices), what you are expecting and what is happening. It is hard to understand your problem if you post snippets of information.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:45 AM   #324
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkovac View Post
Hi, moss, you asked for the log as a reply on my question on YT. I have attached the log as requested. Sorry, since I have tried multiple times to start, the log has numerous entries, I am sending it whole, not to miss anything.
Thank you for your, script, your time and help!
That looks pretty weird. Is this appearing directly after the controller is started or when you do some specific action?
Just to be sure: Are you actually using a Launchpad Pro (or another model)?

EDIT: I looked into the output more closely. It seems that some characters are missing (e.g. ':' and '\'). Could you please post a complete output?
The only explanation I have is that you have a clip with some weird characters in it?!

Last edited by moss; 02-06-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:22 AM   #325
Indirect

Hi! Win 10 x64 , Push 1 here. Add FX and Device buttons are still almost broken... I'm stuck at "select device or press "Add Effect"..." with only back button. There is 1 vst instrument in the chain already. Also deleting devices in the chain sometimes deletes wrong device. Also add FX is browsing not the last FX but at the top of the list. It might be usable for some things, but at the moment mixing on the push in reaper is not working
Indirect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:56 PM   #326
dragonslair

I have a problem trying to rum this under Win7 64bit.
I unzipped the file into the proper directory.

Windows 7 64bit Service pack 1
Reaper version 5.965
DrivenByMoss4Reaper 5.10

First - Missing MSVCP140.dll fixed that.
Second - Missing MSVCR120.dll fixed that.
Now I get this -
drivenbymoss: MainFrame.class could not be retrieved.
drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not call startup.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins\j ava-runtime\bin\awt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Any ideas?
dragonslair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #327
SweetPotato

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
I have no idea why the controller extension should have an impact on your audio?! Furthermore, please describe in simple steps what you are actually doing, what your complete setup is (OS platform, hardware, devices), what you are expecting and what is happening. It is hard to understand your problem if you post snippets of information.
Okay I think I got it figured out where I have to run Reaper in WASAPI instead of just using ASIO (I guess since the controller is plugged into the computer's USB instead of the audio interface). DrivenByMoss works great and thanks for all the work you do on it!
SweetPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:04 PM   #328
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonslair View Post
drivenbymoss: MainFrame.class could not be retrieved.
drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not call startup.java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins\j ava-runtime\bin\awt.dll: Can't find dependent libraries

Any ideas?
I fixed this problem in 5.10, the java runtime was missing a file. Make sure you fully replaced the java-runtime folder.
Also see my post #287 in reply to #286.
Old 02-08-2019, 03:19 PM   #329
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
Hi! Win 10 x64 , Push 1 here. Add FX and Device buttons are still almost broken... I'm stuck at "select device or press "Add Effect"..." with only back button. There is 1 vst instrument in the chain already.
I cannot reproduce that. Please give some detailed steps how I can reproduce that or if possible make a short video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
Also deleting devices in the chain sometimes deletes wrong device.
Dito.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:09 PM   #330
dragonslair

Quote:
I fixed this problem in 5.10, the java runtime was missing a file. Make sure you fully replaced the java-runtime folder.
Also see my post #287 in reply to #286.
I am using 5.10, there where no previous versions installed.
I'll try the OpenJDK 11
Old 02-08-2019, 04:49 PM   #331
dragonslair

Ok, I installed the OpenJDK 11 into the Java foler, and everything seems to be working now.
I am trying to setup my Spirit 328 as a controller using the Generic Flexi and have a couple questions.
1 - The Generic Flexi only has 8 channels, but I need 16 channels, is there any way of changing this?
2 - Does this program provide feedback (moving faders, lights etc), or is it only one way?
Old 02-09-2019, 01:12 AM   #332
moss

Quote:
1 - The Generic Flexi only has 8 channels, but I need 16 channels, is there any way of changing this?
Sorry, no.

Quote:
2 - Does this program provide feedback (moving faders, lights etc), or is it only one way?
Yes, you can enable that for every slot. But the feedback command must be the same as the received one.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:42 PM   #333
dragonslair

I have most things working.

Bi-directional control of faders
Bi-directional control of Pan encoders (LED ring feedback)
Transport controls (one way only)

Mute and Solo buttons work, but you have to press them twice for each action (one way only)

I can live with the one way action on the Transport, Mute and Solo, but would like to get the Mute and Solo buttons working properly (press on/press off)

I also have FastForward and Rewind buttons, any chance I could get them mapped to the Reaper "go to start" and "go to end" buttons in the Reaper transport, or to use them as jog buttons?

Part of my problem was the console, it sends/receives midi CC numbers for the channel strips, but the transport controls send midi note numbers.
The console has a bug in it, it sends midi note numbers one octave higher than what you program into it, once I figured that out(thanks to MIDIOX)everything started working.

I'll still have to play around with the Mute and Solo feedback to see what's going on there, I am sure it is something in the console settings, if the faders and encoders work, then they should work also.

And could we possibly get 16 channels in a future update?
Old 02-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #334
minizzZ

Default No midi input in Flexi in Reaper

Hello Moss,

I followed your instructions for reaper for the latest 5.10 on my windows computer for I want to use your Flexi. In the log window it says this:

Generic Flexi - 2.10: Starting...
Generic Flexi - 2.10: Running.

Off course I have disabled everything in the Reaper Midi Settings. In the configuration of the Control OSC I have added a Generic Flexi, selected the input and output on Beatstep and the midi channel is correct. When I turn a knob there is no input. Also in the logging window nothing happens. Also if I use my Alesis v25 Nothing happens. What do I do wrong?

Kind regards,

Marinus
minizzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:31 AM   #335
flipotto

Default getting ReaScript Console Error message

When I start reaper - getting this message below

Reascript console output:
Code:
drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not register native functionsjava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.MainFrame.processNoArg(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V name or signature does not match
Reaper 5.965
Driven by moss 5.10
Windows 10
Push2
sws extention version 2.10.0 released on Feb 6.

Do I need to worry about this message?
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:52 PM   #336
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by minizzZ View Post
Hello Moss,

I followed your instructions for reaper for the latest 5.10 on my windows computer for I want to use your Flexi. In the log window it says this:

Generic Flexi - 2.10: Starting...
Generic Flexi - 2.10: Running.

Off course I have disabled everything in the Reaper Midi Settings. In the configuration of the Control OSC I have added a Generic Flexi, selected the input and output on Beatstep and the midi channel is correct. When I turn a knob there is no input. Also in the logging window nothing happens. Also if I use my Alesis v25 Nothing happens. What do I do wrong?
The MIDI reception should work if you close and reopen the Flexi confdiguration dialog once.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 PM   #337
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipotto View Post
When I start reaper - getting this message below

Reascript console output:
Code:
drivenbymoss: ERROR: Could not register native functionsjava.lang.NoSuchMethodError: Method de.mossgrabers.reaper.ui.MainFrame.processNoArg(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V name or signature does not match
Reaper 5.965
Driven by moss 5.10
Windows 10
Push2
sws extention version 2.10.0 released on Feb 6.

Do I need to worry about this message?
You have an old DrivenByMoss-xxxx.jar in your folder (I guess you copied over the new files instead of deleting the old ones first).
Old 02-11-2019, 09:27 AM   #338
henrid

hello,

thx for your work.
I have 2 problems here.

1. Trigger 2 crashes if a controller is inserted in the Control/OSC/web Dialog
2. My ICON Pro X didn't activate the right channel automation. Channel 8 always enabled write on channel 8 even if there is a track offset.

Could this be?

thx for help
henri
Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 PM   #339
flipotto

Default all fixed now!

Moss,

Yes, you are correct. I did not delete the other files.
I have deleted them now and reinstalled.
Working fine now, thank you!
flipotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 01:50 AM   #340
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrid View Post
hello,

thx for your work.
I have 2 problems here.

2. My ICON Pro X didn't activate the right channel automation. Channel 8 always enabled write on channel 8 even if there is a track offset.

Could this be?

thx for help
henri
Sorry, I do not understand your questions. Please describe step-by-step what you are doing, what you are expecting and what actually happens.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:06 AM   #341
henrid

OK ....

Yesterday I opened an old project with slate trigger2 in. it crashed while open util i removed the controller. if I open all offline, reaper crashed if I try to enable trigger2. I will do a test with an empty project.

open a new project. add eg 12 tracks.
go to 9-12 (+8) and try to change track12 to write. here track 4 is reacting, not 12.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:01 AM   #342
henrid

Hello,

I did a second test with trigger2. Even if I open a new project and insert slate trigger2 tp track 1, reaper is crashing.....
Old 02-12-2019, 12:38 PM   #343
moss

Quote:
Go to Preferences -> Plug-Ins -> Compatibility and set "VST bridging/Firewalling" to "In separate plugin processes" or "In dedicated process per plugin". That should fix it.

Quote:
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce that. Could it be that you added one of the versions with an extender (and you do not have one)?
Old 02-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #344
dragonslair

I can't seem to get the mute/solo buttons to work properly you have to press the button on the Spirit 328 4 times for each action,
and pressing the mute or solo button in Reaper does not turn on the light in the Spirit.
If I use Midi Tools to sent a midi cc = 1 to the Spirit, it turns the light on, and a midi cc = 0 turns it off, so the Spirit seems to be receiving properly.
When you press the button on the Spirit, it sends cc = 1 to turn it on, and when you press it again, it sends cc = 0 to turn it off

Here is the sequence
Press 1 = turns mute on in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light on
Press 2 = nothing in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light off
Press 3 = turns mute off in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light on
Press 4 = nothing in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light off

The volume slider works fine either way, and the pan encoder works fine also, so it must be something in the way the program handles push buttons.
Any suggestions here?

Another request, could we have the option to use MMC for the transport controls?
Old 02-16-2019, 01:26 AM   #345
moss

Quote:
Here is the sequence
Press 1 = turns mute on in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light on
Press 2 = nothing in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light off
Press 3 = turns mute off in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light on
Press 4 = nothing in Reaper, turns Spirit 328 mute light off
I currently only support Push Mode for buttons not toggle. I will put that on the wishlist. But it's strange that the device LEDs seem to behave different.

Quote:
Another request, could we have the option to use MMC for the transport controls?
WIll put that on the list, too.
Old 02-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #346
nkovac

Quote:
That looks pretty weird. Is this appearing directly after the controller is started or when you do some specific action?
Just to be sure: Are you actually using a Launchpad Pro (or another model)?

EDIT: I looked into the output more closely. It seems that some characters are missing (e.g. ':' and '\'). Could you please post a complete output?
The only explanation I have is that you have a clip with some weird characters in it?!
Hi,
When I start Reaper and go to Preferences-Control/OSC....Configure and after some fiddling get "Novation Launchpad Pro - 3.45: Starting...
Novation Launchpad Pro - 3.45: Running.
" in the log I close this window and try playing through some instrument. once I return to log I have all this errors in it.
The thing is my Launchpad Pro (and it is Launchpad Pro) never changes its colors Like I saw Launchpads do under your script.
Not long ago I have tried your script in Bitwig (Demo version) it worked as is supposed to do.
Btw what do you mean by "clip"? an item on the timeline? I have tried deleting them all. I am from Croatia some "weird" characters are a possibility, but I do not see them in my project.
I attached the whole log, just like the last time it is just a bit longer as I tried it a couple of times more afterwards.
I hope it helps.
And thank you once again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt NikolaKovac_error_log.txt (35.5 KB, 156 views)
nkovac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:11 AM   #347
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkovac View Post
Hi,
When I start Reaper and go to Preferences-Control/OSC....Configure and after some fiddling get "Novation Launchpad Pro - 3.45: Starting...
Novation Launchpad Pro - 3.45: Running.
" in the log I close this window and try playing through some instrument. once I return to log I have all this errors in it.
The thing is my Launchpad Pro (and it is Launchpad Pro) never changes its colors Like I saw Launchpads do under your script.
Not long ago I have tried your script in Bitwig (Demo version) it worked as is supposed to do.
Btw what do you mean by "clip"? an item on the timeline? I have tried deleting them all. I am from Croatia some "weird" characters are a possibility, but I do not see them in my project.
I attached the whole log, just like the last time it is just a bit longer as I tried it a couple of times more afterwards.
I hope it helps.
And thank you once again.
Please retry with the new version I just released.

Yes, with clip I mean the items on a track. The log you sent me shows that there are several items for which the name could not be retrieved. I also tried to add some Croatian characters but could not reproduce the problem. Can you please post an example project?
Old 02-17-2019, 07:18 AM   #348
moss

DrivenByMoss 5.20 is online!

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html
  • New: Added an action to open the DrivenByMoss extension window (search for "DrivenByMoss" in the action list).
  • New: The DrivenByMoss extension and configuration windows can now be closed with the Escape key.

Ableton Push / Push 2 11.04
  • New: Use Shift+Octave Up/Down in Drum Sequencer modes to move the pads by 4.
  • Fixed: Marker mode was broken.

Akai APC40 / APC40mkII 5.20
  • New: Changed Nudge- to Undo and Nudge+ to Redo.
  • New: Flipped functionality of "Detail View" (is now "Toggle plugin window") and Shift+"Details View" (is now "Step through the layout perspectives").
  • New: Drum sequencer: The highlighted grid in the drum machine now only show the 12 pads. The scene buttons 1/2 move the pad view by 4. The scene buttons 4/5 move the pad view by 12 (previously 16).
  • Fixed: "Step through the layout perspectives" did not work on some display profiles.

Generic Flexi 2.2
  • New: Added commands to control Browser filter columns 7 and 8.
  • New: Added Browser mode.
  • New: Added absolute mode for toggle buttons.
  • New: Added support for MMC.
  • New: Added "Transport: Rewind" and "Transport: Fast Forward"
  • New: Select buttons in Parametermode select parameter pages instead of devices.
  • Fixed: Removed duplicated function "Transport: Set Crossfader", use "Master: Crossfader" instead.
  • Fixed: Mode knobs did always use relative mode 1, even if 2 or 3 was selected.
  • Fixed: Values of Track-, Volume- and Parametermode were not reflected correctly back to the device.
  • Fixed: Prevent console warnings when values go out of bounds in relative modes.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:38 AM   #349
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

thx moss !!! do you have to delete everything from the old version to install this one?
Old 02-17-2019, 09:45 AM   #350
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
thx moss !!! do you have to delete everything from the old version to install this one?
That's the easiest and safest way to do it.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:51 AM   #351
von17

Hello,

I use Icon ProX ans Xs with reaper and it works great with the Drivenbymoss
except the master meter led doesn't work and the 2 display won't show track names,
should these functions work or not in Reaper?
von17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:50 AM   #352
HammyHavoc

Quote:
Since this implementation takes over USB there is no specific support the Komplete or Maschine plugin. To support this I would need the complete developer specification which they do not publish...
Have you tried contacting NI? They mentioned on the NI forum about sending the SDK over to various software devs.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #353
dragonslair

Installed the new version 5.20
The Mute and Solo buttons are now working properly from the console, but when I click on the Mute or Solo button in Reaper, the corresponding light on the console does not come on, I'll have to look into that some more.

I am still trying to fine tune the transport controls, some work, some don't, but the main ones, Play, Stop and Record work, although the Play button does not stay lit on the console (might be a console setting).
The channel strips and transport controls are separate entities on this unit, the channel strips only work when you are in controller mode, but the transport controls work in any mode and each entity has it's own configuration menus.

My console does not have a "pause" button, could we get a toggle for the Play button?
Press 1=Play, press 2=pause?

Oh,and 16 tracks would be really nice...Keep up the good work!

Last edited by dragonslair; 02-20-2019 at 05:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:00 AM   #354
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by von17 View Post
Hello,

I use Icon ProX ans Xs with reaper and it works great with the Drivenbymoss
except the master meter led doesn't work and the 2 display won't show track names,
should these functions work or not in Reaper?
Yes, should work. Check in the configuration dialog if the second display is enabled. There is a also a profile you can select in the configuration dialog for the QCon Pro X, which should make the correct settings.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:01 AM   #355
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammyHavoc View Post
Have you tried contacting NI? They mentioned on the NI forum about sending the SDK over to various software devs.
Yes, but the "SDK" is only the specification of how to communicate with the NI-host (not the low level USB protocol).
Old 02-21-2019, 02:12 AM   #356
moss

Quote:
Installed the new version 5.20
The Mute and Solo buttons are now working properly from the console, but when I click on the Mute or Solo button in Reaper, the corresponding light on the console does not come on, I'll have to look into that some more.

I am still trying to fine tune the transport controls, some work, some don't, but the main ones, Play, Stop and Record work, although the Play button does not stay lit on the console (might be a console setting).
The channel strips and transport controls are separate entities on this unit, the channel strips only work when you are in controller mode, but the transport controls work in any mode and each entity has it's own configuration menus.
I looked quickly into the specification of your console and you won't be able to make everything work with Generic Flexi. You would need to write a specific extension for it.

Quote:
My console does not have a "pause" button, could we get a toggle for the Play button?
Press 1=Play, press 2=pause?
That's already the case?!

Quote:
Oh,and 16 tracks would be really nice...Keep up the good work!
This will not happen since this would double all the configuration commands.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #357
dragonslair

Sorry, I didn't realize the Play button already worked like that.
If I knew how to write an extension for it, I would, I knew I should have taken some programming courses in school, oh wait, that's right, there where no computers when I was in school

As for adding more channels, would it be possible to add a "Bank" command under the Select Slot - Midi Trigger?
If you select bank 2 then all the channel numbers would be transposed by 8, so channel 1 would become channel 9 or if you select Bank 3 then channel 1 would become channel 17 etc.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:00 AM   #358
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Repaer v5.5 is online!
  • New: Integrated DrivenByMoss 5.5
    • New: There is now only one version number, the number of DrivenByMoss, and one changes file in the Wiki.
    • New: Extension Midi Monitor added
    • Fixed: Scene navigation with cursors was broken on most devices
    • Ableton Push / Push 2 11.04: Fixed: Clip indication was broken

http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Reaper/Reaper.html
Old 02-23-2019, 12:51 PM   #359
barbaroja

Wow man, awesome. I also hope you could list this in reapack. Would make updates and new installs a breeze.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 01:56 PM   #360
moss

And an introduction video:

https://youtu.be/rSWF3FkSC0o