Old 09-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #1
CodySwanner
Human being with feelings

Default ReaTune bug

I'm running the latest version of Reaper and the latest version of Windows 10 (as of 09/20/19).

I have a project where I want some parts of a media file auto-tuned, and other parts left alone. So I used a bypass envelope to activate or deactivate ReaTune, as shown in the picture. However, I've found that placing the first envelope point too close to the audio causes a lag and stutter in playback, and placing the first point further away (as pictured) causes Reaper to take the audio right after the second envelope point and play it after the first audio point.

I've realized that a work-around to this is to simply create two separate tracks, one for tuning and one not tuned, but it'd be nice if the envelope worked correctly. There are no error messages or other problems, just a stutter in playback, or playback at the wrong time.

If I need to, I can try to create a mini-project that replicates this that I can upload here. Otherwise, let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Webp.net-resizeimage.gif (30.0 KB, 102 views)
Old 09-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #2
bobobo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodySwanner View Post
I'm running the latest version of Reaper and the latest version of Windows 10 (as of 09/20/19).

I have a project where I want some parts of a media file auto-tuned, and other parts left alone. So I used a bypass envelope to activate or deactivate ReaTune, as shown in the picture. However, I've found that placing the first envelope point too close to the audio causes a lag and stutter in playback, and placing the first point further away (as pictured) causes Reaper to take the audio right after the second envelope point and play it after the first audio point.

I've realized that a work-around to this is to simply create two separate tracks, one for tuning and one not tuned, but it'd be nice if the envelope worked correctly. There are no error messages or other problems, just a stutter in playback, or playback at the wrong time.

If I need to, I can try to create a mini-project that replicates this that I can upload here. Otherwise, let me know if any other information is needed.

Thanks!
Activating - deactivating reatune aint a good advice.. it introduces latency when switched on off , causing stutter

Better use dry wet envelope
bobobo is offline   Reply With Quote