Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 10-25-2018, 04:05 AM   #1
MusoBob
Human being with feelings

Default ReaTrak Instant Traks Creator Chord Track for Reaper ( Band In A Box Track Injector)

EASY START GUIDE > One Script: NEW A Simple No Brainer Tool for Collaboration ! (ReaTrak for Dummies)

visit www.ReaTrak.com
STASH Downloads https://stash.reaper.fm/u/ReaTrak
*New Band In A Box Track Injector
*New Instant Traks (ReaTrak all in one script)
*New Snap any midi phrase to chords
*New Import chords from Biab SGU MGU etc..
*New Multiple Regions & Markers Per Track
MYJAZZBAND LITE for Reaper Mar 22 2020
Get Chords & Tempo Map Updates Mar 6 2020

All below here is OLD use the EASY START GUIDE above

*NOTE if you don't want to install the whole ReaTrak see the Instant Traks link above.
Then to use the separate scripts in ReaTrak
just rename ConfigZip > Config.Zip unzip to use just the scripts you need.
Any updated scripts will be in:
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/ReaTrak/

ReaTrak Studio Updated Nov 26 2019
(also check the latest posts as there maybe fixes for this)
See here What's new in 47
EZ Install version
EZ Install Guide
Right click Save Link\Target As
ReaTrak_ver.47.ReaperConfigZip
DropBox ReaTrak_ver.47.ReaperConfigZip
Make sure you have SWS Extensions installed.

Test Instrument, Drums files and templates download
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/test_files/

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

ReaTrak Studio allows users/artist/session musicians to produce,
upload and share their instrument and percussion tracks.
ReaTrak uses Reaper's Region Track as your Chord Track
(see below Using Region Chord Track and still use your other
Regions together
), it fits chords or drum sections from the recorded source material.
The source tracks can be recorded to from templates covering many different chords and keys
or the musicians can create their own keys progression to record to, the more material the better,
either way ReaTrak will search the selected key recording and fit the played chord/scale to your chord track.
For songwriting it's a quick way to create-play, change progression-play again, building into the song.
If your bass player has run off with the drummer's wife and you have lost both of them,
no problem just just ReaTrak it !
The test tracks below are just a lot of different chords, each 8 bars long
but the actual ReaTraks are best recorded over a chord progression using as many chords
and keys as possible, this will give the end user a good variety of chords and playing.
If the original region chord csv is split into bars the script will choose a random one,
if not it will always choose the start of that region, if you have a riff that runs over a
few bars or to keep two bars of drumming in that order then keep them in the same region
or use -L Linked (though not yet working right).
Any tracks are best recorded clean direct input this prevents FX decay going into the next
bar and allows the user to have more control over the FX.

Drums just use the corresponding color of the regions to fit to.
Instruments also use color for the song part, so the original recording can have different
colors for different styles of playing, like different strumming for the chorus,
lead-in pickup notes for the count-in and an ending for the ending parts either chorus or verse.
Red "Play Anywhere" will play the same style over all the color parts.

Drums have "Drums" in the file name.
Scale has "Scale" in the file name, can be just Red "Play Anywhere" will play the chosen scale over
the whole track, if there are marked Endings, Lead-in, pickup notes in the Count-in or
fills it will play them also.
Tempo is "120bpm" in the file name.
Time Signature has "4-4" "3-4" "6-8" in the file name.

Each instrument/drum has the region csv saved with the wav aif flac mp3 mid
multichannel (drums) mp4 video etc..
(you can record video of the artist recording the ReaTrak to show fingering or drumming)
to tell Reaper what section to match, the reapeaks and reapindex (for long mp3 files) are included.

https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/ReaTrak
Installing ReaTrak Studio:

1. Install SWS Extensions http://www.sws-extension.org/
2. ReaTrak Scipts Folder: Options > Show REAPER resource path
copy the ReaTrak folder into Scripts folder replacing any old
Menu > Actions > Show Action List > Load > Select all scripts in the ReaTrak folder.
You can delete the old Actions and Scripts first by filter > Script:ReaTrak or Custom:ReaTrak
Delete All
Search in Main and MIDI Editor.

3. Custom Actions: Menu > Actions > Show Action List Main
Filter > Custom: ReaTrak
Delete All
Search in Main and MIDI Editor
Import > Import > ReaTrak Custom Actions Required (Main).ReaperKeyMap

4. Color Buttons: Options > Show REAPER resource path
Copy contents of large, medium and small folders into Data\toolbar_icons
In the Toolbar Docker load [Floating toolbar 14] or [Floating toolbar 15]
or load [Floating toolbar 16]
You can drag the tab to anywhere in the Reaper GUI where you want the buttons.

5. Button Panel: Options > Custom menus/toolbars
Select [Floating toolbar 16]
Import > ReaTrak color icons toolbar 16.ReaperMenu
To change Menu position open ReaTrak color icons toolbar 16.ReaperMenu in text edit
and change the first line [Floating toolbar 16]
View > Toolbar Docker > right click > Switch Toolbar
Drag the ReaTrak Tab from Toolbar Docker to place the ReaTrak Toolbar anywhere you like.
To use an extra small toolbar also, load [Floating toolbar 15] or medium [Floating toolbar 14]

Using ReaTrak Studio
1. create your chord track or download a template from the download link below.
2. New track > Select the whole track in time selection > Choose Instrument (or drum)
3. ReaTrak Selection
4. Select any section you want to redo this will give different playing randomly, like a
different Ending (the test files have 6 different endings).
5. With Solo instruments you can split the region into beats (after the other tracks are done)
to create a custom solo.

You can get 10GIG free space with https://www.mediafire.com/ to upload any tracks,
you can add a link to your mediafire free account that others can upload to.
I can create a copy of any tracks below also.

Test files and templates download
https://www.reatrak.com/downloads/
Use Reasurround FX on the Multitrack Drums to try, set Input Channels to 10.
Multichannel drums can be split to separate track.
There are some 6, 8, 10, 12 channel drum templates in the downloads.
Run Decay all -D on Track after drums and choir tracks are made.

There are also tracks here https://www.realband.org/guitars.html that may work, if you don't have
Biab you would need to open the SGU chord file with https://musescore.org save to musicxml then
import to Reaper then color the regions and save the csv file for the wav.
If you have Biab export to MusicXML.

Some of the scripts are very rough as I'm no scripter and I'm surprised I got this far.

If anyone would like to help polish the scripts, add new thing or help with the To Do List, go for it.
Any new feature or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks to all the Reaper Scripters that helped out... X-Raym for the original csv matching script,
Lokasenna for the GUI, MPL and all the other help, pcartwright, mpl, juliansader,cfillion, Lorbakounet, ......

Large Gif

Last edited by MusoBob; 12-12-2022 at 03:31 AM.
MusoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:06 AM   #2
MusoBob

Action Buttons:
Section Set buttons will color the region under the cursor to the song part then move to the
next chord region.
Drum Riff Selection will remove any drumming in the selected bars and replace with a drum riff/solo.
Redo Drums Riff will create another drums riff/solo.
Remove drum Riff will remove the created riff then create a the normal drumming section again.
Rest nothing is played.
Shot creates a one beat shot.
Hold creates a held chord, note, cymbal or drum. These are recorded in a separate Holds file,
The levels can be matched with the Item Volume Control Knob that can be set in
Preference > Appearance > Media. The Hold item can also be moved sooner to create a push.
Set Linked when creating ReaTraks this is used to mark the Regions/bars to be -L linked,
in drums you have a sustain cymbal from the post fill into the next bar so these need to be linked
bar 1 -L1 bar 2 -L2 so when it's fitted to the drum track it will bring the next bar -L2
with the cymbal decay, it also apply to instruments, you may have a guitar solo going into
the next bar or next chord.
Remove Linked just removes any -L from the region name.
Set Play Anywhere this will allow the instrument to play across all song sections.
Set Decay this is used to set the decay of and instrument or drums, when they are recorded
you can set the region to the song part like a drum post fill that is 1 bar, it has a cymbal decay
that may go for 1 or 2 bars -D1 -D2 so there is a blank region after that bar, this is used in the Reaper
track to lengthen the item in the track to allow it to play (decay) into the next bar/s under the
proceeding item (not crossfaded) the test drums and choir vocal tracks use this.
Remove Decay will remove any -D from the region name.
Remove Crossfade from selected items, if the -D section get moved this will remove any auto crossfades.
Remove Track Crossfades remove all crossfades on selected track.
Decay Fill 2 Bars will add a 2 bar length to an item.
Choose Instrument select the ReaTrak instrument/drum file for the track.
ReaTrak fills the chord/region under the cursor with the matching item and moves to the next chord/region.
ReaTrak Section fills the selected chords/regions with matching items.
Redo Section removes current items in the selection and re-matches randomly with new playing.
Decay all -D On Track this can be run after the track has been created, the sections with -D in the item
name will be extended by 1 or 2 bars allowing it to blend or decay into the next item.
Biab Drums will add a Band In a Box drum track by selecting the *txt files in the Biab drums folders.
Copy Chords Selection > to Paste Chords at Cursor will copy and insert selected chords in the time
selection to the current cursor position.
Insert Chord inserts a Region.
Insert Chord in Selection inserts Region in time selection.
Edit Chord edits Region name.
Insert Bars inserts a Region in the time selection.
Remove Bars removes bars and regions in the time selection.
Split Chord Region splits the chord into two regions.
Split Region @ Bars will move the cursor to the next measure and split the chord region.
Split Region @ Beats will move the cursor to the next beat and split the chord region,
this is useful for creating up solos as you will get a different section in the next region/beat,
by redoing the section it will create a different riff each time.
Transpose Chords Selection will transpose the chord in the time selection by +- semitones.
Transpose Selected Items will pitch shift the selected media items and item label (chord name)
Chords from Selected Notes will show chord name from selected midi notes.
Create Text Chord Track will create a text item track containing the chord names.
Midi Notation if the audio ReaTrak has a corresponding *.mid the next track will be filled with
the corresponding midi sections to give the notation or used with a Virtual Instrument.
Snap Midi Item to Chords this will snap the midi notes in the selected items to the notes of the
region chord, will snap all notes starting within the chord region.
Snap Chords to Grid this is necessary for the Chord Track to work correctly so timing is accurate.
Export Chords will save Regions to csv.
Export/Renumber will snap chords to grid, renumber the order and save to csv (best to use this).
Import Chord will import region csv.
Import Chord Merge will merge current regions with imported csv.
MIDI Chord Track will create a midi track with held chords from the regions chord names,
this is useful for Virtual Instruments that use a midi chord track.
MusicXML Chords create region chord track from selected MusicXML items dragged/imported
into to Reaper eg. Band in a Box and MuseScore exported MusicXML. If you don't have Biab you
can open any Biab file in MuseScore > Export to MusicXML.
Chords from MIDI Markers get midi marker chord names from selected item if it has chords
saved as markers.
Chords from MIDI Lyrics get midi lyric chord names from selected item if it has chords
saved as lyrics.
Glue Track glues all items together on selected track.
Show Chords in Items toggles view of media cues markers in a midi or wav file, these can be
added to a midi or wav file when Rendering in Reaper.
Save MIDI Track to MusicXML with Chords writes region chord names to a midi file then
save as MusicXML.
Save MIDI Track with Text Chords write text chords to the selected midi track and saves.
Save MIDI Track with Chord Markers write chord markers the selected midi track and saves.
Arranger opens Reaper's Region Player it will play any added regions in any order you like,
it can create a new arrangement in another tab.
Circle of Fifths bring up the Circle of Fifths GUI, this will enter chords with the
middle mouse button and move left to right with the left/right mouse button.
*GUI* brings up the main ReaTrak Studio GUI.

Last edited by MusoBob; 10-26-2018 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:16 AM   #3
MusoBob

To Do List:
Some of the scripts are very rough as I'm no scripter and I'm surprised I got this far.

If anyone would like to help polish the scripts, add new thing or help with the To Do List, go for it.
Any new feature or suggestion are welcome.
In the Circle of Fifths all the Scales are not filled in yet.
https://randscullard.com/CircleOfFifths/

Implement tempo map for ReaTrak move and match.lua
so you can ReaTrak instruments and drums to an existing tempo map.

Fit 2 color/part only (verse chorus) drums and instruments to associated color, if no pre chorus/fills
in source use chorus/fills, if no bridge/fills in source use verse/fills, if no intro/fills
in source use chorus/fills.

When ReaTraking an existing track or sections in that track it will read the track name or the track items
source properties to open that file automatically and ReaTrak the section with the same instrument.

Transpose if chord not found, transpose the nearest chord from the source or substitute another chord.

halftime doubletime (a 120bpm track can be renamed to 60bpm so it will play at 120bpm
in a 60bpm project at doubletime) the script will look for halftime doubletime
in the filename to adjust the fitting accordingly. OR have an option to play at double
or half time so you can choose a 120bpm track and it will play at 120 but fit to a 60bpm song.

Combind JS MIDI Strum Mod and JS MIDI Sequencer Megababy (see JS MIDI Strum forum
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=186766 ).
Use JSFX MIDI Polyphonic Splitter to only strum bass note of chord.
Set key switch notes to send earlier.
This can then saved the strum patterns in Megababy, upload and share.
This can then be used with the Midi Chord Track created from the region chord names.

Last edited by MusoBob; 05-07-2019 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:26 AM   #4
G-Sun

Wow..

(for that web-site: Please make some graphics )
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 06:14 AM   #5
lachinhan

Default Oh My God!

I can not believe my eyes, I can not believe this, what I just saw
lachinhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:12 AM   #6
X-Raym

Quote:
Thanks to all the Reaper Scripters that helped out... X-Raym for the original csv matching script,
Lockasenns for the GUI and all the other help, pcartwright, mpl, juliansader, ......
Thanks for the words !
Glad you successfully put your project out, it is a big baby now !

Apart from few typos here and there, I think now what is missing is Demo videos !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #7
mehmethan

Hi thanks for all your effords and sharing.I hope you can upload a video about the script and capabilites. That would be great to understand what is this all about.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #8
Thonex

Whoa... That looks deep!!

Congrats!
Old 10-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #9
MusoBob

I will try to make up a basic video today, I was hoping Kenny The Man would do a video
Old 10-25-2018, 12:13 PM   #10
X-Raym

@MusoBob
Kenny only do tutorials on native solutions, that's the main concept of the channel.

He never showcased a script or an extension, sometimes third party VST but that's all. Even the LUFS video don't show SWS features.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #11
MusoBob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=404dl720eOk
Download ReaTrak-Demo-Basic.mp4

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 06-27-2019 at 04:15 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #12
mpl

This look interesting but makes my eyes bleeding watching this chaotic shared buttons.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:16 AM   #13
huberkinky

“This look interesting but makes my eyes bleeding watching this chaotic shared buttons.”

The same here...

The only valuable tool I have seen it's in Cubase but in basic Cubase it's almost useless. Also EzKeys has great help.

It's simple and for those only, who really need a help with chords.

The bottom line is, if someone is able to use the program so complex, as this one, he would be able to learn some more interesting chords. :-)

There are many interesting chords and most of them will be never used. Some are trying to be different and want to show an incredible skill, but.... the way Pink Floyd and others were using some very clever chords an average muzo will be never able.

Don't believe me?

Give me some good hit sample! Hahahahahahahahaha...

That's the simple truth. I know few chords, sus and few others. But I would love to have a Cubase with their Chord Master so I could select those ones which IN MY EARS sounds great with MY song.

Most people are not able to make such decisions and compose great songs with fancy chords!

The songwriting is the most difficult skill for human being. To play song – many can do it absolutely fantastic, but to make a hit, only very, very few are capable of composing something great.

Even the best keyboard or guitar players are not great composers and they… “know all chords” as sang by Mark Knopfler, the fantastic composer. So what’s good with such knowledge if you can’t compose!?

Just a my little rant!:-)))))))
huberkinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:55 AM   #14
MusoBob

Basic Chords

Old 10-26-2018, 01:10 AM   #15
vanhaze

Dear Musobob,

This is looking really amazing, thank you so much for the effort (also thanks to x-raym) !
This weekend i definetely will dig into ReaTrak and find out all its possibilities and functionality, i am quite thrilled to use it !

Warm Regards.
Old 10-26-2018, 09:20 PM   #16
MusoBob

Yes x-raym is the Man to go to if you need some scripting, very helpful !!

Thanks for trying it out, it stills needs a bit of work but you can still do a lot with it at the moment.

Here's another video, I will try to get around to making a youtube video unless someone else here gets enthusiastic first (fingers crossed).
If anyone needs some short videos showing certain how to functions let me know.

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 12-22-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:11 AM   #17
MusoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Hi Musobob !

I'm "only" interested in the Chord Track concept, where you have a Chord Track and then all MIDI Items on MIDI Tracks confirm to the Chords in the Chord Track.
Just like in Cubase.
(I am not interested in the collaboration features in ReaTrak).
Is this possible in Reatrak ?
And if so, maybe you could do a video about how to do that in Reatrak ?

Thanks and Warm Regards!
You can thank mpl (with the bleeding eyes) for the snapping !
So it selects the region, selects all the midi notes starting in that region
then snaps them to the nearest chord note.

Here's another video Snap MIDI to Chords

I forgot to do the last chord from C to A !

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:37 AM   #18
MusoBob

Here's another video Snap MIDI to Chords 2 with a picking rhythm:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:42 AM   #19
MusoBob

Here's one showing how the decayed items work, I fixed the Decay all -D on Track script so the cursor returns to the original position.

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 07:04 AM   #20
Jae.Thomas

It's cool but I really do wish we had a dedicated chord track instead of regions since I also use regions
Jae.Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #21
Tomm

I half expected you to hit a button to generate vocals, then another button to submit it to the internet and then you pull up a browser and see the tune already posted with AI generated cover art and music video on amazon, itunes, youtube, etc...

interesting work, a lot of work, and the videos help 100%

Tomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 01:23 PM   #22
MusoBob

Yes I wanted a dedicated Chord Track also ! but didn't get it so made ReaTrak.
Another way to get a Chord Track in REAPER is www.RapidComposer.com

it is a standalone app as well as a vst and it's way ahead of Cubase.
Old 10-27-2018, 01:47 PM   #23
MusoBob

Did you look at the snap midi to chords video above ?
I was about to add a transpose midi items script, so that would not be a problem.

For the lead sheet
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=197351#37
You can create a midi track and
"Save MIDI to MusicXML with Chords", then in the Notation Editor Save to PDF.

It will also "Create Text Chord Track", this will copy the region chords as text items on a new track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
Hi there!

I am loving using chord tracks in the way of just putting empty item notes, stretching them to fit, and then using HEDA's notes reader to display them.

So cool!

However, it doesn't really work when it comes to transposing a song, or printing out a chart, right?

It would be amazing if there was some way to:

- have the notes "transpose" with a certain midi track. Have a progression in your notes of

Amaj7, G#m m6, Emaj7, C#min9?

select the chord track and the midi(s) - transpose up by a semitone, and the chords in the notes become

Bbmaj7 (or even A#maj7, anything), Am m6, Fmaj7, Dmin9

obviously this is out of the scope of what we have.

Would be cool as well to have a print out of a chart, which you would make regions or something, to show an "A, B, C, or D" section, and then map out an arrangement and print out a chart. That's obviously out of the scope, too - but it would be neat.

I am loving the ability to have the chords displayed for my own practice (especially when dealing with keyboard chords), and would be even cooler if someone could write a script to detect midi chords and just have them dynamically display in the notes or notes reader type screen

Last edited by MusoBob; 10-27-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #24
peter5992

Very cool ... excellent work, thanks for sharing.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #25
MusoBob

Here's a chord print out with chords on top and chords to lyrics in the middle, using "Save MIDI Track to MusicXML with Chords" and "Save MIDI Track with Text Chords" then Save As PDf in the Notation Editor :

Last edited by MusoBob; 10-27-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #26
MusoBob

Here's a video showing how to create a notation track of the current audio track if there are notations files included:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:43 PM   #27
MusoBob

Here's a video showing Holds and Shots:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #28
MusoBob

Here's some videos showing Chord Regions:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 01:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:21 PM   #29
MusoBob

Here's a video Chords from MIDI Markers:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:01 AM   #30
MusoBob

Here's a video on Drum Riffs:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:15 AM   #31
MusoBob

Here's a video on Importing Band in a Box song file chords:

Biab Songs to test, if you don't have Biab to export to xml use Musescore (some will give errors importing to
Musescore but will load and work).
Download MMissary-SGU.zip
Download Tony's BIAB Cover Songs.zip
or
Download MMissary-SGU.zip
Download Tony's BIAB Cover Songs.zip

REAPER's MusicXML import still needs fixing to get complex chords https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=209607

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-20-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 03:49 AM   #32
MusoBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Brian Merrill View Post
It's cool but I really do wish we had a dedicated chord track instead of regions since I also use regions

Once you have made the tracks up you can create a text item chord track and save the the chord region to csv, this will give you the region back to use.
Or I could add something in the script to ignore regions with the name starting with "*" ?

Old 10-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #33
MusoBob

Try this if the Region name has an _ at the start it will be ignored, it's not showing in the pic as the font is large.
If it works you can just have a button to set the region name prefix to _ so it will be ignored.

Right click Save Target/Links As

ReaTrak Move and match.lua

Copy and replace in ..../Scripts/ReaTrak

Old 10-28-2018, 09:43 AM   #34
jazzmandan

Wow...
"significantly better than bad..." - Dell XPS i7, 16G Ram, Win 10 64Bit, REAPER 64Bit, MOTU Audio Express, PG Music - BIAB 2020, Kontakt 5, more VSTs than I know what to do with. Will trade all to play the guitar and keys better!
jazzmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:50 PM   #35
MusoBob

Cool we need a JazzMan to make some jazz tracks.

ReaTrak_beta.30.zip Updated Oct 29 2018
"Decay all -D on Track" cursor will return to original position.
ReaTrak decay all -D items on track.lua

Use other Regions under the Chord Track Regions,
use _ for prefix in the Region name and it will be ignored by ReaTrak.
Will add a button to to set region to "Ignored" by ReaTrak in the next release if this all works ok.

Last edited by MusoBob; 10-28-2018 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:29 AM   #36
MusoBob

This is a trimmed down menu with only the MIDI buttons for those that just want to snap MIDI to the chords.
See the pic below you can remove anymore buttons you don't want, like the color section buttons:
Right click Save Link/Target As
ReaTrak Midi Snap color icons toolbar 13.ReaperMenu
ReaTrak Midi Snap color icons toolbar 13 small.ReaperMenu
ReaTrak Midi Snap color icons toolbar 13 medium.ReaperMenu
Put these in Data/toolbar_icons
ReaTrak-chords-from-selected-notes-Button.zip

Last edited by MusoBob; 10-29-2018 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:35 AM   #37
vanhaze

Thank you so much for this !
Old 10-29-2018, 02:03 AM   #38
MusoBob

I think I will change the Ignore Region prefix to @ as you can see it better.
If you have other suggestions let me know.

Old 10-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #39
MusoBob

ReaTrak_beta.31.zip

beta 31
ReaTrak snap midi takes to chords.lua
skips ignored @ region

ReaTrak transpose chords selection.lua
skips ignored @ region

ignored region with @ prefix

Custom:ReaTrak set ignore region
ReaTrak set ignore region.eel
ReaTrak-set-ignore-region.png

Fixed action for Transpose Chord Selection in large buttons
ReaTrak color icons toolbar 16.ReaperMenu

Old 10-29-2018, 01:07 PM   #40
MusoBob

Here's a video on Transposing Chord Selection:

Watch all Videos here
Download all Videos here

Last edited by MusoBob; 11-05-2018 at 01:24 PM.