Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 03-22-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
tyllmusic
Human being with feelings

Default *does not occur anymore* Certain plugin GUIs do not show on external monitors

EDIT1: Bug does not happen anymore. I've had this issue for weeks. Now the day I decide to post this on the forum, I get an intel GPU driver update (and BIOS update) and after rebooting this issue seems fixed.

I'll wait a few days before ditching my thoughts about buying a new laptop though since it has worked before, but oh well... Guess it works again now.

Hey folks,

I'm issuing a very weird bug: Some plugins do not show any GUI when the FX window is on an external monitor. Once I pull the FX window over to my laptop screen and reopen or switch the selected FX, the GUI is shown (and updates as expected). I can pull the window back to an external monitor and the GUI stays frozen again (now it still shows, but only until I un- and re-select/-open the plugin).

Now this only happens on certain plugins.

Some examples of plugins that have this bug:
- Any Waves VST I tried
- Replika and ReplikaXT by NI
- FuzzPlus3 by AudioDamage (free, so might be one for others/devs to try?)

Plugins that don't have this bug:
- ReaperPlugins
- JS-Plugins
- Absynth, Massive, Driver any any other plugin (other than Replika/XT) by NI that I tried
- Any other plugin I tried

Some more notes:
- It seems not to matter if the plugin is 64bit, 32bit bridged or VST3.
- The plugins audio works just fine - it's only the visual that's missing
- Even the controls still do work (if you manage to find/guess where they are)

This is my setup:
Dell 7778 Inspiron -> HP USB-C Dock -> Two standard ASUS monitors. The Dell has two GPUs, the Intel HD Graphics chip and a dedicated one, which I think is not even used due to the USB-dock (is that how it works though?).

I have not tried using a different adapter setup (e.g. plugging the monitor into the HDMI-port) because my cabling is set up very accessible, but I would spend the 30 minutes needed if it helps.

I have tried this on Reaper 5.77 and the newest pre-release as well, both times it was on 64bit. I'm running Windows 10.

I'm not really sure what further info would be needed for help to locate this bug so please let me know and I'll try to do what I can. Obviously this is not making things unworkable, but obviously I'm getting annoyed to have to use the small laptop screen as a third screen solely for plugins with this bug.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by tyllmusic; 03-22-2018 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Can not replicate anymore. Seems to have been a GPU driver issue.
tyllmusic is offline   Reply With Quote