Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 04-02-2019, 02:51 AM   #2801
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
Cool! Thanks Geoff!

One thing about Navigators: are these kind of 'primitives' that are hardcoded in CSI?
So, for each desired behaviour you (Geoff) need to create a special Navigator?
Yes, but I expect that there will be a fairly small number, and after the first flurry, I'm expecting to add, like, one a year, something like that.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 05:24 AM   #2802
dixo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yeah, now that the Navigation functionality is being properly factored, we'll be able to come up with all sorts of cool Navigators
So, the "Follow MCP or TCP" selections in the Page configuration panel are going to disappear, and that behaviour is selected by choosing the appropriate Navigator in your zone files?
Or am I now throwing around buzzwords that don't mean a thing?

Last edited by dixo; 04-02-2019 at 05:30 AM.
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:13 AM   #2803
Zerododo

Hi all,

i apologize in advance, maybe i've lost some info in this big thread...

i just want to know if this tool could work for me. i explain my setup:

i've got an Ssl Nucleus, controlling Reaper via Mcu. Everything works fine for standard controls, but i'm missing the possibility to control send volume per track (with faders). i don't care about vst parameters control

Nucleus has 3 DAW layers (i can control up to 3 different DAWS in the same time) and can work in Mcu, hui or cc standard midi mode.

As i'm using DAW1 layer in mcu mode to control Reaper, my original thought was to use DAW2 layer in cc standard midi mode to control the sends volume. unfortunately Nucleus doesn't accept midi return cc messages from the daw, so it is an unusable solution because of motorized and touch sensitive faders.

so i'm asking you:
can CSI send refresh values of sends volume (for selected track) to the controller in MCU mode?

thanx to all for this huge work!!!
Zerododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 02:59 PM   #2804
Mottemania

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
I'll have a go, but bear in mind that the syntax will change a bit with the upcoming release

OK, so those are the MIDI messages being sent when you press those buttons. So you'd put those in your mst something like this:

Code:
UserButton1 PressRelease 90 2e 7f  90 2e 00
where:
- UserButton1 is the name you give the button. We try to follow whatever it's labelled as on the surface
- PressRelease is the type of control, ie. a button that sends a msg on press and then another on release.

Then, in your axt file, you could associate some functionality with that UserButton1, like maybe:

UserButton1 TrackMute

or

UserButton1 Reaper 40026

That last one would invoke the action in Reaper with ID 40026 (Save I think)

Have a look at the list of Actions here https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...tion-Reference

Does that make sense? See if you can get that going before we dive deeper.

Also, the last few pages of discussion have been about the new syntax which is coming. Don't get confused and try and use that in the version you have today.

What editor are you using?

Cheers
Malcolm
Goddammit, somehow I oversaw your answer. So: thanks and sorry for my delayed answer... In the last week I sold my FW-1884 and save my money for a smaller control surface, the behringer touch or this iCon thingy, but I'll see ...

So I just wait for the next syntax update
But I think a got a feeling for this.
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 04:10 PM   #2805
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
So, the "Follow MCP or TCP" selections in the Page configuration panel are going to disappear, and that behaviour is selected by choosing the appropriate Navigator in your zone files?
That sounds tempting and very flexible, but...

What would banking mean ?

Would you have to have two sets of banking controls, one for TCP, and one for MCP ?

Well, you can see where this is going

So, keeping TCP/MCP in Page setup seems best, at least I think
Old 04-02-2019, 04:14 PM   #2806
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerododo View Post
Hi all,

i apologize in advance, maybe i've lost some info in this big thread...

i just want to know if this tool could work for me. i explain my setup:

i've got an Ssl Nucleus, controlling Reaper via Mcu. Everything works fine for standard controls, but i'm missing the possibility to control send volume per track (with faders). i don't care about vst parameters control

Nucleus has 3 DAW layers (i can control up to 3 different DAWS in the same time) and can work in Mcu, hui or cc standard midi mode.

As i'm using DAW1 layer in mcu mode to control Reaper, my original thought was to use DAW2 layer in cc standard midi mode to control the sends volume. unfortunately Nucleus doesn't accept midi return cc messages from the daw, so it is an unusable solution because of motorized and touch sensitive faders.

so i'm asking you:
can CSI send refresh values of sends volume (for selected track) to the controller in MCU mode?
We did a jury rigged test with MCU protocol for Sends on faders that worked just fine, so the short answer is yes.

The slightly longer answer is the code is going through a major refactoring right now, and file formats will be affected, so I wouldn't start anything right now.

So, yes you will be able to do what you want, but patience is key, just for the moment at least
Old 04-03-2019, 01:01 AM   #2807
Zerododo

Quote:
So, yes you will be able to do what you want, but patience is key, just for the moment at least
no problem Geoff, i've been waiting a serious Nucleus/Reaper integration since 2011, i can wait a further more!

THANK YOU
Old 04-07-2019, 07:46 AM   #2808
matthewjumpsoffbuildings

Glad to see progress on this. Just sent a donation, when I have a bit more money I will be donating more, keep up the good work
Old 04-09-2019, 07:27 AM   #2809
SebyMusic

Default Piano Note Heard

Hi, I've installed the last version from your signature and now in reaper, I hear a piano sound when I start reaper and also, every time I hit the space bar play stop.
I don' even have a piano lol

Seby
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #2810
SebyMusic

Default BCR2000 MixMonkey

Hi, ok, I'm trying to setup the bcr2000 with CSI and reaper.
I've installed the sysex in my bcr, in reaper I've selected my bcr midi in and ou.
In CSI, Ive created a page with all BCR thing.
On a track , I select Rea EQ, but now nothing is received from my BCR or From Reaper TO the BCR.
What am I missing?
I tried in U-1 and U-4 mode in bcr.
I don't know what to do

tks
Seby
Old 04-09-2019, 12:07 PM   #2811
BlackHouse

Default CSI rules!

Hi, first, I really thank you, Geoff Waddington, for this amazing improvement to reaper (new reaper user here) I switched from Cubase 6, because I cannot edited multiple tracks at once when editing drums (time stretching without switching DAWs) and found the awesome reaper. In cubase I programmed a Roland VS-2480 (digital Mixer) and tried in reaper but found that controllers had not feedback. Then, I found Xenakios/yhertogh plug-in for the VS, but limited to reaper 32 bits version, and couple of features not programmed. With all this, I was thinking in programming the stuff from scrath. Tried to contact Xenakios in his blog but I couldn't see even my question posted there... then, I found CSI!!! (What a relief!)

All this said (I could skipped all my misfortune, but now, you know how grateful I am) I tested, like for a month, CSI with my Roland, and as with everyone here, it worked wonderful (thanks a lot!) Then, I saw a really good deal for the Behringer X-touch with extender included, and bought them.

I've been testing CSI plug-in it for the last month with that setup (xtouch + extender) All works great, but when switching between sessions (I'm working on my first record at the moment) some times reaper closes and my ASIO driver gets stuck (I have to restart my computer in order to use my interfaces again) I think , this is not related to the driver, because even using other types of driver, Direct Audio, WASAPI, etc... this happens (that reaper closes when switching between sessions)

I can live with this inconvenient or problem at the moment (really fast computer here) but was wondering: if there is anyone, who has experienced this before?

Thanks a lot!!!

Btw. I saw the behringer promo for the xtouch and the LCD screens change color, I know that this is very specific, but found that the screens can be controlled with SysEx messages (taken from extender manual):

F0 00 20 32 dd 4C nn cc c1 .. c14 F7

Where:
dd: device id (X-Touch-Ext: 0x42)
nn: LCD number 0..7
cc: bits 0-2: back-light color (black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white) **************************This is what I want to point
cc: bit 4: invert upper half of LCD
cc: bit 5: invert lower half of LCD
c1..c14: ascii characters (1..7: upper half, 8..14: lower half)

Also In cubase I could select what value return to the controller, like I did for the VS with your CSI language.

E.g: Most of the buttons in the VS have 3 states (or led colors)

ChEditButton1 Press b0 29 7f b0 29 00
ChEditButton1G PressFB b0 29 01 b0 29 00
ChEditButton1R PressFB b0 29 02 b0 29 00
ChEditButton1Y PressFB b0 29 03 b0 29 00

Obviously this have disadvantages (to switch between button states in the same "page")

Could this type of features be tweakable in the future? (To change the value of the feedback messages at some degree)

Sorry for the long post but I'm really excited with your work!
BlackHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #2812
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebyMusic View Post
Hi, ok, I'm trying to setup the bcr2000 with CSI and reaper.
I've installed the sysex in my bcr, in reaper I've selected my bcr midi in and ou.
In CSI, Ive created a page with all BCR thing.
On a track , I select Rea EQ, but now nothing is received from my BCR or From Reaper TO the BCR.
What am I missing?
I tried in U-1 and U-4 mode in bcr.
I don't know what to do

tks
Seby
Full breakdown of process here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2562
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 03:04 PM   #2813
SebyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Hi, I read all your post and did the same thing as you, but I don't understand why, but the BCR does not seems to send anything to Reaper, and don't receive the midi out from reaper

See the attachment.

tks
Seby
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (33.7 KB, 136 views)
Old 04-09-2019, 11:40 PM   #2814
Freex

Quote:
Hi, I've installed the last version from your signature and now in reaper, I hear a piano sound when I start reaper and also, every time I hit the space bar play stop.
I don' even have a piano lol

Seby
Are you still hearing the piano noises, that's an indication that your midi IO's wrong somewhere.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:48 AM   #2815
uksnowy

Sorry if this info is already in the thread but it is 70 pages long and life is short.

Is there a tutorial for configuration. The included docs dont cover it.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:40 AM   #2816
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHouse View Post
Hi, first, I really thank you, Geoff Waddington, for this amazing improvement to reaper (new reaper user here) I switched from Cubase 6, because I cannot edited multiple tracks at once when editing drums (time stretching without switching DAWs) and found the awesome reaper. In cubase I programmed a Roland VS-2480 (digital Mixer) and tried in reaper but found that controllers had not feedback. Then, I found Xenakios/yhertogh plug-in for the VS, but limited to reaper 32 bits version, and couple of features not programmed. With all this, I was thinking in programming the stuff from scrath. Tried to contact Xenakios in his blog but I couldn't see even my question posted there... then, I found CSI!!! (What a relief!)

All this said (I could skipped all my misfortune, but now, you know how grateful I am) I tested, like for a month, CSI with my Roland, and as with everyone here, it worked wonderful (thanks a lot!) Then, I saw a really good deal for the Behringer X-touch with extender included, and bought them.

I've been testing CSI plug-in it for the last month with that setup (xtouch + extender) All works great, but when switching between sessions (I'm working on my first record at the moment) some times reaper closes and my ASIO driver gets stuck (I have to restart my computer in order to use my interfaces again) I think , this is not related to the driver, because even using other types of driver, Direct Audio, WASAPI, etc... this happens (that reaper closes when switching between sessions)

I can live with this inconvenient or problem at the moment (really fast computer here) but was wondering: if there is anyone, who has experienced this before?

Thanks a lot!!!

Btw. I saw the behringer promo for the xtouch and the LCD screens change color, I know that this is very specific, but found that the screens can be controlled with SysEx messages (taken from extender manual):

F0 00 20 32 dd 4C nn cc c1 .. c14 F7

Where:
dd: device id (X-Touch-Ext: 0x42)
nn: LCD number 0..7
cc: bits 0-2: back-light color (black, red, green, yellow, blue, magenta, cyan, white) **************************This is what I want to point
cc: bit 4: invert upper half of LCD
cc: bit 5: invert lower half of LCD
c1..c14: ascii characters (1..7: upper half, 8..14: lower half)

Also In cubase I could select what value return to the controller, like I did for the VS with your CSI language.

E.g: Most of the buttons in the VS have 3 states (or led colors)

ChEditButton1 Press b0 29 7f b0 29 00
ChEditButton1G PressFB b0 29 01 b0 29 00
ChEditButton1R PressFB b0 29 02 b0 29 00
ChEditButton1Y PressFB b0 29 03 b0 29 00

Obviously this have disadvantages (to switch between button states in the same "page")

Could this type of features be tweakable in the future? (To change the value of the feedback messages at some degree)

Sorry for the long post but I'm really excited with your work!
Glad you're up and running

Yes, colour support is planned for the future.

Don't forget we're just at pre-alpha, and tha architecture is just now starting to come together, lots of room to run
Old 04-10-2019, 08:43 AM   #2817
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by uksnowy View Post
Sorry if this info is already in the thread but it is 70 pages long and life is short.

Is there a tutorial for configuration. The included docs dont cover it.
Well, we're at pre-alpha so things are changing too much right now for detailed info on anything.

That said, lots of folks are up and running, what surfaces do you want to integerate ?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #2818
uksnowy

Quote:
Well, we're at pre-alpha so things are changing too much right now for detailed info on anything.

That said, lots of folks are up and running, what surfaces do you want to integerate ?
Thanks Geoff. I am also up and running now. I have a Icon Qcon Pro G2 using MCU and most of it is working. I now wish to set my config. I thought I would start with the jog wheel.

From MCU.mst - JogWheelRotary EncoderFB b0 3c 7f b0 3c 00. I verified this with the MIDI monitor. I then made the binding in the MCU.axt

adding the line: JogWheelRotary Reaper 992

I restarted the controller and Reaper but the jog wheel is not instigating the jog action.

Any ideas?
Old 04-12-2019, 02:30 AM   #2819
MixMonkey

I don’t think you can use actions that are labelled ‘MIDI CC/OSC only.

The jog wheel has always been a problem. If you want to use it to navigate you can define the CW and CCW output as ‘Press’ and use that with fwd and rev navigation actions or by grid divisions. No ideas about scrub I’m afraid.

More info on Press and navigation here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2645
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:24 AM   #2820
uksnowy

Quote:

The jog wheel has always been a problem. If you want to use it to navigate you can define the CW and CCW output as ‘Press’ and use that with fwd and rev navigation actions or by grid divisions. No ideas about scrub I’m afraid.

More info on Press and navigation here: https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2645
Cool, i'll give that a go.. Thank you.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #2821
warriormoose

Quote:

So This is a basic Mackie function over midi... Why exactly cant this device follow that? Will scrub just never work with this system?

Geoff I am really interested in where this goes... I am using the full sized x touch but I am running out of time to return it if this doesn't work. Where did you get the five digit numbers for reaper actions?
warriormoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #2822
BlackHouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriormoose View Post
So This is a basic Mackie function over midi... Why exactly cant this device follow that? Will scrub just never work with this system?

Geoff I am really interested in where this goes... I am using the full sized x touch but I am running out of time to return it if this doesn't work. Where did you get the five digit numbers for reaper actions?
I'm using an X-touch and an X-touch extender (and maybe in the future a couple more) and they work for volume level, panning (and width, i never use this), rec arm, selecting tracks (multiple, exclusively, and a range, solo, mute), automation (since still recording, I haven't tested at full this), transport (play, rec, stop...), fader and channel banking. All this and a little more just using the MCU and MCUXT pre-programmed files.

Just as a plus, I ended with the same solution as commented before (MixMonkey), since in cubase I came with the same solution, using the jog wheel as 2 different buttons for moving the cursor.

Note: for my X-touch the values are,

ShuttleWheelR Press b0 3c 01
ShuttleWheelL Press b0 3c 41

which differ from the expected from the MCU.

Also, I changed some actions pre-coded in the MCU (In the axt file for MCU) in order to gain access to markers (move to next, previous, edit, add, remove), to routing matrix, to fx window (of current selected track), to change track polarity, to navigate and zoom (TCP)

There are a lot of ID commands that you could use to customize your workflow; and remember that, you can use modifiers with each other button to even create a bigger set of options (shift+button, control+button...)

As for me, I'm waiting to gain access to pages, in order to use fx plugins exclusively from the X-touchs, but since this thread is way to long (I did read almost the entirely thread) I got lost in which features are still on working and which ones just work now.

Greetings from Mexico!
Old 04-13-2019, 12:16 PM   #2823
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Geoff I am really interested in where this goes... I am using the full sized x touch but I am running out of time to return it if this doesn't work.
Relax, we'll have full scrub support, just not today, don't forget this is still pre-alpha, we're just finalizing the overall architecture, but rest assured, jog, shuttle, scrub, etc. will be fully implemented.

Quote:
Where did you get the five digit numbers for reaper actions?
Reaper->Actions->Show Action List

The command Id's are usually numbers, but sometimes they are weird looking strings, no worries, both work in CSI.
Old 04-13-2019, 12:17 PM   #2824
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I'm using an X-touch and an X-touch extender (and maybe in the future a couple more) and they work for volume level, panning (and width, i never use this), rec arm, selecting tracks (multiple, exclusively, and a range, solo, mute), automation (since still recording, I haven't tested at full this), transport (play, rec, stop...), fader and channel banking. All this and a little more just using the MCU and MCUXT pre-programmed files.

Just as a plus, I ended with the same solution as commented before (MixMonkey), since in cubase I came with the same solution, using the jog wheel as 2 different buttons for moving the cursor.

Note: for my X-touch the values are,

ShuttleWheelR Press b0 3c 01

which differ from the expected from the MCU.

Also, I changed some actions pre-coded in the MCU (In the axt file for MCU) in order to gain access to markers (move to next, previous, edit, add, remove), to routing matrix, to fx window (of current selected track), to change track polarity, to navigate and zoom (TCP)

There are a lot of ID commands that you could use to customize your workflow; and remember that, you can use modifiers with each other button to even create a bigger set of options (shift+button, control+button...)

As for me, I'm waiting to gain access to pages, in order to use fx plugins exclusively from the X-touchs, but since this thread is way to long (I did read almost the entirely thread) I got lost in which features are still on working and which ones just work now.

Greetings from Mexico!
Excellent !!

Glad to see you are getting some use already, please feel free to join in the feature discussions here.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:02 AM   #2825
babyjaws

Default hui to mcu converter

hi everyone!
quick question about CSI!

my mixer (O1V96i) is HUI I believe,

would I need to use Guido's HUI to MCU midi translation project
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=102418
to get this up and running? or is it functioning with HUI right now?
is anyone testing CSI with HUI controllers?

sorry if this has been answered already! theres a lot of posts to go through here

Anton
Old 04-17-2019, 10:36 AM   #2826
warriormoose

Quote:
could you post your files for me to play with? Are you having issue with the pan not being fast enough? it seems like it takes 20-30 rotations of my pan knob to pan to even the 3&9 positions.

Last edited by warriormoose; 04-17-2019 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #2827
warriormoose

Quote:
Relax, we'll have full scrub support, just not today, don't forget this is still pre-alpha, we're just finalizing the overall architecture, but rest assured, jog, shuttle, scrub, etc. will be fully implemented.

Reaper->Actions->Show Action List

The command Id's are usually numbers, but sometimes they are weird looking strings, no worries, both work in CSI.
Thanks for your reply. Sorry for seeming pushy, you are doing good work and I would have no idea where to begin with what you are doing. I appreciate your quick response!
Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 PM   #2828
twoleftfeet

Default need to find my flashlight to see my compass to find out where I am

anyone care to share a blow by blow instruction on how to load up an x touch I just acquired to be able to talk to 5.97 reaper loaded onto a Mac book pro with Mojave?
I've spent awhile on this forum, downloaded Geoff's CSI folder,
not sure, for starters, which sub folder in the plugins folder to put the dylib file....
twoleftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:22 AM   #2829
Zerododo

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoleftfeet View Post
anyone care to share a blow by blow instruction on how to load up an x touch I just acquired to be able to talk to 5.97 reaper loaded onto a Mac book pro with Mojave?
I've spent awhile on this forum, downloaded Geoff's CSI folder,
not sure, for starters, which sub folder in the plugins folder to put the dylib file....
+1 for a basic tutorial

thanx!
Old 04-18-2019, 04:19 AM   #2830
MalcolmG

While not a full tutorial, there are some notes that might help here:

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:42 AM   #2831
twoleftfeet

This looks very promising
Thanks so much!
twoleftfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:00 AM   #2832
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerododo View Post
+1 for a basic tutorialthanx!
Only if the specifications are not going to be changed any more.
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:27 PM   #2833
BlackHouse

Quote:
could you post your files for me to play with? Are you having issue with the pan not being fast enough? it seems like it takes 20-30 rotations of my pan knob to pan to even the 3&9 positions.
Of course! And sorry, I was busy working (in my real work)

About the mst file (MCU.mst), I just changed the JogWheelRotary part with this:

Code:

//JogWheelRotary EncoderFB b0 3c 41  b0 3c 01
// SHUTTLE
ShuttleWheelR  Press b0 3c 01
And the full axt file (MCU.axt) for me is the next:
Code:
ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
ChannelRight TrackBank 1
BankLeft TrackBank -8
BankRight TrackBank 8
TimeDisplay TimeDisplay
Rewind Rewind
FastForward FastForward
Stop Stop
Shift+Stop Reaper 40668
Play Play
Record Record
F1 NextPage
F7 PinSelectedTracks
F8 UnpinSelectedTracks
Read Reaper 40401
Write Reaper 40403
Trim Reaper 40400
Touch Reaper 40402
Latch Reaper 40404
Group Reaper 42023
Shift+Read Reaper 40086
Shift+Write Reaper 40090
Shift+Trim Reaper 40088
Shift+Touch Reaper 40087
Shift+Latch Reaper 40266
Shift+Group Reaper 42024
Save Reaper 40026
Shift+Save Reaper 40022
Undo Reaper 40029
Shift+Undo Reaper 40030
Marker Reaper 40171
Shift+Marker Reaper 40172
Control+Marker Reaper 40173
Nudge Reaper 40173
Cycle CycleTimeline
Click Reaper 40364
Shift+Rewind Reaper 40042
Scrub Reaper 992

Inputs Reaper 40251

Plugin Reaper 40291
smpteBeats Reaper _SWS_MASTERMONO
Shift+smpteBeats Reaper _SWS_MASTERSTEREO

Up Reaper 40138
Down Reaper 40139
Left Reaper 40140
Right Reaper 40141
Shift+Up Reaper 40111
Shift+Down Reaper 40112
Shift+Left Reaper 1011
Shift+Right Reaper 1012

ShuttleWheelL Reaper 40104 //40646 / MoveLeftGridDivision
ShuttleWheelR Reaper 40105  //40647 / MoveRightGridDivision

Flip Reaper 40282
MasterFader MasterTrackVolume

BankableChannel
VUMeter1 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper1 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower1 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader1 TrackVolume
FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
Rotary1 TrackCycle RotaryPush1 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 2"
Select1 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select1 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select1 TrackSelect
RecordArm1 TrackRecordArm
Mute1 TrackMute
Solo1 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter2 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper2 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower2 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader2 TrackVolume
FaderTouch2 TrackTouch
Rotary2 TrackCycle RotaryPush2 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select2 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select2 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select2 TrackSelect
RecordArm2 TrackRecordArm
Mute2 TrackMute
Solo2 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter3 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper3 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower3 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader3 TrackVolume
FaderTouch3 TrackTouch
Rotary3 TrackCycle RotaryPush3 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select3 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select3 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select3 TrackSelect
RecordArm3 TrackRecordArm
Mute3 TrackMute
Solo3 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter4 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper4 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower4 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader4 TrackVolume
FaderTouch4 TrackTouch
Rotary4 TrackCycle RotaryPush4 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select4 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select4 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select4 TrackSelect
RecordArm4 TrackRecordArm
Mute4 TrackMute
Solo4 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter5 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper5 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower5 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader5 TrackVolume
FaderTouch5 TrackTouch
Rotary5 TrackCycle RotaryPush5 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select5 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select5 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select5 TrackSelect
RecordArm5 TrackRecordArm
Mute5 TrackMute
Solo5 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter6 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper6 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower6 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader6 TrackVolume
FaderTouch6 TrackTouch
Rotary6 TrackCycle RotaryPush6 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select6 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select6 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select6 TrackSelect
RecordArm6 TrackRecordArm
Mute6 TrackMute
Solo6 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter7 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper7 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower7 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader7 TrackVolume
FaderTouch7 TrackTouch
Rotary7 TrackCycle RotaryPush7 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select7 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select7 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select7 TrackSelect
RecordArm7 TrackRecordArm
Mute7 TrackMute
Solo7 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd

BankableChannel
VUMeter8 TrackOutputMeter 0
DisplayUpper8 TrackNameDisplay
DisplayLower8 TrackTouchControlled TrackPanDisplay TrackVolumeDisplay
Fader8 TrackVolume
FaderTouch8 TrackTouch
Rotary8 TrackCycle RotaryPush8 "TrackPan 0" "TrackPanWidth 1"
Select8 TrackUniqueSelect
Shift+Select8 TrackRangeSelect
Control+Select8 TrackSelect
RecordArm8 TrackRecordArm
Mute8 TrackMute
Solo8 TrackSolo
BankableChannelEnd
About the encoders needing lot of rotations in order to change a tiny amount, I haven't tested it, I mean I use them, but haven't noticed that. When I get home, I will test it and tell you back (At some point I did read that the numbers next to TrackPan, and TrackWidth mean the way the CSI plug-in gives the controller Feedback for the led rings, so I don't remember If I made changes to this)

BTW. Thanks Geoff, I will join the discussion whenever I could add something. About the issue with opening other projects and Reaper closing abruptly, I found a shortcut: Open a new project tab, and open there the desired project. That way Reaper hasn't closed (I have tested this shortcut for couple days)
Old 04-18-2019, 02:48 PM   #2834
SebyMusic

Default FaderPort 8 Mapping please

Hi guys, is there anyone here with the mapping for the faderport 8 or Faderport 16 that work with the newest version of CSI please?

tks
Seby
Old 04-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #2835
SebyMusic

Quote:
Hi guys, is there anyone here with the mapping for the faderport 8 or Faderport 16 that work with the newest version of CSI please?

tks
Seby
No one use that FP8 controller?
Cause the FP16 file does not work at all.
tks
Seby
Old 04-19-2019, 09:13 AM   #2836
BlackHouse

Quote:
I did the test, and for every mechanical feedback of the rotary encoder, the PAN value increments/Decrements by 2 units. If you were talking about mechanical feedback, yes it could take few, but if you mean complete rotations, then there's something wrong. Hope this could help you.

Quote:
No one use that FP8 controller?
Cause the FP16 file does not work at all.
tks
Seby
I did manage to program an old Roland VS-2480, and worked good (obviously with the limitations of the technology and the not-finished csi plug-in) I should recommend to write down the input of some buttons, and start trying making work one channel at the time. Maybe, and just maybe, the mapping or content of the message (the one that outputs your controller) is different between the FP16 and FP8. Since I have no access to either one of those, I can't help you trying it by myself.

Remember (and if you didn't know) there are two types of faders 14 bits and 7 bits (My old Roland worked with the 7bits), buttons (Press and PressRelease) and just one Encoder (or I think so, you can see MalcolmG's Wiki/github for the control types) As I remember now, I couldn't make the encoders work (In the Roland)
Old 04-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #2837
SebyMusic

Well, there's some things I don't understand, I have 3 or 4 MCU mode I can load my FP8, but none of those give me the same lights on or off.
For instance, the button WRITE, LATCH etc mode don't light up when activated. I don't get it.
I really need someone that own the fp16 or fp8 and can help me.

tks
Seby

Quote:
I did the test, and for every mechanical feedback of the rotary encoder, the PAN value increments/Decrements by 2 units. If you were talking about mechanical feedback, yes it could take few, but if you mean complete rotations, then there's something wrong. Hope this could help you.

I did manage to program an old Roland VS-2480, and worked good (obviously with the limitations of the technology and the not-finished csi plug-in) I should recommend to write down the input of some buttons, and start trying making work one channel at the time. Maybe, and just maybe, the mapping or content of the message (the one that outputs your controller) is different between the FP16 and FP8. Since I have no access to either one of those, I can't help you trying it by myself.

Remember (and if you didn't know) there are two types of faders 14 bits and 7 bits (My old Roland worked with the 7bits), buttons (Press and PressRelease) and just one Encoder (or I think so, you can see MalcolmG's Wiki/github for the control types) As I remember now, I couldn't make the encoders work (In the Roland)
Old 04-19-2019, 10:30 AM   #2838
BlackHouse

Quote:
Well, there's some things I don't understand, I have 3 or 4 MCU mode I can load my FP8, but none of those give me the same lights on or off.
For instance, the button WRITE, LATCH etc mode don't light up when activated. I don't get it.
I really need someone that own the fp16 or fp8 and can help me.

tks
Seby
As I said, I should recommend you to try programming the FP8 (or 16)

Let me help you if you don't know how to do it:

1.-Obviously you need in advance the files for the CSI project
a) The CSI folder with the mst,axt and fxt files, should be in the reaper resource path (Options->Show reaper resource path in explorer/finder...)
b) The dynamic-link library (DLL file) should be put inside the reaper's Plugins folder (This one is where reaper has been installed in your HDD)

2.-If everything is where it should be, when opening reaper, you should go to Options->Preferences...->Control/OSC/Web, here you should add a new control, which in the drop-down list should appear as Control Surface Integrator.

3.-Once you add this control, there should be shown the "options" and controllers you have linked to the plug-in (I don't remember if you should disable all those controllers inside the Audio->MIDI Devices option in the reaper preferences)
a) Here you should add Midi under the "Surfaces" area. Give it a name, select your MIDI In and Out Connections, and select your templates. I should recommend to create yours in advance(MST and AXT files) Finish this by clicking "OK"
b) Now, Use the Monitor section, and enable the Midi In Monitor (Also Midi Out if you want to know what reaper is feeding to your controller)

4.-Open your created templates (MST and AXT files, or the ones you want to edit) and start writing Down the name of your desired buttons, and then push them, and write down what the Midi Monitor shows when you push them.

E.g.
Code:
Midi In->(the name you designated to this CTLR SRFC) (The name you gave to the button/fader) (Its ID) (The updated Value)

(This is not accurate, since I'm working now and I barely remember what it should look like)

When I press the shift button the monitor says something like:
Midi In->MCU Shift 90 46 7f

And when I release the button it says:
Midi In->MCU Shift 90 46 00

Note that the button tells the controller to send via MIDI its "ID" (90 46) and its value/state (7f = On / 00 = Iff)

For the Faders you have something like (for 7bits):
Midi In->MCU VFader1 b0 15 70
Midi In->MCU VFader1 b0 15 6F

And for 14 bits:
Midi In->MCU VFader1 e0 50 40
Midi In->MCU VFader1 e0 7f 7f

Note that for the 7 bits, you have ID ID VALUE; and for the 14 bits you have ID VALUE VALUE.
5.-Once you wrote down the name of your buttons/faders, their respective ID's and range values (I mean 00 = Off, 7f = On or for faders 7F = highest position, 00 = lowest position) You should start building your MST file.

Code:
The Syntax is:
NameOfTheButtonOrFader ControlType ID(s) VALUE(s) * ID(s) VALUE(s)

*Depending on the type you could omit the second ID(s) VALUE(s)
E.G.
// MOTORIZED FADERS
Fader1 Fader7BitFB b0 15 7f b0 15 00

// TRANSPORT
ZeroButton 	Press b0 6f 7f b0 6f 00
6.-Here is where it went tricky (at least for my Roland) With the mst file written, you should now link this commands to a reaper action, so now you should write in the AXT file what action you want your button/fader to fire.

Code:
Syntax:
NameOfTheButtonOrFader Action
or
NameOfTheButtonOrFader Reaper CMD_ID

E.g.
*As with the previous example for the "Zero button"
ZeroButton Reaper 40042

*And for the Fader
BankableChannel
Fader1 TrackVolume
BnakableChannelEnd
The trick here is that this "BankableChannel" though being discussed in this thread (a long ago) you only have the hint of use it by the pre-coded files. So it is the same with some actions that doesn't use the Reaper command IDs. (Like trackCycle)

7.-Finally, restart reaper, and If everything went ok, you should see that your fader now moves (if it is motorized) or that it controls the first track volume.
As for the buttons, here is another tricky part, if you see that your button does nothing, then maybe you should change it for PressRelease type in your MST file. I made my Roland work only with Press and PressFB (to turn On the button's LED)

As with me, everything I made a change in the MST or AXT file, needs reaper to be restarted. Also sometimes, when starting reaper, my controllers (I'm now using an Xtouch and Xtouch extender by Behringer) don't react to the plugin, so, I need to restart reaper.

Hope this help you, If I missed something, tell me, and also sorry if I wrote something weird or wrong (English is not my mother language and sometimes I mix it with Spanish and German words T_T)
Old 04-19-2019, 02:16 PM   #2839
SebyMusic

Hi thanks for the answer, I really appreciate it.
How to you program this.
On my controller, I have Latch, Trim, Touch, Write, Read buttons.
I want them to be off ny default, and on when one of the option is pressed.
tks
Seby

Quote:
As I said, I should recommend you to try programming the FP8 (or 16)

Let me help you if you don't know how to do it:

1.-Obviously you need in advance the files for the CSI project
a) The CSI folder with the mst,axt and fxt files, should be in the reaper resource path (Options->Show reaper resource path in explorer/finder...)
b) The dynamic-link library (DLL file) should be put inside the reaper's Plugins folder (This one is where reaper has been installed in your HDD)

2.-If everything is where it should be, when opening reaper, you should go to Options->Preferences...->Control/OSC/Web, here you should add a new control, which in the drop-down list should appear as Control Surface Integrator.

3.-Once you add this control, there should be shown the "options" and controllers you have linked to the plug-in (I don't remember if you should disable all those controllers inside the Audio->MIDI Devices option in the reaper preferences)
a) Here you should add Midi under the "Surfaces" area. Give it a name, select your MIDI In and Out Connections, and select your templates. I should recommend to create yours in advance(MST and AXT files) Finish this by clicking "OK"
b) Now, Use the Monitor section, and enable the Midi In Monitor (Also Midi Out if you want to know what reaper is feeding to your controller)

4.-Open your created templates (MST and AXT files, or the ones you want to edit) and start writing Down the name of your desired buttons, and then push them, and write down what the Midi Monitor shows when you push them.

E.g.
Code:
Midi In->(the name you designated to this CTLR SRFC) (The name you gave to the button/fader) (Its ID) (The updated Value)

(This is not accurate, since I'm working now and I barely remember what it should look like)

When I press the shift button the monitor says something like:
Midi In->MCU Shift 90 46 7f

And when I release the button it says:
Midi In->MCU Shift 90 46 00

Note that the button tells the controller to send via MIDI its "ID" (90 46) and its value/state (7f = On / 00 = Iff)

For the Faders you have something like (for 7bits):
Midi In->MCU VFader1 b0 15 70
Midi In->MCU VFader1 b0 15 6F

And for 14 bits:
Midi In->MCU VFader1 e0 50 40
Midi In->MCU VFader1 e0 7f 7f

Note that for the 7 bits, you have ID ID VALUE; and for the 14 bits you have ID VALUE VALUE.
5.-Once you wrote down the name of your buttons/faders, their respective ID's and range values (I mean 00 = Off, 7f = On or for faders 7F = highest position, 00 = lowest position) You should start building your MST file.

Code:
The Syntax is:
NameOfTheButtonOrFader ControlType ID(s) VALUE(s) * ID(s) VALUE(s)

*Depending on the type you could omit the second ID(s) VALUE(s)
E.G.
// MOTORIZED FADERS
Fader1 Fader7BitFB b0 15 7f b0 15 00

// TRANSPORT
ZeroButton 	Press b0 6f 7f b0 6f 00
6.-Here is where it went tricky (at least for my Roland) With the mst file written, you should now link this commands to a reaper action, so now you should write in the AXT file what action you want your button/fader to fire.

Code:
Syntax:
NameOfTheButtonOrFader Action
or
NameOfTheButtonOrFader Reaper CMD_ID

E.g.
*As with the previous example for the "Zero button"
ZeroButton Reaper 40042

*And for the Fader
BankableChannel
Fader1 TrackVolume
BnakableChannelEnd
The trick here is that this "BankableChannel" though being discussed in this thread (a long ago) you only have the hint of use it by the pre-coded files. So it is the same with some actions that doesn't use the Reaper command IDs. (Like trackCycle)

7.-Finally, restart reaper, and If everything went ok, you should see that your fader now moves (if it is motorized) or that it controls the first track volume.
As for the buttons, here is another tricky part, if you see that your button does nothing, then maybe you should change it for PressRelease type in your MST file. I made my Roland work only with Press and PressFB (to turn On the button's LED)

As with me, everything I made a change in the MST or AXT file, needs reaper to be restarted. Also sometimes, when starting reaper, my controllers (I'm now using an Xtouch and Xtouch extender by Behringer) don't react to the plugin, so, I need to restart reaper.

Hope this help you, If I missed something, tell me, and also sorry if I wrote something weird or wrong (English is not my mother language and sometimes I mix it with Spanish and German words T_T)
Old 04-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #2840
SebyMusic

Default Faderport 8 Sends Screen

How, please tell me how to accomplish this.
I have a send page in CSI. When I press a button, I do enter in the sends mode, but I want to see ALL the sends of the selected track.
So if the selected track have 4 sends on it, well all 4 first faders will reflect the send amount for that selected track.

Right now, what I see is only one send of all 8 tracks in view.

tks
Seby