Old 09-04-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
jedred
Human being with feelings

Default Deleting FX chains

Trying to figure how to delete the FX "chains" I saved from the FX chains window. I didn't highlight all the items correctly before saving and now only one of the 4 different FX from the "chain" I was trying to save actually appears when I add the chain to a track. Reaper 5.17 on a mac Yosemite 10.10.5
jedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
OPI

Just overwrite the file. Save a new template with the same name.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #3
jedred

So, there's no way to delete items in the list, or the list entirely? ...that's kinda hokey. I'd be better off not saving chains at all then, as I'll just end up with a bunch of outdated clutter eventually. Thanks for the re-write advice though.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:09 PM   #4
OPI

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedred View Post
So, there's no way to delete items in the list, or the list entirely? ...that's kinda hokey. I'd be better off not saving chains at all then, as I'll just end up with a bunch of outdated clutter eventually. Thanks for the re-write advice though.
No,you can. I just think this method is faster.

How would you end up with clutter? I've had 3 fx chains for 2 years. All 3 have been changed and re-saved hundreds of times. Also I recommend reading the fantastic manual that comes with reaper if you haven't already.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
foxAsteria

you delete them by opening the Reaper resources folder (options menu), navigating to the FX Chains folder and deleting the files you don't want.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:10 PM   #6
jedred

I finally figured it out...I think...and yes,hard copy of the User Guide on the desk. Morphing from the analog world into the digital realm and slowly grasping the terminology and figuring out where things are and how to get to them. Not quite as straightforward as " grab me reel #4" but I'm coming around!
I'll poke around in that Reaper resources folder now that I know where to go to find what.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #7
MRMJP

I also thought it was slightly odd that there wasn't a way to delete an FX chain from the FX chain menu.

Certainly there are bigger things to worry about but wouldn't complain if something like this was added.