Old 07-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
drbam
Human being with feelings

Default Faderport v2 in Reaper 5?

My original FP has stopped working and am considering purchasing FP2. I'm still using Reaper 5 and have several projects going and don't want to risk getting into an issue fix fest by installing Reaper 6. Does anybody know if FP2 is functional with Reaper 5.

Thanks!
drbam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 07:01 AM   #2
rogs

Even though the spec written on the side of the Faderport V2 packing box says compatible with x86 and x64, in reality this device only works with 64 bit systems.
The Presonus website actually only lists a 64 bit driver - and has x64 as a minimum spec. There is no 32 bit driver.

So if you are using a 64 bit system you should be OK - but forget it if your system is 32 bit.

(Fortunately for me the dealer was good about a refund)

Presonus should update the spec list on the packing box!
rogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:16 AM   #3
drbam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogs View Post
Even though the spec written on the side of the Faderport V2 packing box says compatible with x86 and x64, in reality this device only works with 64 bit systems.
The Presonus website actually only lists a 64 bit driver - and has x64 as a minimum spec. There is no 32 bit driver.

So if you are using a 64 bit system you should be OK - but forget it if your system is 32 bit.

(Fortunately for me the dealer was good about a refund)

Presonus should update the spec list on the packing box!
Thanks so much and sorry I should have included my system specs (Win 7 64).

Reaper 6 now includes a driver for FP v2 but Reaper 5 only has a generic Faderport driver and I could not figure out a way to install anything related to FP2 into Reaper 5. I suppose I could just purchase FP 2 and return it if it doesn't work.

And when I said my FP quit working, this is not totally the case. What quit working and I am unable to fix, is that it no longer follows mouse click track select, which for me, makes it unusable except for the basic transport controls. This function always worked perfectly for several years on 3 different systems but simply stopped some days ago. I've tried rebooting FP, deleting and re-selecting the driver, etc. Nothing seems to restore the mouse click track select functionality.

Thanks again!
drbam is offline   Reply With Quote