Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2019, 07:29 PM   #1
Fergler
Human being with feelings

Default Paid update to Super8

I am really pushing against the limits of super8 and looking for a better looper... but sadly, I haven't found the answer.

Mobius doesn't work on any of my systems either, and I'd run into similar limitations anyway.

I would like to have the following added to super8, ranked in importance:

1. More channels, or ability to sync up multiple instances of Super8 to function in tandem (I think this is an easier short term approach though I'm no coder).
2. *2 or /2 buttons for the click count (with MIDI assignment)
3. Automatically set a reasonable frequency (e.g. click count is currently 8, but I play a 20 second long loop, automatically set to 32 clicks). This would be an on/off feature.
4. Text box selection of MIDI # for the various parameters, instead of right click drag. Optionally: MIDI Learn by right click or something.
5. Ensure loops start and end on zero-crossings
6. MIDI assignment for Latch on/off

Extra but more intensive features:
7. Bonus points if you can create the ability to switch a channel to MIDI input (and choose channel), where MIDI passes through Super8 and is also recorded to buffer where it is set out on the same channel it came in on for routing to a track.
8. Exxxxxtra bonus points ($$) if overdubbing works by creating additional audio on the end of a buffer and playing that overtop, instead of writing onto the existing buffer. Once put into project, these would be shown as take lanes with 'play all takes' turned on for the item. (this is my conception of the easiest way to code this as a tack-on, but maybe just using an available additional buffer channel is an easier approach. But I just wanted to put my thoughts down).

Pay: $200/6 US for features 1-6 and $100 US each for the extra features sound reasonable? This way maybe multiple coders can take on the project if it's a lot to ask of one. If so, I would ask that you make your code revisions available on a github or something.

Obviously, anyone interested in doing this out of the goodness of your heart / updating this great tool for the community would be appreciated, but at this point I'd really like this done for personal projects so I'm putting my money on the line.

Note that it is fully intended either way, payment or not, that the tool makes its way into everyones hands, maybe in a future official Reaper update.

Last edited by Fergler; 10-22-2019 at 08:43 PM.
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote