Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 02-14-2008, 10:46 AM   #1
BZChi7d
Human being with feelings

Default I need someone to build me this kind of theme

Firstly, hello fellas! greetings to you all (bows)

I know this might sound cocky but considering that some of the themes seen here are AWESOME and that with Reaper we don't have to stick to a style-less skin forever i need someone to build me a theme according to some specifications. I have tried but in vain.

I was browsing thru the posts when i saw these 2 screenshots of 2 Energy XT themes.

http://www.robodesign.ro/rfilip/files/BlackFire.png
http://www.robodesign.ro/rfilip/files/RubberLAI.png

IS anyone kind enough to bear with me for a while and build me a theme ?

Regards
Radu
BZChi7d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #2
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Welcome to the forums Sir.

Making exactly those kinds of 'horizon' buttons would be the easiest place for you to start getting into theming yourself; just google for 'button turorial' on whatever graphics package you'd like to use and it'll probably be #1.

You don't have to face the mountain of doing a whole new theme to start with; find a theme that's close and start replacing a few bits and see how you get on, we've had a hundred examples of people starting out like that (and only one instance of someone taking offence) and you'd be surprised how quickly you start getting great results, so get stuck in!
White Tie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:10 AM   #3
BZChi7d

Ok! i just gave it a shot but i must be doing sumfin wrong!

inside a theme folder, i have deleted fader_v.bmp and replaced it with a button i have made myself (same size, 72 dpi), loaded the theme and nuffin! i must admit it was a simple button and i haven't put that pink border around it...what am i doing wrong ?
Old 02-15-2008, 02:02 AM   #4
Limeflavour

As far as I know there is no fader_v.bmp in reaper skins...
You must also use .png extensions for your buttons.

Before you start themeing take a peek at the "Advanced theming info" thread, should be in the top of the colortheme forum.

As WT said, start by download a theme and then customize it to your own taste.
Limeflavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:37 AM   #5
jens

they're done by Branis, and yes, they're excellent - BlackFire was my default eXT-theme for quite some time.

Afaik Branis doesn't use Reaper but we could ask him for help nonetheless - he's a really nice guy.
jens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 AM   #6
Teksonik

Why not buy Branis a Reaper license in exchange for designing a skin to your specs? He might not be interested but getting someone of his obvious graphic talents into the Reaper family would be a positive thing. At the same time you would be introducing him to a really powerful piece of software. Win Win situation
Teksonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 06:33 AM   #7
teej813

BZ,
Some time ago, Reaper used a fader.bmp file for the faders in the TCP and MCP. It no longer uses those files, and you can delete them from your theme.

You're looking for the files called:
- mcp_panthumb.png
- mcp_volthumb.png
- tcp_panthumb.png
- mcp_volthumb.png
- transport_playspeedthumb.png

If you want to see how your new fader looks, convert it to PNG, and overwrite one or all of those files.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.

tj
Old 02-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #8
BZChi7d

thanks guys!

yes, i have finally realized that those fader bmp's were not used by reaper...slowly i'm getting it! in the default theme folder there's everything i need...just modify those to suit my tastes.

those themes are indeed awesome. if an interface isn't to my liking (colors and stuff) i can't sit down and write music, don't know why! i wonder how i would have written music on those old atari pc's...yuk!

thanks again amigos