Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Spatial Audio

Old 12-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #1
Ashtarchris
Human being with feelings

Default rendering ambisonics in Reaper (dearvr spatial connect)

Hey, I hope someone can help me with this. I am mixing 3rd order ambisonics for a vr piece in Reaper, with the dearvr pro plugin, and mixing directly in VR with the dearvr spatial connect. It is absolutely amazing mixing spatial audio directly in the VR headset. I have all of my ambisonic automation mapped out and it is playing beautifully inside Reaper, but I can't figure out how to export (or render) the audio file to import into Premiere. I was able to get 9 channels on the master mix track, but when I try to render it looks like it's only rendering audio on 2 of the 9 channels with 7 of the channels blank. What am I missing? Do I need to an encoder or decoder on the master mix bus? Any help would be massively appreciated!!!

I want to make sure the headset tracking matches the spatial audio as it's playing back in Reaper, and changing with the viewer's field of view.
Ashtarchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:45 AM   #2
jm duchenne
Human being with feelings

First : do you use the regular Reaper's Master track or do you create a special one ?

If you follow the logical simple workflow you must have the Master track set to 10 channels (9 doesn't exist) and when you Render the Master Mix you set the channel number in the box to 9 and voilà ;-)

Otherwise you must select to render the Stems (track) you have selected.

Or perhaps that you render through a binaural processor that mixes your ambisonics flow to two channels ? In this case I suppose that you must just bypass it.
jm duchenne is offline   Reply With Quote