Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-09-2009, 03:30 AM   #1
fandango
Human being with feelings

Default Multi-timbrals (Audio Receive / MIDI Send)

Sorry, but I need more help with multi-timbral multi-out plugins in Reaper. It's a major sticking point for me, as I use Kontakt almost exclusively and very rarely use single stereo-out plugins.

1. I add Kontakt 4.
2. I get 1 track with K4, and 16 tracks of stereo. (lovely, one for each midi channel)
3. I put these into a folder (can't use the K4 one as the folder, which would make a lot of sense to me )
4. Now I add 16 more tracks which send MIDI to K4, but who's own audio faders are redundant and serve no purpose.

This still feels like an awfully long-winded way of doing things compared to the 'old guard'.

I've been thinking it MUST be possible to have my 16 stereo outputs RECEIVE audio (from K4) and SEND midi (to K4) on the ONE track.

However, as soon as I add a MIDI send (Audio = None) to one of the channel tracks, I get no audio output.

Is this an issue with feedback looping?

Last edited by fandango; 11-09-2009 at 03:43 AM.
fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:49 AM   #2
DarkStar

yes it is,.

Grab a coffeee, and have a look through this thread:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27868

You'll only need to do it once (or twice) then you'll have the track template for ever.

----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratman View Post
Below is a link to a pdf containing some notes I've written on using GPO Kontakt Player 2 as a multi in Reaper. But the notes are probably relevant to any multi in Kontakt Player 2 (KP2) and Kontakt 2 (K2).

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/150386/...-In-Reaper.pdf

I needed to write it down, otherwise I know I'll forget in a few months (it must be my age) . It might be of use to someone else out there.

Let me know if you spot any errors or if you know of a better way.

There are a lot of pages, but it's mostly pictures. Also, it's much easier to do in practice that in looks when it's written down.
Pete

Last edited by DarkStar; 11-09-2009 at 04:02 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:04 AM   #3
fandango

Thanks! Ah, I had looked at that thread... but seemingly hadn't read down far enough.

Hmn, not sure I want to disable the feedback loop protection. I think I'll just stick with the old fashioned method. I'll just hide the stuff in mixer/track I don't need.
fandango is offline   Reply With Quote