Old 09-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
anton
Human being with feelings

Default thinking about switching over to Reaper

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and thinking about switching over to Reaper. I owned an Mbox in the past, sold it, and am now looking at purchasing some other sort of hardware interface, perhaps a Mackie 400F. I have a few questions about reaper. I have reading through the user manual.

Does Reaper have some sort of feature that lets you drop in Track Markers during play back? I found this to be a very handy option. Also, is there some more information on the editing capabilities of Reaper? I didnt really see all that much in the manual, though i could have over looked some stuff.

Mainly i will be recording solo acoustic fingerstyle guitar, so i probably wont be taking advantage of all of Reapers routing options.

I need to try the demo as soon as i get a hardware interface. From what i have read it seems good. I decided to get away from Digidesign as i dont like that you have to use their software with their hardware.

anton
anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
Alistair S
Human being with feelings

Yes, you can drop in markers during playback.. just press M.

Documentation relies on people writing it, and with the speed of development, not everything is documented.

I would suggest just trying it out to create a project, and asking here if you can't see how to do something for now.

The videos and wiki are worth a look also.. see sticky threads above.
Alistair S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #3
Art Evans
Mortal

Apart from reading the regularly-updated manual, look at the list of keyboard shortcuts - these summarise much of what the program will do. Also, some features have tooltips. Then check through the menus and their resulting dialogs, and left click and right click on everything to see what happens. Finally, if there is a feature you hope is in there, just try doing whatever it is, in a logical way, and you may find that it's there!
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote