Old 05-22-2019, 01:40 AM   #81
Judders
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I just went ahead and purchased Submarine after running the demo on a few things. I really like what it does for generating natural sub harmonics. It does a better job than LoAir and is a different animal entirely to Maxx Bass and R Bass. There's a lot more tweakability on this compared to LoAir which has been my go-to sub generator until now. It's pretty quick and easy to dial in good results too.

My discount code is in my FIRST POST for anyone who wants to grab something during the current sale.
I've heard people saying there's up to 20 ms of delay with the sub signal on Gearslutz. Is that something you've noticed?
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:18 AM   #82
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirk1701 View Post
I often make the rookie error of slapping compressors on everything cause it "sounds good." No it doesn't.
Idk man, I think it sounds pretty good if you slap this on everything, heheh. You don't have to compress to get some mojo.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:08 AM   #83
Dannii

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
I've heard people saying there's up to 20 ms of delay with the sub signal on Gearslutz. Is that something you've noticed?
I read about that too but I haven't noticed anything yet. I haven't tried it on individual instruments yet, just full mixes, but it does what I want in that capacity very effectively. I see it as a useful mastering tool in cases where the mix engineer may have been a little heavy handed with a HPF on the master or even on too many mix elements.
My initial tests were some personal remastering projects where I used it to fill out tracks on some of my favourite albums lacking in the lower octave or two. It worked really well on Jean-Michel Jarre's "Concerts in China" album which is a tremendous performance but seriously lacking in earth rattling sub frequencies that suit the genre so much. Most of his studio albums are very full in that respect but this album was lacking. Submarine really brought it to life in a way that sounds completely natural to me.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:09 AM   #84
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by sostenuto View Post
Cool dude !!! THX!
Youre welcome.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:12 AM   #85
Multibomber

Scheps Omni Channel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking good!!!!!!!
Multibomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:39 AM   #86
Judders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaDave View Post
I read about that too but I haven't noticed anything yet. I haven't tried it on individual instruments yet, just full mixes, but it does what I want in that capacity very effectively. I see it as a useful mastering tool in cases where the mix engineer may have been a little heavy handed with a HPF on the master or even on too many mix elements.
My initial tests were some personal remastering projects where I used it to fill out tracks on some of my favourite albums lacking in the lower octave or two. It worked really well on Jean-Michel Jarre's "Concerts in China" album which is a tremendous performance but seriously lacking in earth rattling sub frequencies that suit the genre so much. Most of his studio albums are very full in that respect but this album was lacking. Submarine really brought it to life in a way that sounds completely natural to me.
Cool, thanks for the reply.
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 12:59 AM   #87
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multibomber View Post
Scheps Omni Channel is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking good!!!!!!!
It is one of my favourite plugins. I'll have to share the vintage Neve presets I've created for it some time soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
Cool, thanks for the reply.
You're most welcome.