Old 12-07-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
rygoose
Human being with feelings

Default Lost beyond belief

I just got my first keyboard (Arturia Keylab Essentials 61), and have had a really hard time figuring out how to play my keyboard in DAWs. In Reaper, I've tried adding my keyboard in the MIDI section enabled and I've tried adding it as a control surface, adding a new track, selecting an FX, and arming the track to record but my keyboard will not play. Could anyone assist me in setting this up? I have tried several youtube guides and several DAWs but all I'm able to play in is Analog Lab 3. Thank you.
rygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
prom

Hi
This may help...looks like a possible solution for you.
Make sure that the KeyLab Essential is configured to use the Mackie Control Universal (MCU) protocol.
https://answers.bitwig.com/questions...tial-in-bitwig
Check it out.If it turns out it is nothing to do with that,get back to the forum and someone else will help you.
Good luck.
prom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #3
rygoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by prom View Post
Hi
This may help...looks like a possible solution for you.
Make sure that the KeyLab Essential is configured to use the Mackie Control Universal (MCU) protocol.
https://answers.bitwig.com/questions...tial-in-bitwig
Check it out.If it turns out it is nothing to do with that,get back to the forum and someone else will help you.
Good luck.
That led to me to the midi control center, realized that my firmware wasn't upgraded to due a faulty USB port on my computer not recognizing my keyboard. After changing USB ports, upgrading firmware, and changing fader to jump, works perfectly! THANK YOU.
rygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #4
OovooJaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygoose View Post
That led to me to the midi control center, realized that my firmware wasn't upgraded to due a faulty USB port on my computer not recognizing my keyboard. After changing USB ports, upgrading firmware, and changing fader to jump, works perfectly! THANK YOU.
Hello, nice to see I'm not alone. I still don't get it.
MIDI Control Center, where do I find it? Is it Arturia Software Center?
Also I have updated to Analog Lab 4 now AND switched ports but no signal from my Keylab Essentials in Reaper.

I have MIDIIN Arturia Keylab Essentials Enabled+Controls, so the device seems to be recognized by Reaper and I have my test track set to "All Channels MIDI Input".

But I see and hear no signal. I can start Analog Lab from inside Reaper, I just can't use it. No signal from Keylab inside Reaper.

Can use Analog Lab to play keyboard outside Reaper though.

I don't have Bitwig. Please don't tell me I need to get Bitwig. Is there a simple possibility to enable Mackie Protocol in Reaper?

Aside from that I was also thinking maybe it can be fixed with ReaControlMIDI? But I don't know much about that yet.

I also have an MPK Mini and it works, no matter what Input ID. But the Keylab Essentials doesn't in either Input ID.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Have found a USB Driver downloadable via Arturia Software Center. It works now

Last edited by OovooJaver; 08-18-2019 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Found the solution lulz
OovooJaver is offline   Reply With Quote