Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-08-2019, 11:04 AM   #1
Guitar1969
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper, Helix Native, and Alesis Q25 Controller not playing nice

So I have been trying to get the Q25 to send midi commands to Helix Native so I can control some things such as Bypassing effects, Snapshots etc. I am having partial success but cant seem to get there all the way.

My Q25 controller is set up and enabled in Reaper, ReaControlMIDI is seeing all the keypresses (such as first key is note 48. I have the Midi input on a separate track and then being sent to the audio/MIDI track that Native is on. In Native there is an icon when it sees a Midi note. Unfortunately it is not seeing the keypresses. It will only see when I move the Modulation wheel(CC1) on the keyboard or the Pitch wheel. All the rest are ignored. So it is seeing something but not most of the commands. In the Native track I have checked the Reaper Trim option for automation and tried to learn a command, and it does see all the midi note press there, but still not recognized in Native directly by the Midi In indicator.

Cant figure out why its only seeing the Pitch and Modulation wheels and not any other MIDI note (I made sure Native was not restricted on certain CC notes).

If any one can provide some guidance I would appreciate it.
Guitar1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 11:55 AM   #2
Regisfofo

Hi,
I don't know the Helix native, but if it only reacts to cc, you could you configure your controller to send cc message instead of midi notes. If your controller can't do that, you can transform midi notes in cc with some jsfx like the 'note to CC' available in reapack (if I remember correctly...).
Regisfofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
Guitar1969

Thanks for the help. I was able to get it working by using ReaLearn to reassign the note values to Midi CCs.
Guitar1969 is offline   Reply With Quote