Old 09-27-2015, 04:28 AM   #1
mykrobinson
Human being with feelings

Default Startup Issue

Running R5 on my recently built PC and it runs great except that in many cases, the first run crashes. Let me explain.

From a cold boot, if I open reaper with an existing project, it stalls. It just sits there not responding, and I have to terminate it in the task manager. After that, it opens fine with no issues noted unless I shut down the PC. Then I can duplicate it again.

It seems that it hangs loading EZ Drummer 2 in existing projects, but as I said, the same project will open fine after the one time failure. Not sure if it does that from a blank project, I'll have to test later today.

In the meantime, I'm looking for troubleshooting steps. What info do you need from me to be able to help?

Specs: i5 CPU, 16gb ram, 1tb HD, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Windows 10 Professional

Thanks
mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 05:42 AM   #2
innuendo

Looks like you already have the answer. Create a blank project, save it, quit Reaper, reboot, launch Reaper. If it works, try disabling plugins in the project you have the problem with. For instance, disable all the EZDrummer plugins, save, reboot, test. Until you find the plugin that causes this. It might well be that some authorization service associated with a certain plugin doesn't work correctly, in which case you can try uninstalling the plugin and the service and installing again, perhaps after making sure it is the most recent version.

Last edited by innuendo; 09-27-2015 at 11:37 AM.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:49 AM   #3
trevlyns

Strange - mine is doing exactly the same but with EZDrummer 1 - I'll also try that fix - thanks!

Website
trevlyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #4
innuendo

In case you can narrow it down to a certain plugin, and reinstalling the plugin with the accompanying software didn't help, and you don't have this problem with this plugin in another host - then we have a potential Reaper bug which should be reported in the "Bug reports" section.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 06:56 AM   #5
standay

I've had trouble with some 32 bit plugins on a 64 bit Reaper install. You might see if that's an issue.
standay is offline   Reply With Quote