Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 12-30-2019, 01:51 PM   #1
Jazzooka
Human being with feelings

Default Apply Take FX only (not track FX)?

Hi,

When doing multiple edits like removing pops, noises, rumble, squeaks, clicks etc... I often cut up the audio where those artefacts show up and then add Take FX to be applied right away to a new take of the cut item, as this saves up considerable cpu and removes the need for outside audio editor

The only option I see is to "Apply Track/Take FX To Item" from the right-click menu on the item

However that includes Track FX as well, which involves first deactivating them in order to have only the Take FX left

Any way to only apply take FX to an item (without the track FX, or pre-insert)?

Thanks

Best

Nico
Old 12-30-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
karbomusic

I usually just turn off the track FX, apply, turn back on... via the little on/off button that's part of the FX chain button.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:24 PM   #3
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I usually just turn off the track FX, apply, turn back on... via the little on/off button that's part of the FX chain button.
Thanks karbomusic - was about to edit the post saying exactly what you wrote - indeed that works,

Only when doing many edits in 40+ tracks it becomes easy to forget that step of deactivating the track fx

I wonder if it is possible to do pre-insert applying of the take fx?

Thanks

Nico
Old 12-30-2019, 03:31 PM   #4
karbomusic

Hi Jazzooka,

Will choosing "render items as new take" instead work? I'd test for you just not near my DAW at the moment. I know it renders the take fx and the resulting take doesn't contain the FX chain because it was rendered but not sure if it takes the track FX into account, seems like it shouldn't or it would be a redundant feature.
Old 01-03-2020, 10:51 AM   #5
Jazzooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Hi Jazzooka,

Will choosing "render items as new take" instead work? I'd test for you just not near my DAW at the moment. I know it renders the take fx and the resulting take doesn't contain the FX chain because it was rendered but not sure if it takes the track FX into account, seems like it shouldn't or it would be a redundant feature.
Hi karbomusic

Awesome, thank you! That is exactly what I was looking for; "render items as new take" bypasses the track fx

Best

Nico
Old 01-22-2020, 04:46 AM   #6
barrettisgold

If I am editing audio, such as dialogue, like you I will chop up into takes to apply processing to any offending sections.

I often use 'glue items' once I am happy with the result. It is destructive, i.e. doesn't keep the unprocessed take.

You can use it on just one item or multiple if you want to merge them.
barrettisgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #7
vdubreeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrettisgold View Post
If I am editing audio, such as dialogue, like you I will chop up into takes to apply processing to any offending sections.

I often use 'glue items' once I am happy with the result. It is destructive, i.e. doesn't keep the unprocessed take.

You can use it on just one item or multiple if you want to merge them.
Same here. Gluing includes take fx and not track fx. And though it is destructive you can always not delete the original.