Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 10-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #1
SkyF4ll
Human being with feelings

Default Drumforge plugin crashes Reaper all the time

Hello! I bought three versions of Drumforge VSTi plugins and all of them are crashes Reaper 6 Catalina/Big Sur version all the time. It happens during playback, during switching presets of samples library. Or if I perform editing of Midi items and next switching back to plugin interface and trying to switch presets or edit something. It just closing DAW application. (By the way other samplers like for example The Perfect Drums are crashing it self too but a bit rarely) Same thing in both MacOS and Windows 10. I even tried to run it on Different PC machines. No luck.
After spending several weeks writing emails to support of Drumforge and opened new tread here I bought one extra VSTi product which is described before and got almost same bug, started to figure out that problem could be in the gear way, and after I tried switching playback devices in Windows and changing playback driver for it I finally found answer by my self. I found several answers from many years ago here on forum and several somewhere in internet collect all information and here is result of it. The problem is with communication between Reaper DAW/or any other host application with my Sound Card which is Scarlet 2i4 2nd gen over ASIO driver on Windows or Class compliant driver on a Mac.

So as Result I can only make this process to happened a bit rarely. But it is gives me a good improvement.

And for Reaper DAW solution is following:
Go in Preferences -> Device - Uncheck all toolboxes.
In Buffering set all check boxes and in last section Allow live FX multiprocessing Set it On and Enter number of physical CPU cores.
Apply and have a fun.

Or just don't close plugin interface and keep it running in doc or task panel of Windows.

P.S.1: On windows you have to set buffer size at least 256 directly in driver settings.
On a Mac Before uncheck all in Device section you have to set similar amount of buffer to 256 and system will automatically rise it up to 512 after unchecking it in settings. That's it.
P.S.2: To be Clear, Drumforge support team made new updated version with partial loading of samples after my few bug reports. This is Good improvement of performance for old machines such as I have. Thanks.

Last edited by SkyF4ll; 11-18-2021 at 10:28 AM.
SkyF4ll is offline   Reply With Quote