Old 02-22-2024, 01:07 PM   #161
FeedTheCat
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfmc View Post
Thanx for this fantastic program.
How do I get it to stay with the media explorer? I am using the Repertips Explorer docked on the side. and every time I close Reaper, and then open it again, it is not there. when I run the action it shows up below the explorer like I left it.
I want it always to be there. Do I need to have it run on startup? If so, How can I do that? I guess what I would like it to do is become part of media explorer and have it show up in the same place every time. Is that possible?
thanx again.
Easiest way currently would be to set it as "SWS Global startup action". (google it, there should be plenty of explanations on how to use it).

I can potentially also add a "Run script on startup" menu option to the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subz View Post
Key lock is cool!

Have you thought about scale lock? So it snaps to the closest key in a scale?

Subz
Pitch slap suggested something similar a few posts ago. I've thought about it a bit but it's not a priority at this point.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:25 PM   #162
Subz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedTheCat View Post
Pitch slap suggested something similar a few posts ago. I've thought about it a bit but it's not a priority at this point.

Pitch Slap also has some great ideas!

lol

But, Alas, I'm being lazy!

This is already an amazing extension just because of the Rate, over pitch, option!

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 06:20 AM   #163
tfmc

Quote:
That would be an awesome addition to the script.
Thank you

I found out how to set "SWS Global startup action" and now it runs when I start Reaper, but when I Ctrl/Alt/X to hide the Media Explorer when I don't need it, and then when I try to bring it back, the Explorer shows up, but the MX Tuner is not there. I have to run the action again.

Last edited by tfmc; 02-23-2024 at 06:34 AM.
tfmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 07:19 AM   #164
FeedTheCat

Quote:
That would be an awesome addition to the script.
Thank you

I found out how to set "SWS Global startup action" and now it runs when I start Reaper, but when I Ctrl/Alt/X to hide the Media Explorer when I don't need it, and then when I try to bring it back, the Explorer shows up, but the MX Tuner is not there. I have to run the action again.
Hmm yeah, MX Tuner closes when the Media explorer closes. You could make a custom action like this:

Old 02-23-2024, 09:35 AM   #165
tfmc

Quote:
Hmm yeah, MX Tuner closes when the Media explorer closes. You could make a custom action like this:

I did that and it works like a charm!
Thanx!
It would still be a welcome addition to the script to be able to run on startup as an option in the script menu.
Old 02-25-2024, 06:24 AM   #166
tfmc

One more question.
Does the MX Tuner work with Midi files?
I know they would need a sound source, but is that something that could be done?
Thanx again
Old 02-25-2024, 06:56 AM   #167
FeedTheCat

Quote:
One more question.
Does the MX Tuner work with Midi files?
I know they would need a sound source, but is that something that could be done?
Thanx again
It does yes. If the pitch can not be detected via file name or metadata, MX Tuner detects the pitch of the lowest note in the MIDI file.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:19 AM   #168
tfmc

Quote:
It does yes. If the pitch can not be detected via file name or metadata, MX Tuner detects the pitch of the lowest note in the MIDI file.
Great!
Also, Is it possible to somehow set it up to use a sample file to play the MIDI notes in the file? Something simple like a piano sound? That would make auditioning the MIDI files a little more effective in determining which file you would want to use. Afterward, you could convert the MIDI file into audio so you can use the MX Tuner to its full capacity.
Just a thought.
Thanx again.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:36 AM   #169
FeedTheCat

Quote:
Great!
Also, Is it possible to somehow set it up to use a sample file to play the MIDI notes in the file? Something simple like a piano sound? That would make auditioning the MIDI files a little more effective in determining which file you would want to use. Afterward, you could convert the MIDI file into audio so you can use the MX Tuner to its full capacity.
Just a thought.
Thanx again.
You can preview MIDI files through a selected track (put your MIDI instrument on that track):

Old 02-25-2024, 12:50 PM   #170
Vonnegut

Quote:
Easiest way currently would be to set it as "SWS Global startup action". (google it, there should be plenty of explanations on how to use it).

Thanks for the Startup actions tip.
Works perfectly
Vonnegut is offline   Reply With Quote