Quote:
Originally Posted by zappsunzorn View Post
I was hoping you were using 8 inch floppies for your console automation \
haha - we have a whole stack of those,
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #42
Dannii
Human being with feelings

Location: Adelaide, South Australia (originally from Geelong)

Gwok, all these replies have me curious about your studio but I'm posting this from my iPhone and stupid Apple in their infinite(?) wisdom don't allow Flash. Doh!!!

I run REAPER pretty much exclusively in my studio now too. These days, it is primarily for AusDisciplies Band (my band) projects but I still do tracking, mixing and mastering for other clients too.
AusDisciples Band music can be downloaded for free from www.ausdisciplesband.com
Old 11-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #43
vicenzajay

Default Don't make over ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsproductions View Post
Now to all the studios that are using reaper commercially! Do you have your commercial licence
$20K a year with the studio...and won't until I can make this my full time endeavor (post military career).

So the discounted license works a treat for me.
vicenzajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:32 PM   #44
mtsproductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
$20K a year with the studio...and won't until I can make this my full time endeavor (post military career).

So the discounted license works a treat for me.
absolutely i was just wondering, same here
Old 11-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #45
siconova

Hi,

I'm working professionally in Paraguay, lot of native folk music, commercials music for radio and tv and actually working for some clients on germany.. Reaper for everything involved with audio recording, editing and mixing.. Reaper makes this task as easy as possible, but.. I got to tell the truth.. I'm still using my old Cubase SX3 for midi sequencing..

I'm waiting for Reaper v4 and test how it goes with midi..

Cheers
siconova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
gwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannii View Post
stupid Apple in their infinite(?) wisdom don't allow Flash. Doh!!!
i thought i heard somethin about flash support in the near future - who knows - beyond touchosc i dont pay much attention - though the flash thing is for sure lameness
Old 11-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #47
vicenzajay

Default Although...

Quote:
absolutely i was just wondering, same here
If Reaper only offered a single version at $225 - I would pay it

I certainly chime in from time to time on things that I think the program could (or should) do better - but I found my "home" in the DAW world with Reaper back in 2007, and unless something REALLY knocks it out of the park in a different way - I'm staying put.
vicenzajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:12 AM   #48
lowellben

thanks for sharing your stories everyone! Reaper is the best

Ben
Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 AM   #49
Riddler

Although not technically a studio, this example does count as pro usage; I read in PSNE a while back that the BBC were using REAPER to make multitrack recordings of live acts at UK festivals.

Tim.
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #50
planetnine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler View Post
Although not technically a studio, this example does count as pro usage; I read in PSNE a while back that the BBC were using REAPER to make multitrack recordings of live acts at UK festivals.

Tim.
Surround stems...

Quote:
All radio and main TV audio is in stereo. Surround sound stems are being recorded on to hard disk - either SADiE or REAPER - for 5.1 on the BBC HD channel and any later DVD releases or subsequent broadcasts. Dave Broomfield, OB engineering manager for radio OBs within BBC Radio Resources, Audio and Music, comments that this has been the method for the past three years, although there is was no prescribed way of doing 5.1 for Glastonbury to begin with.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #51
Kundalinguist

My cat introduced me to Reaper, and the convenience of eating mice.

For what it's worth:I USED to own a commercial studio (about 1500sq. ft, with lounge, kitchen and all the extras) and I see no great advantage in lumbering with 2" tape and constantly shuttling to cues over using digital recording in the box. And after 8 years of using other DAWs, I landed on Reaper because it is what the others should have been from the start. That means non-crashing and efficient in design and purpose. I'm happy with that.

Today, I am my best client.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #52
Hannes_F

Quote:
Now to all the studios that are using reaper commercially! Do you have your commercial licence
While I am still under 20 k currently with my studio work (but hopefully not for long any more) I felt it was time for a pro version of Reaper at some time ago.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 AM   #53
Dannii

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
i thought i heard somethin about flash support in the near future - who knows - beyond touchosc i dont pay much attention - though the flash thing is for sure lameness
Now that I'm back at my laptop, I see what everyone was commenting on Gwok. That looks like one VERY cool recording and mixing space.

I do believe I spotted some Roland V-Drums in there. Also, is that an Istanbul K series ride on the A-kit?

....and NICE desk! 24 working channels of SSL E series character is If I was nearby, I'd love to help you get the rest going (I have 25 years of experience in electronic design and engineering).
Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #54
Europanaut

Quote:

I do believe I spotted some Roland V-Drums in there. Also, is that an Istanbul K series ride on the A-kit?

And an Andromeda? Very cool.

Euro
Europanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #55
gwok

Quote:
If I was nearby, I'd love to help you get the rest going (I have 25 years of experience in electronic design and engineering).
ah - that'd be a blast - yes - a bit of a hike - if your ever thinking of taking that western canada vacation you've always been dreaming of though.............

ya my bro plays the drums, not sure but im fairly certain thats a Zildjan ride

and unfortunatly the andromeda is in dire need of some tech love, and is on the shelf atm

checkin your video Dannii, so cool - looks like you've got an awesome collection of sweet synths and other crazy stuff! really really cool

btw, twimc, im always open to experimenting, rinsing stuff through the board etc, depending on time etc

anyway - will post pix later of the CR with the new rack

Last edited by gwok; 11-17-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #56
Dannii

Quote:
ah - that'd be a blast - yes - a bit of a hike - if your ever thinking of taking that western canada vacation you've always been dreaming of though.............
That's tempting!!! Alas, I have much work to do here right now.
Quote:
ya my bro plays the drums, not sure but im fairly certain thats a Zildjan ride
Definitely a Zildjian. I'm more curious about whether it is an Istanbul K. Perhaps you can ask him next time.
Quote:
and unfortunatly the andromeda is in dire need of some tech love, and is on the shelf atm
Now that would be a fun project. I love working on analog synths and have customised most of mine (except the System 100 which is in original mint condition).
Quote:
checkin your video Dannii, so cool - looks like you've got an awesome collection of sweet synths and other crazy stuff! really really cool
It would be fun to combine your studio space and gear and some of my stuff. We could have a LOT of fun!!
I'll have to do a new video soon. I'm actually moving quite soon and am on the lookout for a much better space than I'm in now. My studio monitors really sound much nicer in a large space, especially the low end. I rebuilt them recently and designed my own crossovers and I can't wait to hear them in a decent room. They are FAR more accurate now but my room is somewhat less than ideal.
Here's a couple of pics of the updated arrangement. You can see the new crossovers (the black boxes) sitting on the bass cabs....

Quote:
btw, twimc, im always open to experimenting, rinsing stuff through the board etc, depending on time etc

anyway - will post pix later of the CR with the new rack
Can't wait to see that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AusDisciples_Studio-sml.jpg (62.9 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg AusDisciples_Studio_2-sml.jpg (57.6 KB, 396 views)