Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-25-2019, 09:28 AM   #1
Grinreap
Human being with feelings

Default Nektar Impact Not Showing In Control Surfaces

Just purchased a Nektar Impact LX25+.

I installed the software from Nektar’s website, but the Impact is not showing under ‘Control/OSC/Web’ in REAPER’s preferences. It DOES show up under MIDI Devices though... I am unable to complete the setup for the controller until I can get it to show up as a control surface and not just as a MIDI Device.

So this is preventing me from taking advantage of Nektar’s integretion with REAPER as I can’t use it as a control surface, only as a MIDI Device.

I am using Mac OSX Catalina, and the Impact shows up within my ‘Audio/MIDI Devices’ utility and my Mac recognizes it when I push buttons on the controller. So the issue is with REAPER.

Can anyone help? What do?
Grinreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
nait

I don't do Macs, but did you download the Reaper Integration Files zip off the Nektar website and install that? I'm pretty sure my LX25+ didn't fully work in Reaper + Windows 10 until I installed that. It exists for Catalina too.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinreap View Post
the Impact is not showing under ‘Control/OSC/Web’ in REAPER’s preferences.
This list is list of software implementations and not a list of hardware deices.

The list shows some entries that come with Reaper (supposedly these are what you see right now). It can be extended by Reaper by Reaper extensions (such as "CSI). But I am rather sure that nobody will ever provide a dedicated "Nektar" Reaper extension, and hence it never will be appear in this list. But "CSI" is a universal Reaper extension for such purpose that can be configured to support lots of different devices.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #4
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
But I am rather sure that nobody will ever provide a dedicated "Nektar" Reaper extension, and hence it never will be appear in this list.
Except Nektar does exactly that it just has to be installed properly - as the OP said, Nektar calls them integration files, not sure how that is done on Mac but on PC the DLL goes in the UserPlugins folder like any third-party extension should (reaper_csurf_PanoramaP6ReaperDAWControl64.dll for the P6 for example)...

@Grinreap:

Did you register and download the integration files?

Quote:
Nektar DAW Integration

If your DAW is supported with Nektar DAW integration software, you’ll need to first create a user account on our website and subsequently
register your product to then gain access to the downloadable files applicable to your product.

Start by creating a Nektar user account here: www.nektartech.com/registration

Next follow the instructions given to register your product and finally click on the “My Downloads” link to access your files.

IMPORTANT: Make sure to read the installation instructions in the PDF guide, included in the downloaded package, to ensure you don’t miss
an important step.

Last edited by karbomusic; 11-25-2019 at 03:06 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 02:52 PM   #5
grinder

I thought Nektar came with an installation software that will cover Reaper
I just use it as a keyboard hence I have never installed whats needed as a controller.
I think when I read all about it it mates with Reaper in all it is meant too, I may be wrong...

Grinder
grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #6
nait

Again, the software is the "Reaper Integration Files" I mentioned.. my device (LX25+ as well) lists in control surfaces. The only thing I've ever installed for mine was the Reaper Integration Files thing from the Nektar website. This also exists for Catalina, as mentioned earlier.

Go the www.nektartech.com click My Account, ensure you're selected for OSX Catalina, and you'll see it listed. That's definitely the only thing I installed, so can't see what else would be needed, but who knows with a Mac.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nektar.jpg (40.7 KB, 273 views)
File Type: jpg nektarsite.jpg (19.2 KB, 265 views)
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #7
Grinreap

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Except Nektar does exactly that it just has to be installed properly - as the OP said, Nektar calls them integration files, not sure how that is done on Mac but on PC the DLL goes in the UserPlugins folder like any third-party extension should (reaper_csurf_PanoramaP6ReaperDAWControl64.dll for the P6 for example)...

@Grinreap:

Did you register and download the integration files?

Yes I downloaded the files. Not sure what else to do! I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling as well. May have to contact Nektar.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:39 PM   #8
karbomusic

Any chance it could be related that new "must be anointed by Apple" issue?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:39 PM   #9
nait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinreap View Post
Yes I downloaded the files. Not sure what else to do! I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling as well. May have to contact Nektar.
And pardon me for asking, but did you follow all the instructions in that zip for installing it? If so, maybe you might have to try and wipe all trace of it, and go through the process again. This was really all I did to get it working in Reaper on Windows 10. I wouldn't think there would be more to it on Mac, but I'm not sure. I haven't actually looked at the install steps for Mac, but it's included in that zip file.

Edit: Also, just saw Karbo's post before mine, and that's maybe a thought too.. not certified yet, or whatever. Although their file does say it should work for Catalina, so who knows. But I don't know if the certification problem happened sometime after Catalina was first released or right at the beginning. Maybe a call to Nektar, if uninstall/reinstall doesn't do it. .
Old 11-25-2019, 04:20 PM   #10
gmgmgm

Whether you're using a standard or portable Reaper install is probably relevant. I don't know about Mac, but on Windows you have to manually move the required Nektar files if you're using a portable install.
gmgmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #11
karbomusic

The certification issue is only a few weeks old I thought FYI.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:33 PM   #12
nait

Quote:
The certification issue is only a few weeks old I thought FYI.
Ok could be right.. if so, maybe that did break their integration files then
Old 11-26-2019, 12:13 AM   #13
mschnell

Quote:
Except Nektar does exactly that
Amazing !

Reaper seems to be that much accepted in the industry that 3rd parties create dedicated Reaper extensions to come with their products.

This is great news !

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:27 AM   #14
Not_Here

My LX25+ and win10 pro was an easy install with a few steps. I followed mfg instructions step by step. That was just 30 days ago, integrates nicely indeed with Reaper.

I have yet to install on my Mac. Hopefully I will learn a little here before I attempt it.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:31 AM   #15
Grinreap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
And pardon me for asking, but did you follow all the instructions in that zip for installing it? If so, maybe you might have to try and wipe all trace of it, and go through the process again. This was really all I did to get it working in Reaper on Windows 10. I wouldn't think there would be more to it on Mac, but I'm not sure. I haven't actually looked at the install steps for Mac, but it's included in that zip file.

Edit: Also, just saw Karbo's post before mine, and that's maybe a thought too.. not certified yet, or whatever. Although their file does say it should work for Catalina, so who knows. But I don't know if the certification problem happened sometime after Catalina was first released or right at the beginning. Maybe a call to Nektar, if uninstall/reinstall doesn't do it. .

I have tried uninstalling everything and then reinstalling and that did not work. Initially, I tried installing the zip files under Mac OS 11 and then I updated to Catalina in an attempt to fix the issue. Did not work. I contacted Nektar Support and they advised that it might be an issue with not installing under an Admin Account. I will try doing that once I get home.

This is all really strange because I also have a Nektar Panorama P1 and I didn’t have any of these issues setting that up.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:08 AM   #16
georgemickel

I had a difficult issue installing, my Nektar Impact LX61+ much like you've mentioned. It needed to be turned off and then plugged into an available usb port directly into my Windows pc, not the powered hub I was using. I don't know if you've tried this. I'm not a Mac user. I wish you luck.
georgemickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #17
GlowTone

Grinreap - wondering if you solved your installation issue yet with your Nektar Impact LX25?

Have been having similiar issues with my Nektar Panorama P1 which I've posted here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229787

I know we have different devices and OS, but just curious how (or if!) you have worked things out.
GlowTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 09:33 PM   #18
OhTheFuture

Default SAME w GX49

I to am having the same issue on Windows 10 except the controller I have is the GX49. Currently in communications with support but what I see is that the .dll files include the Impact 61, 49, etc... and SE49 but there is NO Gx49 labeld .dll file in their zip download.

Support told me to switch the OSC/conterol surface from "SE49" (the closest option to GX49) but again NONE of the .dll files even have the words "GX49", but every other controller they make has a .dll file.

I am also on a portable install but they have directions for that set up and still.....nothing. Works perfect as a midi controlled instrument; meaning, it is recognized as a midi controller but it wont "play" and "record" and all those other not-having-to-reach-for-the-mouse things.

Hoping to figure this out soon and will include any findings here in the community!
OhTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:16 PM   #19
Markrs

Default Had the same problem....

...I fixed the problem by going to the userplugin area the reaper would have used if it had not been a portable install. This is where the OSC dll files for the Panorama T4 had gone. On my system that was C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins I copied all these files and pasted them into D:\Portable Apps\Reaper\UserPlugins where my portable Reaper is installed.

Not sure if that helps anyone or not.

EDIT: I should say I had Reaper previously fully installed so those directories might have been there from before (I had uninstalled Reaper before using the portable verison). TO find out where Nektar had install the OSC control dll I installed Panorama_T4_T6_Reaper_Support_Win_1.0.2.exe again but selected "show details" as it was installing. I Could then go through the dialog and see where the files were installed. This information it right at the beginning of the install, so just scroll all the way to the top to find the answer to where the files are.
Markrs is offline   Reply With Quote