Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 06-13-2020, 03:20 PM   #1
rdesanti
Human being with feelings

Default ISSUE: Both screens on one display

Latest Version 6.11 on a MAC Catalina system. 10.15.5
Upon executing reaper V6, it comes up but both the editing AND mix screen is placed on one 1 display. One behind the other. I have to move the editing screen to the other display. (I use 2 displays)While this is really NOT a big deal, the situation could be fixed by a code fix OR a preference change. So what I am asking is does ANYONE know the resolve for this? .....
BTW 612S has more problems than ever? However what fixes this in 6.11 may also fix v612
RESOLVED TEMPORARILY: SEE BELOW:...
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.

Last edited by rdesanti; 07-09-2020 at 02:35 PM. Reason: No responses!
rdesanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
rdesanti

Default NO REPLY?

So nobody has the above issue in the Catalina version? So is this a preference issue I may have missed????
--Mac Mini, 3 GHz 2 core i7 CPU, 16GB RAM, OSX Catalina V10.15.7 Crucial 1TB primary SSD, 500GB Samsung T5 SSD ext Audio drive,dual 27" displays, Reaper 64 bit latest, SSL 2+ interface, Mackie MR8 Mk 3 8" Monitors and Mackie VLZ 1404 mixer. 30 years in Audio.
Old 06-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #3
Justin
Administrator

Try watching this video: http://reaper.fm/videos.php#e3sVPiruiUM

Maybe it will help? Anyway you can freely reposition the various windows, perhaps you can make some screenshots and we can help you figure out how you want things?

Last edited by Justin; 06-26-2020 at 02:17 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
rdesanti

Default Still at odds

I'll try to explain this again. When opening a project in Reaper version 5 or less, I can position the edit screen on a second display (for me on the rt display) while keeping the Mixer on the LEFT display. Then work my project and save it. THEN When I come back to a project, the edit screen automatically shows up on the right display and the mixer on the left display.
NOW, in V6, both edit and mix screens are on the left display. With the edit screen UNDER the mix window. I can fix this 2 ways. Go to the edit window, and drag it to the right display. OR go to the Window tab, and tell it to go to my 2nd display. Dragging is a bit faster. However this happens on ALL saved projects and new projects now. In V5 When I opened a project new or old, the edit and mix windows were always L+R displays without having to do anything.
I think it's a bug as the v6 version imports the configuration automatically when updating. I just can't believe no body has this issue. I'm on a MAC MINI Catalina OS. Since on this post I am for some reason unable to add a pic, I will add it on a reply to my own post here Below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reaper issue Screen Shot 2020-06-28 640.jpg (12.6 KB, 192 views)

Last edited by rdesanti; 06-29-2020 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Add a picture
Old 06-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #5
EpicSounds

in preferences, general, advanced UI

Try some of the window position options
Old 07-07-2020, 06:31 AM   #6
Justin
Administrator

Do you mean the window gets repositioned when starting REAPER, or when loading a project?

E.g. follow these steps and answer the questions:

1) If you launch REAPER, put the windows where you want them, then create a new project (Cmd+N), do the window positions reset to one monitor?

2) If you load your project again (without quitting REAPER, just by going to file->open), do the window positions reset then?

3) If you exit REAPER, and relaunch REAPER, do the windows positions reset then?
Old 07-07-2020, 11:14 AM   #7
Justin
Administrator

I managed to duplicate this on Catalina.

If you launch REAPER from Finder, it opens correctly, with the windows that were left on the secondary display where they were.

If you launch REAPER from the Dock or from Spotlight, it opens with all windows on the primary display.

As a temporary workaround, you can save a screenset with the windows how you like (e.g. hit Shift+F7), then after launching, hit F7 to reposition the windows.

I'm looking to see if I'm able to fix, but it feels an awful lot like an OS-level Catalina bug...
Old 07-07-2020, 04:04 PM   #8
rdesanti

Default Justin's advise - results

Thank Justin!BTW I LOVE REAPER and have been with it since V4!
OKAY, So I did what you said Shift F7 + F7 and saved as 2 screens. Saved project. Quit, went back into it via docker. Same result!
However! I made an alias on the desktop, and like executing from finder, works perfect! The docker still does same thing. Perhaps I'm not doing screensets right. Newbie on that one. I am an experienced Reaper user and everything I use on it has been customized to my liking. I am with you in believing it's a Catalina OS issue. I also use Harrison Mixbus 32C for mastering.
Here's the link for the fix below. Perhaps you guys can collaborate on the fix?
Harrison Mixbus 32C and had a similar issue.
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/f....html#pid49543
Here's the admin's link: Send Ben@Harrison an email.
forum_admin@harrisonconsoles.com
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/f...ion=send&uid=3

Anyhow, I'll just run the alias finder link on the desktop for the time being. I'm sure the genius that you are, you'll get this fixed in Reaper fashion!
THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS AWESOME DAW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LAP Dual Screens.jpg (44.2 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by rdesanti; 07-07-2020 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Forgot a link.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:40 PM   #9
Justin
Administrator

If you hit Shift+F7, it saves the window positions. If you hit F7, it will load them again. So if you save (Shift+F7) with the windows where you want, if you re-launch REAPER and the windows are not where you want, hit F7 and it will load those positions.

I don't think that MixBus fix would help, it is Windows related too? I'm going to experiment with possible Catalina fixes, but for now launching via Finder or using that screenset-load command would be the way to go, I would think.
Old 07-07-2020, 04:55 PM   #10
rdesanti

Default Screen fix

Thank you sir! I will do all the above!
Old 07-07-2020, 05:38 PM   #11
rdesanti

Default Justin's fix WORKS!

Once I saved it. When I go back into Reaper from Docker and hit F7, both screens go L+R!. I also made an alias link on my desktop which does the same thing w/o F7 ... THANKS YOU JUSTIN!
Old 07-09-2020, 10:32 AM   #12
jimbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdesanti View Post
Thank Justin!BTW I LOVE REAPER and have been with it since V4!
OKAY, So I did what you said Shift F7 + F7 and saved as 2 screens. Saved project. Quit, went back into it via docker. Same result!
However! I made an alias on the desktop, and like executing from finder, works perfect! The docker still does same thing. Perhaps I'm not doing screensets right. Newbie on that one. I am an experienced Reaper user and everything I use on it has been customized to my liking. I am with you in believing it's a Catalina OS issue. I also use Harrison Mixbus 32C for mastering.
Here's the link for the fix below. Perhaps you guys can collaborate on the fix?
Harrison Mixbus 32C and had a similar issue.
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/f....html#pid49543
https://prohighgrades.com/professional-essay-writers
Here's the admin's link: Send Ben@Harrison an email.
forum_admin@harrisonconsoles.com
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/f...ion=send&uid=3

Anyhow, I'll just run the alias finder link on the desktop for the time being. I'm sure the genius that you are, you'll get this fixed in Reaper fashion!
THANKS AGAIN FOR THIS AWESOME DAW!
So, this issue is fixed? Do you need any help right now?

Last edited by jimbaker; 07-13-2020 at 03:08 AM.
jimbaker is offline   Reply With Quote