Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 03-31-2021, 08:52 AM   #1
tingshuo
Human being with feelings

Default Phoenixverb - crashing Reaper after backing up

Exponential Audio Phoenix Verb is crashing Reaper every time after I messed up a project backup. I would love assistance getting the plugin functioning again as I have some important projects with it deeply integrated.

OSX 10.13.6
Mid-2012 Macbook Pro, 2.6GHz Intel Core i7, 15inch mid-2012

I was creating an archive backup of a project using 'Save as' & 'Copy media'. Unfortunately I was careless and forgot a few very large video files. When Reaper copied these it ran out of disk space on the drive I was writing to (which is also the system drive, APFS formatted SSD). I clicked through a number of pop-ups alerting me to the drive being full and that the process couldn't complete.

After closing reaper and deleting the partially created backup, I attempted to re-open the original project file. Reaper crashed every time. I traced this to the Phoenixverb plugin by looking at the crash report (I think I was using the AU version of the plugin). Indeed, uninstalling Phoenixverb allows the original project to open successfully.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both Phoenixverb and Reaper in hope of getting the plugin back up and running. But the plugin is still crashing Reaper every time.

I have never had a problem with this plugin prior to my careless backup attempt and I use it in almost every project. I really need to get it back...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Crash report attached.

Thanks very much.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Phoenixverb Reaper 20210331 shortened.pdf (34.6 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by tingshuo; 04-01-2021 at 07:10 AM. Reason: added crash report
tingshuo is offline   Reply With Quote