Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 AM   #1
mikeg
Human being with feelings

Default SF9a Install problems!!!!!

I'm a long time Sound Forge user and was interested to see the 9a update. But the thing won't install! Even though I am logged on as administrator its still falls over telling me I'm not. Stranger still the trial version installs no problem. Me thinks Sony have screwed up big time here. I'm using plain old XP pro (Sp2) and get the same result on three machines, and yes I have admin rights on all of them. I'm impressed with the demo but I'd like to use it for more than 30 days. Sony support are baffled by the way, no suprize there!

Anyone else had this problem, before I ask for my $99 back and go back to version 8.

Mike
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
ChrisADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
I'm a long time Sound Forge user and was interested to see the 9a update. But the thing won't install! Even though I am logged on as administrator its still falls over telling me I'm not. Stranger still the trial version installs no problem. Me thinks Sony have screwed up big time here. I'm using plain old XP pro (Sp2) and get the same result on three machines, and yes I have admin rights on all of them. I'm impressed with the demo but I'd like to use it for more than 30 days. Sony support are baffled by the way, no suprize there!

Anyone else had this problem, before I ask for my $99 back and go back to version 8.

Mike

Hi Mike,
Sounds to me almost like you ahve a probelm with you account permissions. You might try creating a 2nd admin user acct and log on with that and see if the progrma installs.

Chris
(859) 635-5762
www.adkproaudio.com
chrisl@adkproaudio.com
ChrisADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #3
mikeg

Default SF9a Install problems

Sony have now issued a new installer, that actually installs! No words of apology or compensation for my time wasted. maybe I'll go back to Audition?
mikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
ChrisADK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg View Post
Sony have now issued a new installer, that actually installs! No words of apology or compensation for my time wasted. maybe I'll go back to Audition?
HI Mike,
Well glad they sort of fixed it. Personally if were looking to go to a different program it would be Wavelab. They actually have a cross grade that makes it quite affordable.
I've never liked Auditions work flow compared to sound forge or wavelab.

Chris
(859) 635-5762
www.adkproaudio.com
chrisl@adkproaudio.com
ChrisADK is offline   Reply With Quote