Old 10-07-2015, 07:46 AM   #1
sas300
Human being with feelings

Question Control Reaper with Midi-Floorboard and switch Patches

Hi!
I would appreciate some help with my live-setup (Midi/ Loop-playback from Reaper / switching Patches an my Zoom G3)

Setup:
12 button Midi-Footcontroller that can send PC or Midi-Notes on a chosen channel > Reaper running on a laptop (playback audio) > Zoom G3 guitar multi-fx.

So far:
I´d like to switch patches on the G3 with buttons 1-5 (accepts Program changes) and start/stop loop-playback in Reaper with buttons 6-9.

Right now I filter/and convert the PC-messages with "insert piz" multiProgramChange vst as an Input-FX. That enables me to switch Patches on the G3 with Buttons 1-5. Buttons 6-7 trigger Custom Actions that Select a predefined region in Reaper and toggles play.

The configuration works so far but is kind of complex and unfortunately the piz midi vst doesnt recall the settings on project load... I have to load the Preset-bank manually.

Question:
Im a Midi noob and dont know much about PCs, CCs and stuff - perhaps someone has a Repaer-only solution that is more practical for live scenarios?
Right now Im digging into SWS Live Configs but the question remains wether to go with Program Changes or Note On/Offs in the first place.

Thanks and regards, sas
Old 10-08-2015, 03:45 AM   #2
sas300

Default to be more precise:

I have some custom actions bound to PC-messages 6-9 on Midi Channel 16 that control loop selection and playback in Reaper - that works.
I am also able to switch project tabs to jump through the setlist.

To access the different patches on my Zoom G3 I have the insert piz midiMultiProgramChange Plugin that converts i.e. a PC 2 on Channel 16 to PC 15 on Channel 2 (see attached screenshot). That way I have access to all 127 G3-Patches but remain on Patchgroup 1-8 on the Pedalboard.

Problem is that I can save this settings to a .fxb-file but Reaper/the Plugin doesnt recall the configuration when the project is initially loaded.

I know that could be a glitch in the pizmidi-plugin but perhaps someone could point me to an alternative solution without the hassle to manually load up the bank/patch files for each song?

THX and regards, sas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reaperscreen.jpg (52.1 KB, 316 views)
Old 10-15-2015, 03:26 AM   #3
fundorin
Banned

Did you tried to save track with piz plugin as track template?
When you load this template, it should load your settings too.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:08 AM   #4
sas300

Hi!

Thank you for your input and sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I tried to save it as track template - doesnt matter. I think it is a glitch in the plugin. Nevertheless I succeeded to accomplish the task with the piz midi converter, which loads the presets when the projects opens.

br, sas
Old 10-17-2015, 05:05 PM   #5
fundorin
Banned

Bome's Midi Translator might be an option, but it's not Reaper-only.
The other one is Bidule and it can bs standalone or VST.
fundorin is offline   Reply With Quote