Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-14-2013, 04:43 PM   #1
gigante
Human being with feelings

Default prompting reaper to send track name/number out via OSC

So I have managed to cobble together a pretty basic transport controller using a Teensy 3 and pure data (thanks to Banned for the kick start on that one!)

Basically I have the Teensy as a midi device and use pure data to interpret the OSC feedback from Reaper, convert it to Control Changes and send it on to the Arduino.
That's all working fine. But now I want to expand. I want to add an LCD and rec arm, solo and mute and track select to my transport controller. so that it can control those items on a selected track. Make sense?

I'm using two buttons mapped to select next and previous track, that's working ok. What I can't work out is how to prompt Reaper in order for it to send out the track name or number via OSC. I would have thought the track name would be sent once it was selected but it doesn't appear to work that way.

So I'm looking for help, does anyone know how to get Reaper to send out the currently selected track name/number via OSC?

Thanks!
gigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #2
dusanmsk
Human being with feelings

You need to tell Reaper if your osc "device" handles track selection itself or follows reaper mixer.

Use at beggining of your session:

/device/track/follows/mixer

Then whenever track is selected, reaper sends info about that track.

Alternatively you should use /device/track/select/X message to select track "at device side" and receive info about that track without changing selection in reaper.
dusanmsk is offline   Reply With Quote