Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 12-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
jgreeson
Human being with feelings

Default Shortcircuit and Reaper Midi CC Volume control issue

I have just started using Shortcircuit (v. 1.1.2) with Reaper and I like it. But, I can't figure out how to control the volume using the usual Midi CC 7 or 11 or anyother CC. It doesn't seem that Shortcircuit is recognizing any Midi CC data coming from the Reaper Midi Track.

I've tried setting the Modulation Routing area of shortcircuit but it doesn't seem to affect anything. What I think I want is for Midi CC 7 to vary the Output amplitude in shortcircuit.

Any suggestions
jgreeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #2
V'ger
Human being with feelings

It doesn't support MIDI learn per se, but it does support DAW automation and then you can hook up MIDI onto that.

Here's what you have to do:

In the modulation routing (for example slot 1), set the left slot to for example auto00, and the right slot to amplitude. Crank the middle slot up to whatever dB you want (let's say +25dB).

Now, in the Reaper FX window, click the button called Param, then FX parameter list - Learn - auto00. A window will pop up where you can set the MIDI CC learn by turning the knob/slider.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote