Old 02-11-2020, 12:55 AM   #1
1031ked
Human being with feelings

Default Waves Sound 1850 Pipe Organ

Can't seem to get this working. Got it unzipped and installed under Reaper > Plugins > FX. I know I'm not supposed to have my third party VST's here but I can't get it to work the right way (but that's a whole nother thread). Everything else works there, but I can't get this and also Bitsonic Keystone Classic piano to work there either.
1031ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 02:39 AM   #2
ivansc

First off, where do you have the piano installed? Also in the reaper fx folder?
If so, job 1 is to uninstall both of them & then do it again in a proper location, like for example make a folder in C:/Program Files (assuming you are using Windows 64bit) called VST Plugins and install the two plugins there.

Once you have them installed again, open up Reaper & see if they show up. If not go to the Options/Preferences/Plugins VST page and do a clear/rescan.
If this doesnt work get back to us.

Oh and welcome to the forums! If you didnt already, go to reaper.fm and download the free User Guide, plus check out the excellent free video tutorials there, too.

Both the above will help you a LOT.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:13 AM   #3
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1031ked View Post
Can't seem to get this working. Got it unzipped and installed under Reaper > Plugins > FX. I know I'm not supposed to have my third party VST's here but I can't get it to work the right way (but that's a whole nother thread). Everything else works there, but I can't get this and also Bitsonic Keystone Classic piano to work there either.
1850 is a Kontakt library isn't it, is Kontakt seeing it? What version of Kontakt are you using? Do your other Kontakt instruments work ok and are they in the same location?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:56 AM   #4
ivansc

He`s right. Plus since that waves sound library is free, it likely will only work in demo mode unless you guy the full version of Kontakt.

You used to be able to download a free drummic`a library & get a cheap upgrade price on Kontakt full, but they dumped that recently. Hopefully there are alternate ways of getting Kontakt full at reudced prices, other than their two annual 50% off sales. Me? I would be looking for another Pipe Organ freebie that doesn't used Kontakt.

This one is 32bit but it IS free... http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=622

Also http://www.virtualorgancompany.com/v...freetrials.asp
Old 02-11-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
1031ked

Thank you both for the response. I uninstalled it and am waiting for the email with the download link to reinstall. Idk if its going to come again. I did get everything else to work on another VST installation folder though. And yes it is Kontakt and that's the only VST I have from them. I'm not sure what version I'm using. https://www.wavesfactory.com/product...pe-organ-free/ maybe that will help. But what I understand from you IVANSC is that it won't work unless I pay for Kontatk or the whole pipe organ? Also when are these %50 off sale?
Old 02-12-2020, 02:45 AM   #6
ivansc

Quote:
Thank you both for the response. I uninstalled it and am waiting for the email with the download link to reinstall. Idk if its going to come again. I did get everything else to work on another VST installation folder though. And yes it is Kontakt and that's the only VST I have from them. I'm not sure what version I'm using. https://www.wavesfactory.com/product...pe-organ-free/ maybe that will help. But what I understand from you IVANSC is that it won't work unless I pay for Kontatk or the whole pipe organ? Also when are these %50 off sale?
To clarify, it WILL work in Kontakt Player version, but only in demo mode, which means that Kontakt Player will cut off the sound from the organ roughtly every 30 seconds.
And just so you know, that plugin did NOT come from N.I. themselves, and as such is regarded as a third party instrument. Third party developers can register their products with N.I. and Kontakt then sees them as a proper Kontant library, but the cost of registering with N.I. as a developer is prohibitively expensive for most small developers.

To make this totally clear, Kontakt is essentially just a sampler, albeit a very sophisticated one. UVI is another company that does similar stuff & their business model is pretty much the same as N.I.s, with all the same attendant problems, sadly. I have both but because UVI`s own libraries are pretty expensive for what they offer, I have a limited number of instruments, but the ones I have are pretty good.

The 50% off sales are usually in mid summer and again around Black Friday time.

Did you try using either of the alternatives I suggested? Both are free.
Old 02-12-2020, 02:57 AM   #7
domzy

Quote:
just to re-iterate, this organ is NOT a VSTi it is a Kontakt instrument.
It sounds to me like you don't have Kontakt?
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 01:09 AM   #8
1031ked

No I do not have Kontack. And yes I tried the free pipe organs, I don't think they sounded as good but thanks anyway. I'll have to look up how much everything is but I probably won't buy anything. You guys are awesome thank you so much!
Old 02-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #9
Goldreap

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post

You used to be able to download a free drummic`a library & get a cheap upgrade price on Kontakt full, but they dumped that recently. Hopefully there are alternate ways of getting Kontakt full at reudced prices, other than their two annual 50% off sales........
Embertone's Arcane (which is free) qualifies for the crossgrade price to kontakt 6 full version.
Sometimes (not always) their 50% sales apply to crossgrades prices as well.
Goldreap is offline   Reply With Quote