Old 04-28-2018, 06:44 PM   #1641
FnA
Human being with feelings

Hi cool. I rearranged it a small amount to get it closer to what you want, but it sounds like script was a compromise? If you want different priorities, and can't get it yourself, try to phrase a new pseudo code question.

Lua provides the following relational operators:
Code:
<   >   <=  >=  ==  ~=
All these operators always result in true or false.

You can use and,or,not in comparisons. Or you can nest "ifs" to an even greater depth than is present in the script you posted.
Code:
if (A > 0) and (not(B < A)) then
  if C ~= D then
    if (E > F) or (G <= H) then
etc...
That's not all there is to the discussion or anything, but enough to phrase your request, hopefully. Some things in Reaper can't be queried for a value...

You see the difference in using GetSet_LoopTimeRange()? The TWO values returned may be at the same time position and not at 0 if you snap the ends together with the mouse for example.

I use GetCursorContext2(). It tries to return most recent value if something other than track/item/envelope has focus. 0 for track, 1 for items, 2 for envelope.

Don't use NamedCommandLookup() for native REAPER actions.

Code:
-- cool.lua

start, ending = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
--focus = reaper.GetCursorContext()
focus = reaper.GetCursorContext2(true) -- unlikely to get unknown(-1) when arrange not focused

if start == ending then
  reaper.Main_OnCommand(40697, 0)
else
  if focus == 1 then
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40312, 0)
  elseif focus == 2 then
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40089, 0)
  else -- alternatively -- elseif focus == 0 then
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40005, 0) -- remove tracks
  end
end
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:26 AM   #1642
X-Raym

@Vampire TNA

The script Script: Move Selected Tracks to the Bottom.lua already exists, I don't remember how made it though, cause there is no signature anywher ein the code or filename. You have to google it ;O

It is not be as efficient than a direct mod of the original script but as long as it works ok... :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:37 AM   #1643
X-Raym

Quick mod, just released X-Raym_Move selected tracks down to the bottom on visible track list.lua in my free script pack.
Works great when there is no track hierarchy :P Use it ostly on parent tracks only. On childtracks, you may need to fix hierarchy after, but still take less time than manual drag and drop.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:56 AM   #1644
Vampire TNA

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
cause there is no signature anywher ein the code or filename. You have to google it ;O
I spent hours searching for it. Once you said there was no signature i found it in a minute here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=15
It moves the last of selected tracks to the bottom and moves the other selected tracks by the same amount.

Quote:
Quick mod, just released X-Raym_Move selected tracks down to the bottom on visible track list.lua in my free script pack.
Works great when there is no track hierarchy :P Use it ostly on parent tracks only. On childtracks, you may need to fix hierarchy after, but still take less time than manual drag and drop.
Now, that was quick!!! And more than i asked for! Thanks a million X-Raym
Vampire TNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:26 AM   #1645
X-Raym

Quote:
Now, that was quick!!!
Yep, that's because the script isn't error free :P I mean, it can output wierd results with complex track selection.

But for 90% of the case, it will be just fine !

Glad it helps :P
Old 04-29-2018, 07:05 AM   #1646
cool

Thank you, FnA! This is very useful for me. Your script works as it should and it's very cool! But there is a only one inconvenience - remove of items and automation points does not work during any active selection of area.
I made a screenshot for clarity.
A scenario is shown when the deletion script does not work: i can not delete selected items and/or points outside the selection boundary. When there is no selected area, any deletion with script works as it should.

I tried to find a command(s) that would check the selection status so that if there are no items within the selection, you could execute another command. But I could not find a solution for this. I guess it's more complicated than simple operations in one or two commands.
Or maybe there is a simpler and more elegant solution for this?

cool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #1647
FnA

1. What is highest consideration: context or time selection?

2. What about automation items?

(Reaper smart cut removes tracks if focused. It also cuts automation items rather than points within them, even if AI is not selected. I realize you want to avoid Cut, because of clipboard.)

edit below:

I think I understand what you want.
not a real script...
Code:
if context == track:
  delete all selected tracks
if context == item:
  if any part of selected items are within time selection:
    delete only selected parts/entire items, which are inside time selection
  else:
    delete all selected items
if context == envelope:
  if any selected points are within time selection: 
    delete only selected points inside time selection
  else:
    delete all selected points
I see there are actions in SWS:
SWS/AW: Remove tracks/items/env, obeying time selection and leaving children
SWS: Remove items/tracks/env, (obey time selection)

but they don't seem to work? They were made before AI, but they don't work even without any AI on envelopes or with items either... I have no idea how to begin with AI. I probably could make something, with labor, for items and envelopes without AI, but I suppose the SWS actions might be updated instead. I see a thread:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=199187
that maybe gives a clue about the complex state of the matter.

Not really finding any other actions. So, I hand it over to more advanced coders.

Last edited by FnA; 04-29-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #1648
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
1. What is highest consideration: context or time selection?

2. What about automation items?
1. On screenshot - context.

2. Automation Items can be ignored. This is convenient in the workflow

Quote:
(Reaper smart cut removes tracks if focused. It also cuts automation items rather than points within them, even if AI is not selected. I realize you want to avoid Cut, because of clipboard.)

edit below:

I think I understand what you want.
not a real script...
Yes, you fully understood the problem. As an alternative, I considered a function that cleans the clipboard after each use of the Cut... action. But I could not find her either.

This "code" is what i need, it remains to find the command for "any part of selected items are within time selection" and its analog for envelopes...

Quote:
I see there are actions in SWS:
SWS/AW: Remove tracks/items/env, obeying time selection and leaving children
SWS: Remove items/tracks/env, (obey time selection)
but they don't seem to work?
Yes, do not work. This actions are not able to delete the selected area, they delete the items completely.

It's amazing that "Edit: Cut items / tracks / envelope points (depending on focus) within time selection, if any (smart cut)" works fine and flawlessly responds to the context and selection.
I will try to write in the Feature Requests. Chance is small (while 100% of my queries in fr have been ignored, lol), but one small modification of "Remove items / tracks / envelope points (depending on focus)" completely solves my problem without running scripts and programming.

In any case - thank you very much for your help! At this phase, if all other methods do not help me, I'll stay with your script.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:36 PM   #1649
FnA

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
As an alternative, I considered a function that cleans the clipboard after each use of the Cut... action. But I could not find her either.
cfillion recently introduced Get and Set Clipboard functions. I thought that might be an option, but don't really understand all about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
This "code" is what i need, it remains to find the command for "any part of selected items are within time selection" and its analog for envelopes...
It is fairly straight forward for items, I think (for someone somewhat familiar with scripting). Envelope may present some difficulties. But I think those SWS actions are not working as they should, and it bothers me to think about potentially struggling with a workaround for that.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:09 PM   #1650
cool

Ha! It's hard to believe, but I think I completely solved my problem! At least the first tests were excellent!

I combined several solutions - a successful "remove" action and additional commands to solve their requests. Perhaps this does not look correct from the programmer's point of view, but .... it works!
The script has one drawback. With any selection of the area, the automation items are not deleted. But this is a trifle, in my workflow I can ignore it without much trouble.

FnA, James HE, guys, thank you very much for your help! This is priceless for me!

Final code:

Code:
start, ending = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange( 0, 0, 0, 0, 0 )
--focus = reaper.GetCursorContext()
focus = reaper.GetCursorContext2(true) -- unlikely to get unknown(-1) when arrange not focused

script_title = "Smart Delete Script" 
  reaper.Undo_BeginBlock() 

if start == ending then
  reaper.Main_OnCommand(40697, 0) -- remove items/tracks/...
else
  if focus == 1 then
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40061, 0) -- split items at time selection
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40697, 0) -- remove selected area of items
  elseif focus == 2 then
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40333, 0)  --  delete selected points
  else -- alternatively -- elseif focus == 0 then
    reaper.Main_OnCommand(40697, 0) -- remove tracks
  end
end

reaper.Undo_EndBlock(script_title, 0)

Last edited by cool; 04-30-2018 at 01:40 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:51 AM   #1651
FnA

Cool!

Guessing you can probably do something similar for automation items. It seems an action for limiting a deletion of selected points to time selection would be a nice utility to have, but I guess I have not really lost any sleep over it thus far.

It probably makes two undo points for the two calls to mainoncommand? I'll try it later with a undoblock to reduce it to one and edit this post. Alternatively you can use namedcommandlookup on a custom action that you make normally.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:23 AM   #1652
cool

Quote:
Guessing you can probably do something similar for automation items. It seems an action for limiting a deletion of selected points to time selection would be a nice utility to have, but I guess I have not really lost any sleep over it thus far.
Ugh. Here again the problems begin Now for the editing of automation items the set of commands is very meager. I do not have to delete part of the automation item. And the cutting command selected one part of the item, and there are no commands to control this selection process.
But, again, I can return to the old kind command of "Smart Cut...", which works all the same, flawlessly. But, it's rubbish again on the clipboard ...

In the end, I made a decision. Just do not touch the items of automation

Quote:
It probably makes two undo points for the two calls to mainoncommand? I'll try it later with a undoblock to reduce it to one and edit this post. Alternatively you can use namedcommandlookup on a custom action that you make normally.
Yes I know. So that there were no double entries in the undo entries, I used commands Undo_BeginBlock/Undo_EndBlock. In the script above

Last edited by cool; 04-30-2018 at 04:33 AM.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:37 AM   #1653
FnA

Ha! Just woke up.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:32 AM   #1654
Triode

Default Coalesce two time selections script ?

I have two time selections stored at SWS slots number 3 and 4.
Is it possible to add these two together to make one longer time selection.
It needs to be bi-directional so either time selection could be before or after the other - basically make the earliest start point the beginning of the new time selection and the latest end point the end.
Many thanks
Old 05-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #1655
Esteban_M

Default Custom action: Event Properties Values

Hello dear magicians of Reaper!

Any way to create a custom script to apply certain values in the "Event Properties" windows in "Midi Editor"?

For ex:
I want to modify multiple selected velocities. To do so, I go to the Event Properties window, enter the change wanted in the "Velocity" field and press apply. If I need 2 changes (like a relative change and then increment values) I have to do this twice as seen here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=56117

I'm seeing default actions like "Set event channel higher" which I guess gives a hint that the possibility is there. If such script doesn't exist yet, is there a way to see the code from a default action in order to try using one of those default ones as a guide?

Thanks in advance!
Esteban_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #1656
X-Raym

@Esteban_M
Scripts don't enters values in windows for you. It works at the source, by modifying the elements properties directly.
There is a lot of scripts involving notes velocity, JSFX for effects or Lua for offline processing.

Here is template I made in Lua, which process selected notes in MIDI Editor:

https://github.com/ReaTeam/ReaScript...I%20editor.lua

You only have to add your own math in the middle.

But if you do that everytime for certain tracks, I will advice you to use a track FX insert, so that you just set it once and forget it.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #1657
FnA

Hi Triode. Quick easy version. I guess you could read RPP or something to get the numbers instead, but hopefully this is good enough.

If you use undo points for time selection, you could remove "--" from start of UndoBeginBlock and UndoEndBlock lines. If you do that, you could erase:
function noundo() end
reaper.defer(noundo)

but I don't think it's really necessary.

Code:
-- Coalesce two SWS time selection slots.lua
-- Don't use it if you don't have SWS...

function Fn_Coalesce()
  --reaper.Undo_BeginBlock2(0)

reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
  local slot3ok
  local a,b = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
  reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(1, 0, 0, 0, 0)
  reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_SWS_RESTTIME3"),0)
  local c,d = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
  if c~=d then
    a=c
    b=d
    slot3ok = true
  end

reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(1, 0, 0, 0, 0)
  reaper.Main_OnCommand(reaper.NamedCommandLookup("_SWS_RESTTIME4"),0)
  local e,f = reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
  if e~=f then
    a=e
    b=f
    if slot3ok == true then
      if c<e then a=c end
      if d>f then b=d end
    end
  end

reaper.GetSet_LoopTimeRange(1, 0, a, b, 0)
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)

--reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "coalesce time selections 3 and 4", -1)
end

function noundo() end
reaper.defer(noundo)

Fn_Coalesce()

Last edited by FnA; 05-11-2018 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:57 PM   #1658
Triode

Hi FnA
That's great many thanks
Old 05-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #1659
FnA

I think there's a chance of an error, in some odd case. I'll edit the script later. OK, I did so. I treat any 0 length time selection basically as "no time selection". Maybe you might want something different? It leaves an existing time selection in place (actually restores it after removal during the script) unless either slot has a time selection of non zero length. Maybe it should remove it in all cases?

Last edited by FnA; 05-11-2018 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:10 AM   #1660
vanhaze

In Cubase there is a function that, when enabled, automatically selects an Item when you hoover your mouse over it.
Is this functionality maybe scriptable in Reaper ?

Warm Regards.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:12 PM   #1661
rothchild

I'd really like a script that finds all instances of Reinsert and hits Ping detect on them, please.

Ideally, it'd be 2 buttons.

1. To find and open all instances (to remind me what's where and any reverbs that might need bypassing)
2. Ping!
(3. Close Reinsert windows, so I can hit the space and play)

Last edited by rothchild; 06-04-2018 at 12:37 PM.
rothchild is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:00 AM   #1662
Triode

Quote:
I think there's a chance of an error, in some odd case. I'll edit the script later. OK, I did so. I treat any 0 length time selection basically as "no time selection". Maybe you might want something different? It leaves an existing time selection in place (actually restores it after removal during the script) unless either slot has a time selection of non zero length. Maybe it should remove it in all cases?
Hi!

I've been using this type of script to help shift-select groups of items across tracks (via folders or track groups). Since time selections are always made in my macros before that script the zero time selections are not an issue. Will post some examples to share when I get a spare bit of time. Thanks again
Old 06-12-2018, 12:48 PM   #1663
musicbynumbers

Hi SPK77. I only just saw your post but thanks for this. Tried it and it seems to work great so far! Thanks for that! It's perfect now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk77 View Post
I think I finally got it working...set this as "global startup action" (this is needed for syncing)

Code:
local button_off_val = -21 -- This value is set when the button is "OFF"
local button_on_val = 90 -- This value is set when the button is "ON"

function main()
  local state = 0
  local delay = 0
  local is_new_value, filename, section_id, command_id, mode, resolution, val = reaper.get_action_context()
  local toggle_state = reaper.GetToggleCommandStateEx(section_id, command_id)
  if toggle_state == -1 then
    if reaper.HasExtState("musicbynumbers", "video output delay") then
      delay = tonumber(reaper.GetExtState("musicbynumbers", "video output delay"))
      if delay == button_on_val then
        state = 1
      else
        state = 0
      end
    else
      --reaper.ShowConsoleMsg("No ext state" .. "\n")
      state = 0
      delay = button_off_val
    end
  else
    if toggle_state == 1 then
      state = 0
      delay = button_off_val
    else
      state = 1
      delay = button_on_val
    end
  end
  reaper.SetToggleCommandState(section_id, command_id, state)
  reaper.RefreshToolbar2(section_id, command_id)
  reaper.SNM_SetIntConfigVar("video_delayms", delay)
  reaper.SetExtState("musicbynumbers", "video output delay", tostring(delay), true)
end

reaper.defer(main)
Old 06-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #1664
shosty

I'm looking for a script that will a) add selected tracks to a new group and b) set one of the tracks to reverse pan.

For a) there is 'SWS/S&M: Set selected tracks to first unused group (default flags)'.

Is it possible for a script to do b)? Seems like it would be quite a simple thing but I wouldn't know where to start to write it.
shosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:01 PM   #1665
FnA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triode View Post
Hi!

I've been using this type of script to help shift-select groups of items across tracks (via folders or track groups). Since time selections are always made in my macros before that script the zero time selections are not an issue. Will post some examples to share when I get a spare bit of time. Thanks again
Sounds interesting, I will like to see them.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #1666
timbralzoom

is this Action possible?
(or possible already but i just couldn't find it?)

Transpose Selected Notes Preserving Chord and Motive?
EDIT:
by Motive i mean Rhythmic Voicing actually .. i hope make sense

timbralzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:08 AM   #1667
reapero

Hi guys,

Is it possible to make a simple script that adds a new stereo hardware output to the selected track? I guess the name could be editable by the user in the script
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:17 AM   #1668
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Hi guys,

Is it possible to make a simple script that adds a new stereo hardware output to the selected track? I guess the name could be editable by the user in the script
Code:
function createHardwareOut(output)
  for ti = 0, reaper.CountSelectedTracks()-1 do
    local track = reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0, ti)
    local send = reaper.CreateTrackSend(track, nil)
    reaper.SetTrackSendInfo_Value(track, 1, send, 'I_DSTCHAN', output)
  end
end

createHardwareOut(0) -- 0 = default output channel
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 03:45 AM   #1669
reapero

Jesuschrist! That was fast and efficient. Thanks a lot Cfillion!

I made a thread the other day on the general forum, regarding envelope takes, which hasnt been replied. This one : https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=208538

Do you think this is possible with scripting? Hiding take envelopes but keeping them active.

Cheers!
reapero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 09:28 PM   #1670
DarkFlameSquirrel

A request. I was hoping someone could create a script that automatically toggles loop playback on when a time selection is made, and vice versa. Something I'm used to from FL Studio and even after months of Reaper I still have yet to brush it off. If an option for that already exists I sure as heck didn't find it

DarkFlameSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:36 AM   #1671
semikid

Request: "Rename Selected tracks Prefix in numeric order."

Ie: 01_Kick, 02_Snare, etc. 10_Bass, 11_Guitar.

Is this possible? o.O
semikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:51 PM   #1672
X-Raym

@semikid
I already made track names processor which can do that :P

The most advanced is in my advanced renamers
Old 07-25-2018, 03:53 PM   #1673
X-Raym

@semikid
but my search and replace in track name can do it for free with simple counter (no leading zeros) : http://i.giphy.com/3o85xuFcHQ27K06TdK.gif
Though you can mod it or add the leading zero in a second pass.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #1674
semikid

You're the best.

Thank you as always.
semikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #1675
dazastah

Realised i should of posted this here..

Request to create script that triggers qwerty keyboard commands.. ie up down enter .

Using a very small touch screen with no physical keyboard. Certain actions are not available for region playlist like navigating a stopped playlist and then plyaing that certain region in playlist. i'd then add the scripts as toolbar buttons to touch!

Cheers!!!!
dazastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:10 PM   #1676
YouOdysseyLeif

I have projects with hundreds/thousands of markers (dialogue for a video game). I'd like to create regions from the audio in between the markers, named after the marker. Essentially if I could select the items between each marker, create a region, and have that region be named after the marker... That would be amazing.

I found a script by cfillion called "Insert regions at markers and vice versa in time selection" which is really close, but it creates regions that fill the entirety of the time in between markers, and in my projects there will be empty timeline/audio at the beginning and end that I don't want.
YouOdysseyLeif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:20 AM   #1677
BEHOLD

I attempted to make a custom actions with no Avai.

First action is just a CHORD track populate. So an action, that would create a blank item within a time selection, on a "chord" track. After I've tempo mapped the part, go to the end of each bar, and split the item. Maybe insert a generic chord in it.

(Side note, is there ANY script just to go to the next bar beginning just like 'go to next marker'?????)

Second is personal to my work flow, I set up my scratch tracks as follows:

Bus
Acoustic 1 - Left mic :Selected:
Acoustic 2 - Right mic :Selected:
Bus 2
Acoustic 1 - Left mic
Acoustic 2 - Right mic

I want to be able to, after having recorded 30m of scratch. Just press a button and have the next tracks in the bus below selected. Deselecting the previous tracks. So I can then, just arm selected and record. All within three buttons. Or easily create a custom action then after. I was able to get it to work successfully with a custom action, once, then it was jumping where ever it wanted.
BEHOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 02:09 AM   #1678
X-Raym

@YouOdysseyLeif
Can you share a before/after screenshot demo ?

@BEHOLD
Quote:
(Side note, is there ANY script just to go to the next bar beginning just like 'go to next marker'?????)
Native: Move edit cursor to start of next measure
Old 08-01-2018, 03:53 AM   #1679
BEHOLD

Quote:
@BEHOLD

Native: Move edit cursor to start of next measure
Thanks! I was telling the action window all the wrong things. Is there any possible way of getting a 'custom action' to do this until the end of a time selection without some lua?

Also, a direct thank you for your scripts and contributions. Without you and a couple of the other script makers I'd be so lost inside this Reaper thing.
BEHOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 05:13 AM   #1680
X-Raym

@BEHOLD
You are welcome !
Usually people thinks the script world is confusing for beginners, so I'm glad it helps you anyway.

Edit Cursor to the end of time selection:

Action: Go to end of time selection