Old 04-23-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
natonative
Human being with feelings

Default Qauntize Audio Items

Hey, I'm having a lot of trouble trying to quantize parts to the grid. I've tried all the actions, quantize to grid options etc and nothing is working. I've also watched the vids etc.

I don't think I'm asking too much - if I have, for example, eight kicks randonmly placed next to each other and I want to quantize them to create a straight simple house beat it seems I can't. The quantize options will either cause the files to overlap, so there'll be two kicks placed on top of each other or the kicks will just simply move to the closest grid line according to the measure set without any equal distance between them.

Any help would be much appreciated!
natonative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:02 PM   #2
martifingers

No, I don't think it's stoo much to ask either. But I wonder why this isn't working for you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnXZLUwZJRI

In the example you give I think it would be easy to simply (dynamic) split the kicks and move them manually (with snap enabled) to the desired grid position. It's only 8 items after all. But Kenny's other methods should work too (eg stretch markers from 3.15 on).

Reading your post again I wonder if the kicks are already separate items and if they each start with the transient or not. If they are "random" in that sense I think you would have to group and "glue" them before doing the dynamic split, if you see what I mean.
martifingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #3
natonative

Quote:
Originally Posted by martifingers View Post
No, I don't think it's stoo much to ask either. But I wonder why this isn't working for you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnXZLUwZJRI

In the example you give I think it would be easy to simply (dynamic) split the kicks and move them manually (with snap enabled) to the desired grid position. It's only 8 items after all. But Kenny's other methods should work too (eg stretch markers from 3.15 on).

Reading your post again I wonder if the kicks are already separate items and if they each start with the transient or not. If they are "random" in that sense I think you would have to group and "glue" them before doing the dynamic split, if you see what I mean.
Hello, thanks for your help. I don't know why I didn't check out Kenny's vid too but I'll check it now. Actually, the kick was just an example - it's an audio file of a voice over which has already been dynamically split. And it would be very easy to do it manually like I have usually done in the past but I wanted to try it using quantize but after failing so many times I kind of got a little obsessed in finding a way.
Old 04-23-2018, 10:43 PM   #4
natonative

Unfortunately, that video didn't answer my question, does anyone else have any suggestions please?
Old 04-24-2018, 03:30 AM   #5
G-Sun

https://wiki.cockos.com/wiki/index.p...rs_Groove_Tool

(advanced quantizing)
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 06:08 AM   #6
natonative

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Thanks but unfortunately that won't solve this issue, however this does look like a valuable tool and I'm sure I'll get a lot of use out of it in the future.
Old 04-24-2018, 06:15 AM   #7
G-Sun

Script: spk77_Quantize items to grid using item snap offset.eel

ReaPack
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:53 PM   #8
natonative

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Script: spk77_Quantize items to grid using item snap offset.eel

ReaPack
I like that option too, it has an interesting effect, but unfortunately it's not the answer.

Basically, let's say I have 50 audio items which are all the same length - short. All I want to do is put each one on the grid at a chosen measure. So if its 1/4 notes, there will be an item at bar 1 and 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2, 2.1 etc.
Some of these tools come close but they seem to be buggy or maybe I'm just doing something wrong?
Old 04-25-2018, 01:25 AM   #9
_Stevie_

That sounds like you need an audio item placement based on its index instead of quantization. Like: item 1 at 1.0, item 2 at 1.1, item 3 at 1.2.
Not sure if a script like that already exists, though. But if not, I would post
in the script request thread.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:57 PM   #10
insub

Are you trying to do this?

Unfortunately, there is not a way to automatically quantize audio yet. I have Melodyne 4 Studio, and sometimes it can quantize audio. But, often it gets it wrong too. So, for now manual appears to still be required.
insub is offline   Reply With Quote