Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for macOS

Old 04-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #1
skylar_battles
Human being with feelings

Default Cannot Set Custom "Multizoom" Actions for Midi Editor Window - 6.54 Monterey 12.3.1

In Reaper’s main window, the default functionality is that: taking 2 fingers placed closely to each other on the track pad and dragging them further away from each other results in a horizontal zoom in, while taking 2 fingers that are far apart and moving them closer to each other results in a horizontal zoom out.

It sounds overly complicated but it’s the same way you would do this by default on a Mac while browsing the internet.

Although this “shortcut” I’ve described works for zooming in and out by default in the main window, it is missing from the “shortcuts” for those selected “actions” even though those gestures on the trackpad in the main window work identically to “shortcuts” by default which doesn’t make sense to me.

When I try to expand this feature to the MIDI Editor it fails to work as it reads both the zoom in and zoom out “shortcut” as being “Multizoom” and since “Multizoom” can’t be mapped to 2 different shortcuts simultaneously I can only use one of these functions in the MIDI Editor window (zoom in OR zoom out).

Does anybody have an idea for a fix that would help allow what I believe to be a native Mac behavior for zooming in and out to work in the MIDI Editor?
skylar_battles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 12:21 PM   #2
skylar_battles

Any ideas on this or has anyone run into the same issue? I’d be surprised if any Mac users didn’t find this difficult to work around. Maybe I’ll post in a different section on here if that’s acceptable…
Old 05-08-2022, 09:45 AM   #3
skylar_battles

I'll try to revive this once more before posting in a different section of the forums! I do think this needs to be addressed.
Old 03-05-2023, 05:55 PM   #4
ambrosebs

> When I try to expand this feature to the MIDI Editor it fails to work as it reads both the zoom in and zoom out “shortcut” as being “Multizoom” and since “Multizoom” can’t be mapped to 2 different shortcuts simultaneously I can only use one of these functions in the MIDI Editor window (zoom in OR zoom out).

Map Multizoom to the following MIDI Editor action: View: Zoom horizontally (MIDI relative/mousewheel)
ambrosebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 07:35 PM   #5
skylar_battles

I have what for me is probably the "perfect" mac setup, besides one bug: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27316 ....,so I haven't touched it for a while. It seems to be clunky about picking up multizoom sometimes when assigning shortcuts to actions. Seems like people are also have some zoom issues with 6.77.

The other strange discrepancy is that I have to reverse the already reversed state of mousehweel to make it work as expected with just a single reverse - Apple style

Last edited by skylar_battles; 04-01-2023 at 07:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2023, 11:26 PM   #6
ambrosebs

By the way, do you happen to use Notation view? If so, do you also find that Multizoom in that view is impossible to use due to oversensitivity?
ambrosebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 01:00 AM   #7
skylar_battles

I don't use notation view so I can't comment on that to be honest with you, but there are many threads about it.