Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 08-03-2022, 10:36 AM   #1
michael diemer
Human being with feelings

Default (SOLVED)Migrating Wine Folder To New System

I'm trying to get up and running on Linux mint 21, which just came out. got Reaper For Linux installed fine. I copied my .wine and playonlinux's virtual drives to my new home folder. Everything appears to be there. Reaper allows me to try to insert the Kontakt Player, but it doesn't work. I assume that's because I need to do something else, like install Native Access. I tried doing that, but it's now version 2, which a lot of folks are complaining about. I tried installing with playonlinux, but it fails due to java script error.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by michael diemer; 08-05-2022 at 08:10 PM.
michael diemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:12 PM   #2
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
I'm trying to get up and running on Linux mint 21, which just came out. got Reaper For Linux installed fine. I copied my .wine and playonlinux's virtual drives to my new home folder. Everything appears to be there. Reaper allows me to try to insert the Kontakt Player, but it doesn't work. I assume that's because I need to do something else, like install Native Access. I tried doing that, but it's now version 2, which a lot of folks are complaining about. I tried installing with playonlinux, but it fails due to java script error.

Any suggestions?
Just a guess. Try pointing Kontakt to its Factory Library again. The volume names of your drives have most likely changed so the path may now be invalid.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:22 PM   #3
foxAsteria

The old installer still works. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ekD...ew?usp=sharing Well to be fair it never completely worked, but it sounds like the new version doesn't work at all.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:23 PM   #4
michael diemer

Thanks Glenn and FoxAsteria. The link worked, Fox. I was able to download NA 1.14.1 from it. I installed it with PlayOnLinux, wine-staging 6.17, configured to Windows 10. Then as Glenn suggested, I just had to relocate the libraries, which I have on my new m.2 drive, and hit "install." They all installed quickly, no downloading. I did put in all the serials first, just in case. NA up and running, though I've yet to test any libraries in a project. slowly but surely. Or somewhat surely...

Last edited by michael diemer; 08-03-2022 at 02:30 PM.
michael diemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 08:25 PM   #5
audiojunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael diemer View Post
Thanks Glenn and FoxAsteria. The link worked, Fox. I was able to download NA 1.14.1 from it. I installed it with PlayOnLinux, wine-staging 6.17, configured to Windows 10. Then as Glenn suggested, I just had to relocate the libraries, which I have on my new m.2 drive, and hit "install." They all installed quickly, no downloading. I did put in all the serials first, just in case. NA up and running, though I've yet to test any libraries in a project. slowly but surely. Or somewhat surely...
Itís a constant, but satisfying learning process. I am finding that it is a rare day that I donít learn something new about Linux. I donít always have as much time as I would like to devote to this hobby, but it can sure be satisfying with each new breakthrough or success.
audiojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:18 AM   #6
michael diemer

Yep, learn something new every day. I have just learned that the cinnamon desktop is very different from XFCE. For example, when you install something with PlayOnLinux, you don't get a folder called "PlayOnLinux's Virtual drives." Instead, the stuff you install is located in "Prefixes." Took me awhile to figure that out.

Why did I download the Cinnamon version of mint? Just thought I'd give it a try, in case I liked it. Nope, going back to XFCE today. I had nothing but trouble with cinnamon. although it did look pretty.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:09 PM   #7
michael diemer

Mint XFCE would not boot from the USB, so I gave up and installed Minimal Ubuntu 22.04, then put XFCE-Core on it. I have everything up and running - Reaper, Kontakt, etc. I just did it all new from scratch, rather than migrate my wine stuff from the other drive. Since I have a fairly minimal setup, that didn't take too long.
Old 08-10-2022, 05:27 PM   #8
audiojunkie

I'm glad to hear that you got things set up again and working!!
Old 08-10-2022, 07:03 PM   #9
fabio77

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiojunkie View Post
I'm glad to hear that you got things set up again and working!!
Could it be, that you're relating to this thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....88#post2585288

fabio77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 08:43 PM   #10
audiojunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabio77 View Post
Could it be, that you're relating to this thread https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....88#post2585288

How did that happen?! Well, it fits in both threads and I’m happy for both of you! ��
Old 08-10-2022, 08:52 PM   #11
fabio77

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiojunkie View Post
How did that happen?! Well, it fits in both threads and Iím happy for both of you! ��
The other thread is from same OP. I just posted in both, like you

But I'm also happy with my system for now

And if you remember, thank you for the pipewire tip at the other thread (a third one). Altough I think with ALSA and jack my latency was a little lesser. And I hear a crackling here and there.
I will get into it the next days. Maybe I can improve this with some configuration.
fabio77 is online now   Reply With Quote