Old 07-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #1
lb0
Human being with feelings

Default LBX Stripper 2

Hi,

So - I'm just dropping this here with a quick caveat. I'm away for a week - so support will be very limited until I'm back (very much a release and run from my perspective lol).

So if your curious - and adventurous - feel free to give it a go.

Quick notes...

Installation is much the same as v1 - resources folder is the same location - however - you will need to install the latest LBXCS_resources zip folder from the LBXStripper2 repository to get any additional required resources.

It should be fine to install over your existing stripper resources folder - but please - back up the original first just in case. I accept no responsibility should your existing Stripper installation stop working (it shouldn't though - unless you do something really weird).

https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper2

I have taken some time to try and ensure all parts have been uploaded - that are required to get Stripper 2 working on a new system - but it's possible that I may have missed something somewhere - so please be patient and report any errors/bugs here and I will respond when I can...

I'm aware of a few minor niggles that I've not fixed yet - but these should not affect the running and usability of the script. I will try and remove these niggles when I get time.

I will explain in more detail the differences between version 2 and the old v1 when I get a little more time. But in the meantime - should you try it out - you should be able to run v2 in place of v1 - but you can keep v1 available should you wish to switch back to it...

There are a huge amount of changes under the hood in v2 - which has taken me countless days/weeks/months (ok - even years) to get to where it is - so please be kind, and if you do find any bugs - report them to me here. I hope there won't be any showstoppers - but many of the new features have only been tested by myself - so it's almost certain I may have missed some...

Anyway - fingers crossed transitioning to the new version goes smoothly.

L.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 03:10 PM   #2
lb0

<reserved>
Old 07-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #3
Arthur McArthur

Congrats, Leon! Very excited to see all the new features you've been working hard on.

Install was easy and I am testing it now:

Something I noticed is that many of the buttons in the settings page aren't responding to my clicks.

Lasso selecting some parameters in FX mode and then right-clicking some empty space throws up the error: ...hu\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper 2.lua:54144: attempt to concatenate a nil value (local 'wg')

One thing I was hoping for was the ability to drag in parameters from many tracks at once. Having to scroll through hundreds of tracks, re-select the wanted parameters and drag them in for each one takes a lot of time. I know you're probably focused on squashing bugs at the moment but I hope you'll consider it.

I'll keep testing and see if anything else turns up.
Arthur McArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 04:16 PM   #4
permeke

kindly reporting this while running the action.

LBX Stripper 2.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '{'
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 01:26 AM   #5
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post
Congrats, Leon! Very excited to see all the new features you've been working hard on.

Install was easy and I am testing it now:

Something I noticed is that many of the buttons in the settings page aren't responding to my clicks.

Lasso selecting some parameters in FX mode and then right-clicking some empty space throws up the error: ...hu\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\LBX\LBX Stripper 2.lua:54144: attempt to concatenate a nil value (local 'wg')

One thing I was hoping for was the ability to drag in parameters from many tracks at once. Having to scroll through hundreds of tracks, re-select the wanted parameters and drag them in for each one takes a lot of time. I know you're probably focused on squashing bugs at the moment but I hope you'll consider it.

I'll keep testing and see if anything else turns up.
Hey Arthur.

Thanks for giving it a go. Thanks for the error report - I've fixed the right-click bug hopefully now.

Regarding the settings dialog clicks not working - that's not something I've noticed or repeated here. I'm wondering if it thinks there's a window on top of the settings screen (that is not visible)... How big is your stripper GUI? (just because I have mine fullscreen all the time - so it could be related to gui size)... Also what mode are you in when opening the settings dialog?

I'm interested in what you have in mind for dragging in parameters from multiple tracks... So give me more details on how you see it working - and I'll look into it once I'm back...

Thanks,
L.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:29 AM   #6
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
kindly reporting this while running the action.

LBX Stripper 2.lua:1: unexpected symbol near '{'
Hi,

As there's no executable code at line 1 in the lua code file - I suspect that's a download encoding error... Did you download the lua file as 'RAW' from github (the same as would have been required when downloading v1)? If not downloaded as RAW - you often get these strange errors at the very beginning of the file.

L.
Old 07-28-2022, 01:32 AM   #7
lb0

One other thing I've only just thought of - if you're on Windows - and have used the built in Stripper Update function to update the script - this is something I've overlooked (as I don't need to use the update facility) - so using the Update button will likely only update v1 still (heh oops!).

So for the time being - until I get the chance to look into it a little more - you'll have to update Stripper 2 manually from github...
Old 07-28-2022, 07:11 AM   #8
Rodulf

Can't get the Resource zip to work. Keeps saying it's empty.
Rodulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 07:13 AM   #9
permeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Hi,

As there's no executable code at line 1 in the lua code file - I suspect that's a download encoding error... Did you download the lua file as 'RAW' from github (the same as would have been required when downloading v1)? If not downloaded as RAW - you often get these strange errors at the very beginning of the file.

L.
yes as RAW , but I will try again
Old 07-28-2022, 10:00 AM   #10
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodulf View Post
Can't get the Resource zip to work. Keeps saying it's empty.
Did you try downloading as raw? I've just downloaded the zip and unpacked it ok on my phone, so it seems fine.

Try a different browser to download maybe?

I'm not able to get to my studio for a week now but if problems persist I'll try and put the files on a cloud somewhere when I have better access...
Old 07-28-2022, 10:16 AM   #11
Arthur McArthur

Quote:
Hey Arthur.
Regarding the settings dialog clicks not working - that's not something I've noticed or repeated here. I'm wondering if it thinks there's a window on top of the settings screen (that is not visible)... How big is your stripper GUI? (just because I have mine fullscreen all the time - so it could be related to gui size)... Also what mode are you in when opening the settings dialog?
Right-click bug is fixed!

Making the size of the GUI bigger and/or changing the mode I open the settings dialog in doesn't make a difference here. I tried in a new portable install and was able to click a few buttons (including multi-touch! very excited to try that). But after two or three buttons it stopped responding to my inputs. Version 1 is working with no issues.

Quote:
I'm interested in what you have in mind for dragging in parameters from multiple tracks... So give me more details on how you see it working - and I'll look into it once I'm back...
In the FX edit mode, maybe a button at the bottom of the left-hand selector window: "Multiple", which switches the view to something that looks like the Live "tracks" mode, where you can shift (range) select and control click multiple tracks. Clicking the button on the bottom again switches it back to the FX edit mode, where the button that usually says e.g.: "TR2" now says MULTIPLE (x). You select the parameters and drag them in and it separates them vertically, so 10 tracks would have 10 rows of the parameters. Does that make sense?
Old 07-28-2022, 10:16 AM   #12
permeke

it works , thanks !

weird thing , non working code was 4,4MB. Working is 4,3
Old 07-29-2022, 01:30 PM   #13
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur McArthur View Post

Making the size of the GUI bigger and/or changing the mode I open the settings dialog in doesn't make a difference here. I tried in a new portable install and was able to click a few buttons (including multi-touch! very excited to try that). But after two or three buttons it stopped responding to my inputs. Version 1 is working with no issues.
Hey Arthur,

Think I fixed the settings bug. Only seemed to happen when panel size was set pretty small (probably default size too as that's small). I always have my panels pretty big as my eyes are getting old Hence why the bug didn't effect me.

Anyway - v2.00.0002 should be fixed (plus removed a debug message I left in by accident when changing the update frequency bar in settings)....

I'll take a look at your adding parameter request in detail when I'm back from holiday. But I think you want to be able to drag in the same parameters from the same plugins across multiple tracks - does that sound about right? So in the case that several tracks have identical plugin chains - you can drag in parameters and it simulates dragging them in from all the selected tracks - to create 'strips' of parameters for each track??
Old 07-29-2022, 02:07 PM   #14
Arthur McArthur

Settings bug is fixed on my end! Thanks, Leon.

Yeah that's the right idea for the adding parameter request. Hopefully it can work for track controls too, e.g.: adding meters and mute buttons for 100 tracks at once.

Enjoy the holiday!
Old 08-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #15
PMan

V2 works great on Linux so far!

Also, I made a *wonderful* discovery... When I set "Mac: Force sort on files" it didn't seem to work before.

I had it set anyway (it does work for graphics files, knobs/sliders and meters) and I noticed today that when I terminate the script and then re-open it, the strips are in alphabetical order *until I click a button in the top menu to select a different group of strips* - then the listing of strips goes back to unordered.

It seems that the script doesn't consider the state of "Force sort on files" when displaying a newly selected group/category of strips.

HTH, that would be way cool!

I should say way cooler, It's already way cool...
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 07:25 AM   #16
DaniloVillanova

Thanks a lot for v2, Leon! Works fine here in W10 so far, I'll see if I find any bugs. Enjoy your holiday!
DaniloVillanova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 09:51 AM   #17
mykrobinson

I feel like i am missing something obvious. I downloaded the files and placed them in the appropriate locations, and restarted REAPER. Should i see some LBX-related content in the Actions list? How does one launch this?

mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:01 AM   #18
mykrobinson

cancel, i got it. Had to load it manually one time. Was REAPER supposed to pick it up automatically?

mykrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 10:29 AM   #19
DaniloVillanova

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
cancel, i got it. Had to load it manually one time. Was REAPER supposed to pick it up automatically?]
I think you gotta do it manually the first time with all scripts that are installed manually. Through ReaPack is automatic.
DaniloVillanova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:54 PM   #20
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykrobinson View Post
cancel, i got it. Had to load it manually one time. Was REAPER supposed to pick it up automatically?

Hi Myk,

Yeah - sorry - I hadn't explained that bit properly in the set up instructions.

And as Danilo mentioned - scripts installed via ReaPack get automatically added to the actions list - whereas manually installed scripts (like mine) do not generally get added automatically. I've not got round to adding any of my scripts to ReaPack yet.

Glad you've got it running ok.

Cheers,
Leon.
Old 08-05-2022, 09:28 PM   #21
PMan

I'm having issues editing strips. Edits to graphic elements aren't saved. Edits to controls (knobs, sliders, etc.) are saved properly.

Thanks for this great software!
Old 08-06-2022, 12:40 AM   #22
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMan View Post
I'm having issues editing strips. Edits to graphic elements aren't saved. Edits to controls (knobs, sliders, etc.) are saved properly.

Hi PMan,

Can you please give an example of exactly what you're doing - so I can repeat it?

Thanks,
L.
Old 08-06-2022, 05:03 AM   #23
lb0

Quote:

So I've tested as thoroughly as I can - and cannot find any problems here.

Are you editing strips from DM mode? So clicking the EDIT Strip option - then making changes and saving - going back into DM mode? If so - strips won't automatically update until you hit the refresh button (but this would also happen for FX Parameters - so this may not be the problem you're seeing).
Old 08-06-2022, 06:59 PM   #24
PMan

When I edit a graphical item; change the height or width, those changes are not saved. It's interesting because the .png of the strip reflects the edits. After saving, when the edited strip is re-drawn, the graphical edits disappear. When I re-open the edited strip, the graphics are un-edited.

Also, I cannot *add* a graphics item to a saved strip.

I'm going from Live mode to Edit mode, edit, save strip, back to Live mode...

My workaround is to run the old version (from a sub-folder) to do edits.
Old 08-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #25
lb0

Quote:
When I edit a graphical item; change the height or width, those changes are not saved. It's interesting because the .png of the strip reflects the edits. After saving, when the edited strip is re-drawn, the graphical edits disappear. When I re-open the edited strip, the graphics are un-edited.

Also, I cannot *add* a graphics item to a saved strip.

I'm going from Live mode to Edit mode, edit, save strip, back to Live mode...

My workaround is to run the old version (from a sub-folder) to do edits.
Hmmm. Well I've not noticed any problems on my side. Any chance of a gif or short video so I can see exactly what is happening? That might help me understand and see what's going on.
Old 08-06-2022, 08:48 PM   #26
PMan

This is strange. Now it works sometimes, and sometimes not. I did record a gif where I add the strip, go to edit mode, edit the graphics, and when I save the strip, the graphic goes back to what it was before.
I discovered this: when I change the size of a graphic with the W (width) or H (height) buttons at the bottom of the screen, sometimes the font for the numbers in the popup are oversized.

- if the font in the popup window is over sized *but I don't change the size from that popup window* -edits are saved

- if the font in the popup window is over sized *and I do change the size from that popup window* -edits are not saved

In another test, (see the compressed .gif) I changed the size by dragging, and then by using the W button. When I saved the strip, the dragged edit was saved, but not the edit from the W button (you can tell by the final size of the object). This is very odd because earlier, it wasn't saving *any* graphical edits...

The gif was too big to upload so I zipped it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip gif.zip (980.6 KB, 127 views)
Old 08-07-2022, 04:20 AM   #27
lb0

Quote:
This is strange. Now it works sometimes, and sometimes not. I did record a gif where I add the strip, go to edit mode, edit the graphics, and when I save the strip, the graphic goes back to what it was before.
I discovered this: when I change the size of a graphic with the W (width) or H (height) buttons at the bottom of the screen, sometimes the font for the numbers in the popup are oversized.

- if the font in the popup window is over sized *but I don't change the size from that popup window* -edits are saved

- if the font in the popup window is over sized *and I do change the size from that popup window* -edits are not saved

In another test, (see the compressed .gif) I changed the size by dragging, and then by using the W button. When I saved the strip, the dragged edit was saved, but not the edit from the W button (you can tell by the final size of the object). This is very odd because earlier, it wasn't saving *any* graphical edits...

Brilliant - thanks - I'll take a look later - but I think that will be really helpful in working out the bug.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:25 PM   #28
lb0

Quote:

I just updated to v2.00.0004.

Hopefully the bug with changing graphics widths and heights using the textbox numbers (W and H buttons) should now be fixed.

Not sure about other things you mentioned though - regarding having trouble adding new graphics to a strip - that's likely a different issue - but I've not been able to repeat that yet.

You'll need to update both lua file and resources folder due to some other things I've been working on.

Let me know how you get on
Old 08-07-2022, 05:13 PM   #29
PMan

v2.00.0004 fixes the bugs! Woot Woot!!!

In retrospect, when I added graphic elements that didn't save, I had edited their size with the W & H buttons. So it is all good!

1 quick comment/question: Any strip that has no editable parameters displays it's bypass button partially greyed out... Is that intentional?

There are several Airwindows plugins with no editable parameters, and it would be great if the bypass displayed normally on them.

Thanks again for the *great* software!
Old 08-07-2022, 05:20 PM   #30
PMan

I mentioned this earlier...

I noticed that When I set "Mac: Force sort on files" the strips are sorted in alphabetical order *when I first open Stripper*. After I click a button to select a new category - or the same category, they are no longer ordered.

Could it be that "Mac: Force sort on files" is not enforced when displaying a newly selected strip category?

Thanks again!
Old 08-08-2022, 01:52 AM   #31
lb0

Quote:
v2.00.0004 fixes the bugs! Woot Woot!!!

In retrospect, when I added graphic elements that didn't save, I had edited their size with the W & H buttons. So it is all good!

1 quick comment/question: Any strip that has no editable parameters displays it's bypass button partially greyed out... Is that intentional?

There are several Airwindows plugins with no editable parameters, and it would be great if the bypass displayed normally on them.

Thanks again for the *great* software!
Ah - the transparent fx bypass thing was due to the way I needed to check if an fx plugin was offline (before the API call was available to check this directly). I needed a quick way to identify if an FX was offline without examining the fx chunk (which would have been way too slow). So the way to do this was to count the available parameters, and if parameters was a certain number - then the fx would be offline. Unfortunately that resulted in plugins with 0 parameters also being assumed offline - hence the bypass button would be faded.

Anyway - for quite a while there's been a newer API to do this - and I hadn't got around to switching over to this new API.

The next update will have this fixed.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:53 AM   #32
lb0

Quote:
I mentioned this earlier...

I noticed that When I set "Mac: Force sort on files" the strips are sorted in alphabetical order *when I first open Stripper*. After I click a button to select a new category - or the same category, they are no longer ordered.

Could it be that "Mac: Force sort on files" is not enforced when displaying a newly selected strip category?

Thanks again!
I'll investigate this. But it would be really helpful if I could know exactly what part of Stripper you are viewing the strips (there are 2 strip browsers, and the strip list in the sidebar when in Strip edit mode). Knowing exactly where you mean would potentially save me some time in tracking down exactly your problem - as on my system (windows) strips are always read from the strips folder in alphabetical order - so it's a harder one to fix for me as I don't suffer the issue.

L.

Last edited by lb0; 08-08-2022 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:54 AM   #33
PMan

I had to do a bit of digging to clarify this...

I have Stripper docked at the bottom of the window.

In live mode, when I open the strip browser by pressing the 0 key, it opens with the Favs category selected. The strips are displayed unordered.

I select the Airwindows category - the strips are displayed unordered.

I close the Stripper by clicking the "x" in the bottom left corner of the Stripper window.

I reopen Stripper, and the Airwindows category is selected, and the strips are displayed in alphabetical order.

I click the Airwindows button to re-select the Airwindows category, and the strips are unordered again.

The order of the strips in the strip list in the sidebar when in Strip edit mode is the same as the order in the strip browser along the top.

When in edit mode, the list of graphics from the GFX tab is always ordered properly - which says to me the "Mac: Force sort on files" parameter is not getting reset, because it always affects the list of graphics.

I used the Airwindows category as an example, it behaves the same for any strips category *other than Faves*. It acts like "Mac: Force sort on files" is not checked when constructing the list of strips after clicking a category.
Old 08-08-2022, 06:32 AM   #34
lb0

Quote:
I had to do a bit of digging to clarify this...

I have Stripper docked at the bottom of the window.

In live mode, when I open the strip browser by pressing the 0 key, it opens with the Favs category selected. The strips are displayed unordered.

I select the Airwindows category - the strips are displayed unordered.

I close the Stripper by clicking the "x" in the bottom left corner of the Stripper window.

I reopen Stripper, and the Airwindows category is selected, and the strips are displayed in alphabetical order.

I click the Airwindows button to re-select the Airwindows category, and the strips are unordered again.

The order of the strips in the strip list in the sidebar when in Strip edit mode is the same as the order in the strip browser along the top.

When in edit mode, the list of graphics from the GFX tab is always ordered properly - which says to me the "Mac: Force sort on files" parameter is not getting reset, because it always affects the list of graphics.

I used the Airwindows category as an example, it behaves the same for any strips category *other than Faves*. It acts like "Mac: Force sort on files" is not checked when constructing the list of strips after clicking a category.
Thanks - hopefully the next update will fix the issue (although difficult to test on my system).
Old 08-08-2022, 07:34 AM   #35
PMan

I *really* appreciate your willingness to consider addressing these edge cases...

This software is the BOMB!

Thanks again
Old 08-08-2022, 03:10 PM   #36
lb0

Quote:
I *really* appreciate your willingness to consider addressing these edge cases...

This software is the BOMB!

Thanks again
Hey PMan,

Updated Stripper to v2.00.0005 - just the lua file (no changes to resources for this build as long as you already have the latest resources zip installed).

Hopefully have addressed the Mac sorting of strip files option (can you please let me know), and also the plugin with no parameters faded controls 'bug'.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:54 PM   #37
PMan

Everything is working!!! (both issues)

I have a lot of strips... it was such a major headache trying to find a strip when they were randomly ordered. I'm grinning so hard, I'm about to break my face!

You are one rockin' coder!

Thanks a million!

Old 08-19-2022, 09:36 AM   #38
MonkeyBars

Hi there!

I'm new to LBX Stripper. I checked out a video and it looks pretty cool. However, on my Mac, there are numerous controls that are too small to read. I tried changing the settings and that helped, but numerous elements are microscopic and unusable.

Also, I was able to increase the grid size but not decrease. How do you reduce the grid value?

Is there a manual or overview somewhere that describes the range of features? How can I scale up the UI more than is set in the settings? Is there an overall zoom value in the code I can set?
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2022, 10:33 AM   #39
PMan

@MonkeyBars:

Some docs:
03/05/2020: Frizizo has kindly started some user documentation (which will be expanded upon in the future):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...RnFydz3Mk/edit

The grid:
Left clicking on the grid size makes it larger, Right clicking makes it smaller.

Font sizes:
In the Settings window > Appearance tab, there is "Top/sidebar" and "Sidebar list" font sizes. (They are up/down sliders)

For the controls on the actual strips, click on a control while in Edit mode. A "CTL OPTIONS" window opens. About in the middle of that window, there is a row of small text (I don't know how or if you can adjust that text size). They are names of columns below. The "SHOW" column shows/hides the Name & Value text for the control. COL selects the color of the text. The sliders under F SIZE adjust the size of the font for "name" and "value". If "LINK" is highlighted, both name and value are set to the same value. LINK not highlighted - you can set them independently.

I am not aware of any way to adjust the size of the text in the CTL OPTIONS window, but if you can navigate those controls, you can set the size of the fonts on the strip controls.

Hope this helps!

@lb0:
It would be great to provide a slider for the size of the fonts in the CTL OPTIONS window. It would be logical (imho) to put it in the Settings window > Appearance tab, grouped with the "Top/sidebar" and "Sidebar list" controls.

You folks are both amazing scripters!!! Thank you for your contributions!

Edit: I was just mousing around and I found that you can double click in the Stripper window and a little panel pops up. It has zoom buttons ("+" and "-"). It is a master zoom *for the strips*. It does not affect the design functions, only the strips themselves.

Last edited by PMan; 08-19-2022 at 10:44 AM.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:29 AM   #40
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBars View Post
Hi there!

I'm new to LBX Stripper. I checked out a video and it looks pretty cool. However, on my Mac, there are numerous controls that are too small to read. I tried changing the settings and that helped, but numerous elements are microscopic and unusable.

Also, I was able to increase the grid size but not decrease. How do you reduce the grid value?

Is there a manual or overview somewhere that describes the range of features? How can I scale up the UI more than is set in the settings? Is there an overall zoom value in the code I can set?
Thanks PMan,

Yes as PMan said - zooming of Stripper GUI elements (dialogs/sidebars etc) are controlled within the main Settings pages on the Appearance tab.

Zooming of the strip surface (so strips and other surface controls) is done via zoom settings which can be accessed via keyboard shortcuts (_ and + by default) - or Ctrl+Click and drag on the strip surface, or indeed via the Control Panel dialog (which opens when you double-click empty space on the strip surface).

I don't know the resolution of your screen - but it should be usable on at least 4K screens... I'm not so sure about anything larger...