Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 12-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #41
Eddie D
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone Still Here to Help With Hybrid Rever 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjay View Post
Just got that now - certainly looks amazing. I grabbed the verbiage too. Thanks

Still plugging away with the hybrid verb2 for the closer ER effects but it's large on the desktop and clicks and complains in real time. I wonder why it was made so big....in yellow - you can tell I like it though, otherwise I'd be talking about something else.

It is a good sound, I find the 1m setting really nice on my vocals. I spent some time trying to turn it down to when (I thought) I couldn't hear it, and was repeatedly amazed at how I really noticed it when I pressed the bypass.

I can get it to save settings in the usual way through the Reaper FX manager, but when I turn it off, I have to go and look for them the next time I turn it on? Apart from the aforementioned foibles (...is there a smaller one, in blue please?) it's certainly an eye-opener for me just how subtle a reverb can be.
Re saving settings - I just started using HR 2, it sounds great. One preset is almost perfect but I need to lower the Wet Gain. The change that I make to the Wet Gain NEVER STAYS. I'm pretty new to all this - am I missing something? How can I apply HR2 to my track, select the preset I want, make my change to Wet Gain and SAVE IT? Sorry if this is a dumb question - I really like this plug-in so it is a bit frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie D
Eddie D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 02:03 AM   #42
ivansc

11 years old since it was launched in the KVR contest. I wonder if the developer is still around & supports it? Worth a try.
Old 12-30-2020, 07:44 AM   #43
domzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie D View Post
Re saving settings - I just started using HR 2, it sounds great. One preset is almost perfect but I need to lower the Wet Gain. The change that I make to the Wet Gain NEVER STAYS. I'm pretty new to all this - am I missing something? How can I apply HR2 to my track, select the preset I want, make my change to Wet Gain and SAVE IT? Sorry if this is a dumb question - I really like this plug-in so it is a bit frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eddie D
Not exactly the same but should yield similar results, but have you tried using Reaper's wet / dry knob instead? - the little grey rotary knob betwixt the "UI" and bypass buttons.
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote