Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-07-2021, 05:47 AM   #121
timothys_monster
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrelwood View Post
Reapack is something I would like to go towards, but my current update habits do not sit very well with an automatically updating repository. Once I get the versions to be more stable, I will look into it again, hoping that at least most of my plugins would end up in ReaPack.
Nice one! That sounds completely cool to me. Thanks for looking into it
timothys_monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 08:00 AM   #122
Crowzilla

Quote:
Fundamentally yes. I think what I'm after is more akin to sort of mastering the sounds. I'm hoping to achieve a more massive, larger bodied sound. The current sounds are easily a bit tinny or spikey in a mix, and a bit hot in the lower treble section. But the behaviour and fundamental nature of the amp will surely remain mostly similiar. I was already able to improve the dynamics of the clean sounds, so I just need to adjust the 17-band EQ and the 8-band pre-EQ for the 12 cornerstone sounds, and both pre and post 4-band shelving EQs for 27 intermediate sounds... No big deal! XoD

Thank you so much for the kind words! It feels so good to hear that others are finding AmpEra to be useful, let a lone the go to amp! Definitely proves that I'm on the right track!
Hahaa, I've been as bit busy, so I couldn't answer before, but seeing all those equalizing points you are trying to get just right, I'm sure it keeps you busy too! And yes, I've pretty much only used AmpEra these days, so to me, you're definitely on the right track! Thanks!
Crowzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:47 AM   #123
jjcale_guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvdv View Post
mrelwood,
Thank you very much for AmpEra.

I am looking forward to trying it.

Just a note - I could not download AmpEra or any of your other plugins using Chrome, so switched to Edge, and downloaded with no problem.

I am going to add your website to chrome as a trusted website, in the hopes that is the problem, but would suggest that anyone else having a problem with Chrome switch to another browser.

Thanks again.
I had problems too in Google Chrome. First I thought the URL was outdated because nothing happend when I clicked the provided links in this thread. But when I tried right click -> open i new tab , then the file downloaded. A quirk of Chrome or a "safety feature". Sometimes safety features and other "user friendliness" is in the way of usability!
Old 01-14-2021, 05:20 AM   #124
ivansc

Ha Ha I just did the same thing but using the above right click trick, managed to download it. However, the .dll or .vst3 suffix is missing within the .zip file. What do you have to rename the AmperaV99 file to?
Old 01-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #125
Stoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Ha Ha I just did the same thing but using the above right click trick, managed to download it. However, the .dll or .vst3 suffix is missing within the .zip file. What do you have to rename the AmperaV99 file to?
It's not a vst, it's a JS plug-in. You just need to copy the files in the zip to the location mentioned in the 2nd post in this thread.

--Ian
Stoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #126
gvdv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivansc View Post
Thanks very much, ivansc.
For some reason, I did not think of right-clicking, and I usually would have.
gvdv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:30 AM   #127
mrelwood

Hello all AmpEra fans, users and intrestees! This is a post I'd never thought I'd do.

I got an advertisement email from Audio Assault informing a sale on their latest version of their guitar amp simulator plugin Sigma v2. Normally $35, it now goes for $15.

Since I like to keep myself in the loop, I downloaded the demo to give it a go, completely expecting it to be just as forgettable as nearly all hi-gain amp sims have been to date. And medium and low gain amps as well in fact.

I played with it for a while, and in about 20 minutes after installing I went back online and bought the Sigma v2 for a laughable $15!!! My first ever amp sim purchase believe it or not!

Let that sink in. I'm a retired professional sound engineer and guitarist, and a hobbyist amp sim developer. And Sigma v2 is the first amp sim plugin I have found to be worth buying. THAT'S how much I love the dynamics, response, and big sounds I can EASILY get with it. No swapping virtual amp components or other time consuming tweaking. And despite the "metal tone" labeling, it is just as great for crunchy rock tones as well.

What about AmpEra then? Well, that's why I'm typing this. I got a severe momentary lack of motivation to continue, since I felt that I don't have the skills to make AmpEra worthy of it's free price tag when Sigma v2 can be had for a freakin' $15.

But I am now exploring the possibilities of AmpEra with a fresh view, since I finally have a solid reference point. I will try a few things and approaches, hoping that I would find a seed worth exploring further.

Meanwhile, I do suggest you check out the free demo (Win/Mac) in case Sigma v2 is something that might fit your needs as well.
https://audio-assault.com/sigma.php

Ps. I've never done advertising like this, because I've never gotten hit in the head by a plugin so great. But this is just my sincere opinion, and Audio-Assault or anyone else doesn't pay me anything to post this, nor do they even know.
Old 03-07-2021, 03:43 AM   #128
ivansc

Shame it is described as "smooth metal" when all I really want is amp sims that are capable of sounding like clean valve amps as well as all the distorted overdriven stuff.

Incidentally, belated apologies for my brain fart over yours being a JS plug!

Silly me.
Old 03-07-2021, 09:13 AM   #129
AncientArtifact

Quote:
Hello all AmpEra fans, users and intrestees! This is a post I'd never thought I'd do.

I got an advertisement email from Audio Assault informing a sale on their latest version of their guitar amp simulator plugin Sigma v2. Normally $35, it now goes for $15.

Since I like to keep myself in the loop, I downloaded the demo to give it a go, completely expecting it to be just as forgettable as nearly all hi-gain amp sims have been to date. And medium and low gain amps as well in fact.

I played with it for a while, and in about 20 minutes after installing I went back online and bought the Sigma v2 for a laughable $15!!! My first ever amp sim purchase believe it or not!

Let that sink in. I'm a retired professional sound engineer and guitarist, and a hobbyist amp sim developer. And Sigma v2 is the first amp sim plugin I have found to be worth buying. THAT'S how much I love the dynamics, response, and big sounds I can EASILY get with it. No swapping virtual amp components or other time consuming tweaking. And despite the "metal tone" labeling, it is just as great for crunchy rock tones as well.

What about AmpEra then? Well, that's why I'm typing this. I got a severe momentary lack of motivation to continue, since I felt that I don't have the skills to make AmpEra worthy of it's free price tag when Sigma v2 can be had for a freakin' $15.

But I am now exploring the possibilities of AmpEra with a fresh view, since I finally have a solid reference point. I will try a few things and approaches, hoping that I would find a seed worth exploring further.

Meanwhile, I do suggest you check out the free demo (Win/Mac) in case Sigma v2 is something that might fit your needs as well.
https://audio-assault.com/sigma.php

Ps. I've never done advertising like this, because I've never gotten hit in the head by a plugin so great. But this is just my sincere opinion, and Audio-Assault or anyone else doesn't pay me anything to post this, nor do they even know.
Thanks for the heads up mrelwood! The Sigma V2 is without a doubt one of the best amp sims I've ever tried. I bought it immediately. It sounds and looks great, comes with it's own cabinet and has nice IR's (and you can use your own IR's), noise gate, stomp boxes, equalizer, delay and reverb for only 15 bucks! Purchasing this was a no brainer.

Good luck on your journey working on AmpEra and I'll be looking forward to any updates in the future.
AncientArtifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #130
lucas_LCS

Quote:

[snip]

I'm interested, but does it require:
- activation?
- do they send you code or license?
- or were you able to just purchase, download, install it and then use without authorizing it?

::
Old 03-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #131
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
I'm interested, but does it require:
- activation?
- do they send you code or license?
- or were you able to just purchase, download, install it and then use without authorizing it?

::
When loading up the plug-in, it asks whether you want to authorize or use in demo mode. In demo mode saving of presets is disabled, and the plug-in goes offline after a while (can be simply clicked back online).

If I choose authorize, for online authorization it only asks for your Audio-Assault account, and you’re done! I didn’t check how the offline authorization works.

No separate activation software, no authorization code, no dongle.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #132
Fergler

AmpEra wins in my shootout...
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 11:39 PM   #133
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
AmpEra wins in my shootout...
That’s nice to hear, but just wait until you get your hands on the final version! Let me make a little teaser video for you!
Old 01-14-2022, 03:25 PM   #134
mrelwood

Quote:
That’s nice to hear, but just wait until you get your hands on the final version! Let me make a little teaser video for you!
Wow... It took me much longer to get to shooting the video than I planned! No matter, here it is!
AmpEra 0.999 (don't mind the old GUI) as it exists and sounds at this very moment!

Click the image to watch it on YouTube:

Old 01-14-2022, 10:52 PM   #135
enroe

Oops, that's a real teaser video! AmpEra sounds really fantastic -
it might become one of the best amp sims. Both the clean channel
and the heavy distortion have edge and bite. And the amp seems to
react extremely dynamically.

You make the release of version 1.0 very very exciting!

Old 01-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #136
Fabian

Quote:
Wow... It took me much longer to get to shooting the video than I planned! No matter, here it is!
AmpEra 0.999 (don't mind the old GUI) as it exists and sounds at this very moment!
*WoW* Sounds really great.
We are eagerly waiting for this.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:49 AM   #137
Onnick

Quote:

Click the image to watch it on YouTube:

We need a new version!!! ))) Some news about BAMP?
Onnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #138
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onnick View Post
We need a new version!!! ))) Some news about BAMP?
And a new version you shall get! You just need to be patient…

BAMP is having a new compressor getting tuned in, and I feel like I need to rethink the entire EQ section from the ground up. We shall see what I’ll come up with.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #139
Onnick

Quote:
And a new version you shall get! You just need to be patient…

BAMP is having a new compressor getting tuned in, and I feel like I need to rethink the entire EQ section from the ground up. We shall see what I’ll come up with.
Thank you.
Onnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 02:41 AM   #140
omopr

Default AmpEra 0v99

ahoi! mrelwood,

just for your information, i´ve tested AmpEra 0v99
with REAPER v4.402 and a Power Mac G5, 10.5.8, 2x2 GHz, 6 GB RAM.
But as excepted, it gave me an error code, see jpg.
;-)
Never mind, there still is JS: Amp/Cab Modeler, so i can load the AmpEra wavs in there.

Punk+Love tat

https://jehovatapperwer.bandcamp.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ampera.jpg (41.7 KB, 74 views)
omopr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 05:06 AM   #141
mrelwood

Quote:
=omopr;2551573]just for your information, i´ve tested AmpEra 0v99
with REAPER v4.402
Yes, Ampera uses several REAPER functions that require a much newer version of REAPER. Truth be told, I would’ve thought that no-one in the whole world still uses a version of REAPER that old!

I do suggest updating, it has only gotten better, one version after another.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:34 PM   #142
Fergler

Very much desiring to play with that Fat slider
Fergler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 05:59 AM   #143
mschnell

Seems like a great sounding Guitar Amp Simulation.

It would be very interesting to run it together with other appropriate JSFX effects in Reaper on a RasPi to have a tiny and cheap self contained Guitar "thing".

A friend of mine sometimes uses a Laptop with Reaper and NI GuitarRig, controlled by a Midi Pedal board for just this. With AmpEra his setup would be a lot more slick.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 07-16-2022 at 02:48 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2022, 10:20 AM   #144
Philbo King

An amazing achievement!
Sounds great!
Old 07-17-2022, 12:49 AM   #145
mrelwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergler View Post
Very much desiring to play with that Fat slider
I should publish a statement that the amount the Fat slider is adjusted to doesn't actually change the users physique in any way...