Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 11-30-2021, 03:42 AM   #2001
Bikestuff
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by moss View Post
Seems the MIDI ports are somehow not released when you close Reaper.
Please check again that the APC ports are disabled in the Reaper MIDI settings.
Do you have other devices registered (which might be disabled) which accidently might have the APC ports set?
From Midi ID in reaper there were no overlapings to other devices.
Therefore I can't tell if other divices occupy Midi Ports.

Inspired by your suggestions, my approach (that lead to success finally): I've deleted all Midi Devices in Reaper and started from scratch, first was the APC to bind.
After that, I've re-added more and more devices and until now it seems to work again.

After a restart of reaper the APC works as expected.
Perhaps reaper was a bit puzzled...

So thanks for supporting and thank you for maintaining such a great Software.

Bis dann, Wolfgang
Bikestuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 05:06 AM   #2002
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikestuff View Post
From Midi ID in reaper there were no overlapings to other devices.
Therefore I can't tell if other divices occupy Midi Ports.

Inspired by your suggestions, my approach (that lead to success finally): I've deleted all Midi Devices in Reaper and started from scratch, first was the APC to bind.
After that, I've re-added more and more devices and until now it seems to work again.

After a restart of reaper the APC works as expected.
Perhaps reaper was a bit puzzled...

So thanks for supporting and thank you for maintaining such a great Software.

Bis dann, Wolfgang

Great that you could solve it!
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 08:12 AM   #2003
Niall D

Default Push 2 User Midi CC in Reaper

Hi all.

This could be something simple I'm doing wrong....

I'm trying to map the push 2, 8 knobs, in the 8 pages available after pressing the user button as described in the manual in section 4.3 heading 9 (user)

This section specifically says 'Bitwig'

Is this functionality not available in Reaper? As it doesn't seem to work by right clicking and parameter and selecting 'learn'.

p.s. I also +1 for a donation page

Last edited by Niall D; 12-01-2021 at 08:23 AM. Reason: More info
Niall D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #2004
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 15.2.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • All devices
    • New: Improved handling of MIDI devices. Missing devices (e.g. if turned off or not connected) are no longer overwritten in the settings. Missing devices are shown as missing in the selection box. Devices are sorted alphabetically. When 'Rescan' is pressed and a missing device shows up it is selected. Controllers with missing devices are not started. Missing or not configured ports are shown in the log.
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: New functions to select device parameter pages 1-8.
  • Launchpad
    • New: Added option to choose action for pressing an empty clip on a record enabled track.
  • Mackie HUI
    • New: Added 'New Clip Length' setting to be used with footwswitch and function-keys commands 'New Button' and 'Clip Based looper'.

Enjoy!
Old 12-02-2021, 01:25 AM   #2005
TonE

Does your tool support Reason Mode? I mean can Reason Mode events on a given midi channel, for example midi channel 15, be used for doing useful stuff in Reaper?
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 02:15 AM   #2006
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niall D View Post
Hi all.

This could be something simple I'm doing wrong....

I'm trying to map the push 2, 8 knobs, in the 8 pages available after pressing the user button as described in the manual in section 4.3 heading 9 (user)

This section specifically says 'Bitwig'

Is this functionality not available in Reaper? As it doesn't seem to work by right clicking and parameter and selecting 'learn'.

p.s. I also +1 for a donation page
The user pages can be used with track parameters in Reaper. Please see the "Known Issues" section in the manual.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:16 AM   #2007
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Does your tool support Reason Mode? I mean can Reason Mode events on a given midi channel, for example midi channel 15, be used for doing useful stuff in Reaper?
I have no idea what "Reason Mode" is. So, I guess no.
Old 12-02-2021, 12:42 PM   #2008
TonE

Quote:
I have no idea what "Reason Mode" is. So, I guess no.
Bitstream 3X supports Reason Mode for example.

Propellerheads Reason Mode

In addition to the standard mode, the Bitstream 3X features a dedicated Reason mode, compliant with the Propellerheads remote technology, available from Reason version 3 and higher.

The Bitstream 3X is automatically detected and configured to fully control all Reason devices, with absolutely no programming.

Once the Bitstream 3X group is changed, the controlled device in Reason is also automatically changed, so the user has all knobs, sliders, buttons, infrared, .. available for each device in Reason.

This Reason mode also features the jump-less hook mode available for all Wave Idea MIDI controllers.
(pasted from: http://www.technoboard.at/lofiversio...hp?t21528.html)
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 02:14 AM   #2009
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
Bitstream 3X supports Reason Mode for example.

Propellerheads Reason Mode

In addition to the standard mode, the Bitstream 3X features a dedicated Reason mode, compliant with the Propellerheads remote technology, available from Reason version 3 and higher.

The Bitstream 3X is automatically detected and configured to fully control all Reason devices, with absolutely no programming.

Once the Bitstream 3X group is changed, the controlled device in Reason is also automatically changed, so the user has all knobs, sliders, buttons, infrared, .. available for each device in Reason.

This Reason mode also features the jump-less hook mode available for all Wave Idea MIDI controllers.
(pasted from: http://www.technoboard.at/lofiversio...hp?t21528.html)
Ah, I see. This is on the same level as the Reaper or Bitwig API. To make this work one would need to simulate the Reason API as well as integrate a LUA interpreter. Definitively possible but a huge amount of work for a very limited (feature wise) result. To make transport and some controls work you can always use the Generic Flexi, which is part of DrivenByMoss.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:24 PM   #2010
Niall D

Quote:
The user pages can be used with track parameters in Reaper. Please see the "Known Issues" section in the manual.
Ah-Ha! I had read that but it didn't quite click with me then. I get it now.
The feature is actually way better than I thought it was now. I thought the 8x8 was project wide, but now it's per track. I am soooo much happier to be away from bloaty Ableton now
Thanks Moss - U legend U !
Niall D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:07 PM   #2011
moss

DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper 15.2.1 is online!

Please get this important hot fix:

* Fixed: Devices with empty MIDI input or output ports could not be configured.

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
Old 12-11-2021, 03:41 PM   #2012
Muzl

Hi Moss,

first of all thank you so much for making the integration of so many controllers possible. I have one issue though.

My setup:
- Latest reaper version
- Latest DrivenByMoss version
- Maschine Mikro Mk3 Controller

When in keyboard mode hitting the 4th and the 5th pad triggers the exact same tone. 4th pad is the far right one in the lowest row. 5th pad is the far left one in the second lowest row. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Muzl
Muzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:18 AM   #2013
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzl View Post
Hi Moss,

first of all thank you so much for making the integration of so many controllers possible. I have one issue though.

My setup:
- Latest reaper version
- Latest DrivenByMoss version
- Maschine Mikro Mk3 Controller

When in keyboard mode hitting the 4th and the 5th pad triggers the exact same tone. 4th pad is the far right one in the lowest row. 5th pad is the far left one in the second lowest row. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Muzl
Yes, this is how it is supposed to work. The default layout goes up by 4 semi-tones. This way it is easy to play chords.
If you press "Keyboard" again you get several configuration options for the layout. To have it simply go up chromatically enable "In Key" and set layout to "Seqent^". These settings are stored with the project.
You can also see and change these settings if you click on "Project" from the DrivenByMoss configuration dialog. You can also assign a keyboard shortcut to open this dialog in Reapers' action settings.
Old 12-14-2021, 09:11 PM   #2014
baltimega

thank you for this! will the MPC settings work with the new MPC Studio 2?

Also, this may be asking for a lot, I see you do some things with Live. Is it possible to have the Novation Circuits (Tracks, Rhythm, or even the original) act like a Launchpad for scene launching?

Thanks!
baltimega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:16 AM   #2015
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by baltimega View Post
thank you for this! will the MPC settings work with the new MPC Studio 2?
No. That is a completely different device and AFAIK works only with the MPC software.

Quote:
Also, this may be asking for a lot, I see you do some things with Live. Is it possible to have the Novation Circuits (Tracks, Rhythm, or even the original) act like a Launchpad for scene launching?
I do not have any of the Circuits devices.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:05 PM   #2016
baltimega

Quote:
No. That is a completely different device and AFAIK works only with the MPC software.

I do not have any of the Circuits devices.
okay. thanks for the response!

Also, do you know of any issues with the new Reaper version 6.43? I upgraded and it no longer seems to work with my Akai Fire and Launchkey Mini.

Thanks again
baltimega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 09:32 AM   #2017
moss

Quote:
okay. thanks for the response!

Also, do you know of any issues with the new Reaper version 6.43? I upgraded and it no longer seems to work with my Akai Fire and Launchkey Mini.

Thanks again
None, that I am aware of.
Old 12-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #2018
Bottstaedter

Default Icon Qcon Pro G2

Hey guys,
I'm using an Icon Qcon Pro G2 as a controller for Reaper.
I installed the "DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper".
It works even better than with Pro Tools.
When I close Reaper and I open it up again it has no connection to the Icon.
I have to go to preferences, choose "DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper" and edit.
I have to remove my controller and add it again. Then it works again.

Any ideas????
Thank you...
Bottstaedter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:43 AM   #2019
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottstaedter View Post
Hey guys,
I'm using an Icon Qcon Pro G2 as a controller for Reaper.
I installed the "DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper".
It works even better than with Pro Tools.
When I close Reaper and I open it up again it has no connection to the Icon.
I have to go to preferences, choose "DrivenByMoss 4 Reaper" and edit.
I have to remove my controller and add it again. Then it works again.

Any ideas????
Thank you...
Do you see any exceptions in the log window when you restart?
Old 12-27-2021, 09:51 AM   #2020
Bottstaedter

Quote:
Do you see any exceptions in the log window when you restart?
No, I don't see any exceptions...
Bottstaedter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2021, 09:22 AM   #2021
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottstaedter View Post
No, I don't see any exceptions...
Sorry, no real idea. Could be USB cable, hub or their drivers.
Old 12-30-2021, 06:46 PM   #2022
pcp

I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or user error, but I have lately had a problem with User Parameters not showing up on my Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk1 keyboard. Pretty sure it used to work OK, and still does work as expected on my Push Mk1, but the S49 Mk1 only shows the (many) device banks on its parameter page instead of the ones in Track Controls.

I'm running Reaper 6.43 on Windows 11 with both devices attached. I have disabled NI Host Integration and NTK Daemon services, and tried different USB ports. This happens with both NI and non-NI plugins. I've also confirmed it in a fresh REAPER portable installation to rule out any weirdness from scripts or non-default preferences. And I've reinstalled both DBM and the firmware/drivers for the KK Mk1, but with no luck.

If I add the last touched parameter to track controls with my usual keyboard shortcut, it shows up immediately on the Push, but the KK Mk1 continues to show instead page after page of banks drawn from the plugin's device parameter list.

I've tried with track chunks disabled and enabled, and with 'Exclude deactivated items' on and off, but neither option changes the behaviour.

All other functions seem to work fine on the keyboard - scales, arp, browser, tracks, volume etc all perfect.

Anyway thanks Moss for all the updates to this fantastic script!
pcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 03:20 AM   #2023
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
I'm not 100% sure if this is a bug or user error, but I have lately had a problem with User Parameters not showing up on my Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk1 keyboard. Pretty sure it used to work OK, and still does work as expected on my Push Mk1, but the S49 Mk1 only shows the (many) device banks on its parameter page instead of the ones in Track Controls.

I'm running Reaper 6.43 on Windows 11 with both devices attached. I have disabled NI Host Integration and NTK Daemon services, and tried different USB ports. This happens with both NI and non-NI plugins. I've also confirmed it in a fresh REAPER portable installation to rule out any weirdness from scripts or non-default preferences. And I've reinstalled both DBM and the firmware/drivers for the KK Mk1, but with no luck.

If I add the last touched parameter to track controls with my usual keyboard shortcut, it shows up immediately on the Push, but the KK Mk1 continues to show instead page after page of banks drawn from the plugin's device parameter list.

I've tried with track chunks disabled and enabled, and with 'Exclude deactivated items' on and off, but neither option changes the behaviour.

All other functions seem to work fine on the keyboard - scales, arp, browser, tracks, volume etc all perfect.

Anyway thanks Moss for all the updates to this fantastic script!
The Kontrol MkI does not have a User mode, therefore it is not surprising that it does not work :-)
Old 12-31-2021, 05:51 AM   #2024
pcp

Aha, well that certainly would explain it ). Could have sworn it worked before but I must have been running NKS instruments (and I normally map the track parameters to the 8 KK macros). D'oh.
pcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:13 AM   #2025
Mukucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcp View Post
Aha, well that certainly would explain it ). Could have sworn it worked before but I must have been running NKS instruments (and I normally map the track parameters to the 8 KK macros). D'oh.
The mk1 have user mode. but you can only acces it if the NI services are running in the background.

I menaged to use my keyboard with DBM without disabling those services
by changeing the komplete kontrol Audio unit plugin so it don't recognises my keyboard.
Mukucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:53 AM   #2026
moss

Happy new year!

DrivenByMoss 15.3.0 is online! Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi
    • New: Support for MPE.
  • Launchpad
    • New: If 'Fixed Accent' is active the loop/clip length area now shows 15 velocities. The selected velocity is used when enabling a note in the sequencer.
  • Push 1/2
    • New: If 'Accent' is active the loop/clip length area now shows 16 velocities. The selected velocity is used when enabling a note in the sequencer.

Enjoy!
Old 01-02-2022, 04:45 PM   #2027
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Thank's moss.

After the push 1, I try your driver with a Behringer X-touch. it works pretty well ! But I have some questions:
forgive me if this has already been asked; in mackie control mode with an X-touch, I don't have the possibility to use the marker button. Besides, as all the buttons of the modify part which contains shift, control, option and alt seem to be assigned to other functions but I can't find what they are.
Old 01-03-2022, 02:10 AM   #2028
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
Thank's moss.

After the push 1, I try your driver with a Behringer X-touch. it works pretty well ! But I have some questions:
forgive me if this has already been asked; in mackie control mode with an X-touch, I don't have the possibility to use the marker button. Besides, as all the buttons of the modify part which contains shift, control, option and alt seem to be assigned to other functions but I can't find what they are.
All MCU functions provided by DrivenByMoss incl. the button combinations are documented in the manual. Up to my knowledge, the X-touch has an editor for the MCU user mode, this should allow you to check which button is actually sending which MCU command.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:34 AM   #2029
direct-veterinarian

Hi Moss

Using Reaper + Push 2, is it possible to enable note previews when selecting notes in non-poly melodic Sequencer, without playing the whole clip?

Also, do you have Patreon or something? I find DrivenByMoss really useful and would like to support it!

Thanks.
direct-veterinarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 09:31 PM   #2030
garyfwayne

Default thanks

Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work. It's amazing.
garyfwayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:23 AM   #2031
Vincent Sermonne
Petit manitou

Quote:
All MCU functions provided by DrivenByMoss incl. the button combinations are documented in the manual. Up to my knowledge, the X-touch has an editor for the MCU user mode, this should allow you to check which button is actually sending which MCU command.
ooops yes off course the doc into the archive, sorry !!
I saw the xtouch user preset but It's not possible to select it.
Maybe a detail forgotten ?
in short this minimal configuration suits me, I find it sufficient for my use of the xtouch, I thank you moss
Old 01-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #2032
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct-veterinarian View Post
Hi Moss

Using Reaper + Push 2, is it possible to enable note previews when selecting notes in non-poly melodic Sequencer, without playing the whole clip?
Sorry, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct-veterinarian View Post
Also, do you have Patreon or something? I find DrivenByMoss really useful and would like to support it!
No need to :-) If you want you can check out my music projects.
Old 01-06-2022, 09:32 AM   #2033
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyfwayne View Post
Just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work. It's amazing.
Thank you!
Old 01-06-2022, 09:32 AM   #2034
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Sermonne View Post
ooops yes off course the doc into the archive, sorry !!
I saw the xtouch user preset but It's not possible to select it.
Maybe a detail forgotten ?
in short this minimal configuration suits me, I find it sufficient for my use of the xtouch, I thank you moss
The preset is for the X-Touch One, don't select this or you will have the 1 fader configuration.
Old 01-06-2022, 05:01 PM   #2035
codyd

Default Reaper M32

Hello, so I was able to get the Komplete M32 running, but, only the lights for play, rec, stop, shift, loop, octave, M/S. But all the other buttons, such as "undo" etc. the light does not come on, and it also doesnt recognize anything if I try to set a midi control, action for the button, yet I can assign the buttons with the lights on to anything. The knobs also work for cc control. any ideas how to get the other buttons working, or the light to come on?

Okay so strange, when I open the OSC, I can now get the Undo, Quantize, Metro, Tempo, and Track button lights to come on and they work, but now I get the message "The following MIDI inputs could not be opened:
KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI
Komplete Kontrol M DAW
The following MIDI outputs could not be opened:
Komplete Kontrol M DAW"

But that wouldn't come on before when the lights were not on.

Last edited by codyd; 01-06-2022 at 05:09 PM.
codyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:15 AM   #2036
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyd View Post
Hello, so I was able to get the Komplete M32 running, but, only the lights for play, rec, stop, shift, loop, octave, M/S. But all the other buttons, such as "undo" etc. the light does not come on, and it also doesnt recognize anything if I try to set a midi control, action for the button, yet I can assign the buttons with the lights on to anything. The knobs also work for cc control. any ideas how to get the other buttons working, or the light to come on?

Okay so strange, when I open the OSC, I can now get the Undo, Quantize, Metro, Tempo, and Track button lights to come on and they work, but now I get the message "The following MIDI inputs could not be opened:
KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI
Komplete Kontrol M DAW
The following MIDI outputs could not be opened:
Komplete Kontrol M DAW"

But that wouldn't come on before when the lights were not on.
Please check if you did disable all these ports in the Reaper MIDI settings.
Old 01-07-2022, 09:20 AM   #2037
codyd

Quote:
Please check if you did disable all these ports in the Reaper MIDI settings.
Yes I checked they are all enabled. Its interesting when I opened reaper today, its back to the original, just the loop, play, record, stop lights are on. And when I enter the OSC, it wont get the Undo light to come on anymore, unlike yesterday, how strange.

I wonder if its because I installed komplete kontrol or reakontrol before everything, before I installed moss. I removed all files from all pathways though from both. hmmm...

Okay, I made sure to uninstall all the drivers from komplete. I also noticed, all the lights come on initially when I plug in the m32, but then it reverts to a "template 1 midi mode", as shown on the m32 display.

Update: Went with ReaKontrol... the main issue before with reakontrol was I wasn't able to assign the knobs to cc program change, they were automatically set to change the volume, but if I went in komplete kontrol, and used a different template (template 2) instead of the original template, now I can assign all the knobs for cc automation. Oh thank god!

So yes, the m32 is now working with Reaper undo knob etc.., what a relief. Thank you though!

Last edited by codyd; 01-07-2022 at 01:22 PM.
codyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 04:22 AM   #2038
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyd View Post
Yes I checked they are all enabled.
You need to DISABLE them.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:53 AM   #2039
Jaradical

Hi,

I just started using DrivenByMoss4Reaper with a Novation SL MKIII. I'm running on Linux with Ubuntu Studio 20.04 using Jack as a backend. I'm a relatively new Reaper user too.

First off, thanks for releasing this, it's pretty neat what you can do with it.

I'd like to share how I got this working and my use model - it might be helpful for others, and perhaps they can point out what I could do differently/better.

First - I was having trouble getting the SL MKIII's midi devices to open in the DrivenByMoss config screen. Even though the devices were disabled in the Reaper Midi Device section, DrivenByMoss couldn't open them. The solution to this was to uncheck "Bridge ALSA to Jack MIDI (turn on a2jmidid)" in Ubuntu Studio Controls. This turns off alsa to jack midi bridging and then releases the devices so DrivenByMoss can then open them, and everything was working as expected.

However, I still want to sequence some things from Reaper via the SL MKIII - especially via the output ports 3,4 and 5. (DIN1, DIN2 and CV channels on the MKIII). To do this, after you've launched Reaper and can see DrivenByMoss working, you have to open a terminal and launch "a2jmidid -e". Because DrivenByMoss already holds the devices it wants open, a2jmidid can't open them, so it doesn't interfere, but then I can enable the ports 3,4 and 5 in Reaper and send MIDI to them.

Is it possible to have DrivenByMoss execute something like that after it has started up?

Now, I'm trying to understand how best to use the transport control to line everything up i.e. MIDI sequences and/or audio in Reaper and the sequencer on the SL MKIII. From what I gather I need to be in InControl to start the transport, but this doesn't start or stop the sequencer on the SL MKIII. Would it be possible to get some kind of count-in going when I hit record/play in InControl to start Reaper up, then I'd have time to switch back and launch the SL MKIII sequencer? Or am I thinking about it the wrong way and there's a better way to do this?

Cheers
Jaradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 05:51 AM   #2040
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaradical View Post
Hi,

I just started using DrivenByMoss4Reaper with a Novation SL MKIII. I'm running on Linux with Ubuntu Studio 20.04 using Jack as a backend. I'm a relatively new Reaper user too.

First off, thanks for releasing this, it's pretty neat what you can do with it.

I'd like to share how I got this working and my use model - it might be helpful for others, and perhaps they can point out what I could do differently/better.

First - I was having trouble getting the SL MKIII's midi devices to open in the DrivenByMoss config screen. Even though the devices were disabled in the Reaper Midi Device section, DrivenByMoss couldn't open them. The solution to this was to uncheck "Bridge ALSA to Jack MIDI (turn on a2jmidid)" in Ubuntu Studio Controls. This turns off alsa to jack midi bridging and then releases the devices so DrivenByMoss can then open them, and everything was working as expected.

However, I still want to sequence some things from Reaper via the SL MKIII - especially via the output ports 3,4 and 5. (DIN1, DIN2 and CV channels on the MKIII). To do this, after you've launched Reaper and can see DrivenByMoss working, you have to open a terminal and launch "a2jmidid -e". Because DrivenByMoss already holds the devices it wants open, a2jmidid can't open them, so it doesn't interfere, but then I can enable the ports 3,4 and 5 in Reaper and send MIDI to them.

Is it possible to have DrivenByMoss execute something like that after it has started up?

Now, I'm trying to understand how best to use the transport control to line everything up i.e. MIDI sequences and/or audio in Reaper and the sequencer on the SL MKIII. From what I gather I need to be in InControl to start the transport, but this doesn't start or stop the sequencer on the SL MKIII. Would it be possible to get some kind of count-in going when I hit record/play in InControl to start Reaper up, then I'd have time to switch back and launch the SL MKIII sequencer? Or am I thinking about it the wrong way and there's a better way to do this?

Cheers
Not sure if it possible with Reaper. You need to have Reaper as the master. You can try if the SL receives MIDI clock messages sent via the ports 3, 4 or 5.