Old 04-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #1
Human being with feelings
K8ch's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New England
Posts: 264
Default Presets say "input" or "send"....


I really thought I understood the concept of setting up send/returns for reverb (for example).
But, I recently downloaded/installed a bunch of presets for ReaVerbate, only to find some of the say something like: "input -drum" or "send - doubler" or "sink - vocal fattener"...and even "$ - guitar".

How are they supposed to be used?
I assume "insert" is for an effect preset that's best uses as an insert directly on a track.
The "send -whatever" presets are meant to be used on a send/return track.
Is this correct?

What about "sink"? And the "$"?


(aka K8ch)
(aka Keith Haydon)
K8ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 02:59 PM   #2
Human being with feelings
insub's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Louisville, KY, USA
Posts: 1,030

You'd probably have to talk to the preset creator to know what they mean by their naming scheme. There may be notes about them where you downloaded from, or they may only have significance to the creator themselves.

Whether to use them as insert or send fx is really up to the user and the specific scenario.

Sink & $ may be call signs of the preset creators to identify who made the preset.
Everything you need to know about samplerates and oversampling... maybe!
My Essential FREE 64bit VST Effects, ReaEQ Presets for Instruments
Windows 10 64 bit; MOTU 828 MKII, Audio Express, & 8PRE; Behringer ADA8000
insub is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.