Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 08-19-2020, 07:19 AM   #1
bloke1
Human being with feelings

Default Maschine Mikro MK3 transport operation anomalies

Good Evening All,

I'm hopeless with technology - takes me so long to learn things and always left scratching my head and half understanding, (though sometimes good results materialize.)

I got Maschine Mikro MK3 yesterday and its going ok - I'm ONLY using it in midi mode, and not even entertaining the thought of learning another DAW atm, (Reaper doesn't really suit my personality but when you've used something for so long the thought of change is onerous.)

So I hit, "stop on the Mikro" and discovered it mutes the master fader and then the scroll wheel moves the master volume. I thought you had to implement the HUI / Mackie protocol to get control over any of those types of features, (I've got it installed in my midi keyboard.)

Or are you simultaneously affecting Reaper's cc's when pressing those things?

And why is it so difficult to implement the forward and back button on Reaper with control devices?

Sorry - a few moving parts to this thrad.
bloke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:55 AM   #2
moss

DrivenByMoss fully supports the Mikro Mk3 with much more options than mapping MIDI mode yourself. Take a look here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1988209

The included manual contains detailed installation instructions.
moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 01:18 AM   #3
bloke1

I'd started to read about this "driven by moss" business, (which is presumably you) but wanted to avoid being sucked down the Reaper rabbit whole, (which rarely ends well for personalities like me) beause the principle reason for the purchase of the Mikro was for a good dedicated, "drum pad" device to be used exclusively in midi mode for programming drums. However I did want to have a go at beat slicing in Maschine as I've found it to be a pain in Reaper and with that I then got thinking...

In a project it's not like you are drumming all the time so maybe when you are drumming to a VST or samples etc put the Mikro in midi mode and then when you are done with that task, and want more flexibility maneuvering around a project and editing etc, utilize the functionality of the Mikro's other state, (I don't even know what its called:the UNmidi mode).

Will check it out more thoroughly though really want to understand how Maschine works, (in the philosophical sense) before incorrectly implementing a bunch of other stuff.
bloke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 04:49 AM   #4
moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloke1 View Post
I'd started to read about this "driven by moss" business, (which is presumably you) but wanted to avoid being sucked down the Reaper rabbit whole, (which rarely ends well for personalities like me) beause the principle reason for the purchase of the Mikro was for a good dedicated, "drum pad" device to be used exclusively in midi mode for programming drums. However I did want to have a go at beat slicing in Maschine as I've found it to be a pain in Reaper and with that I then got thinking...

In a project it's not like you are drumming all the time so maybe when you are drumming to a VST or samples etc put the Mikro in midi mode and then when you are done with that task, and want more flexibility maneuvering around a project and editing etc, utilize the functionality of the Mikro's other state, (I don't even know what its called:the UNmidi mode).

Will check it out more thoroughly though really want to understand how Maschine works, (in the philosophical sense) before incorrectly implementing a bunch of other stuff.
If you want to keep it simple start with using the Maschine software without anything else until you understand how that works. The way how Maschine integrates into a DAW is highly complicated and involves a lot of head scratching...
moss is offline   Reply With Quote