Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 02-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #6921
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Nothing happens in respect to RGB or feedback.

Code:
Widget Play
    Press B1 0F 7F
    FB_MFT_RGB af 0f 7f
WidgetEnd
Code:
Zone "Buttons|"
        Play Play { 0 25 255 0 189 255 }
ZoneEnd
The default colors I setup in the MIDI Fighter Twister Utility for that button are Purple (off) and Green (on). Using standard two-state feedback in CSI, they'll alternate between these two accordingly.

Right now, with the above setup, it's still using the default two colors, but the green only flashes momentarily as play is depressed. No color related feedback getting from CSI to the MFTwister.
Yes, the 1 and 0 cases should work fine.

Let's try this:

Code:
Widget Play
    Press B1 0F 7F
    FB_MFT_RGB B0 0F 7F
WidgetEnd
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #6922
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yes, the 1 and 0 cases should work fine.

Let's try this:

Code:
Widget Play
    Press B1 0F 7F
    FB_MFT_RGB B0 0F 7F
WidgetEnd
It's working now! I'm able to transmit different colors and it's correctly handling the feedback states.

Do colors just need to be transmitted on B0 for button states?
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:59 PM   #6923
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KroniK907 View Post
I'm looking to expand the capabilities of my control surface, but primarily I'm looking to find a good way to assign tracks to specific faders on my control surface. Is there an existing implementation of this concept? I have a thorough concept for what I would like to see but I'm curious what might already exist here in this plugin.
Hi, can you tell us a little more about:

1. Your control surface (which model) and

2. What specifically you're trying to accomplish with CSI? What do you mean when you say "assign tracks to specific faders?" CSI would let you assign the current track to a single fader, or assign tracks to banks of multiple faders...it's pretty flexible.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:11 PM   #6924
KroniK907

Quote:
Hi, can you tell us a little more about:

1. Your control surface (which model) and

2. What specifically you're trying to accomplish with CSI? What do you mean when you say "assign tracks to specific faders?" CSI would let you assign the current track to a single fader, or assign tracks to banks of multiple faders...it's pretty flexible.
I have an Allen & Heath QU-16 mixer that can also act as a control surface. Currently I'm using their "Daw Controll" system that uses the Mackie protocol, but that is super inflexible.

Here is the outline for what I want a plugin to do:

Modes:

- Hierarchy mode
--- When I select a top level track or folder, all top level tracks or folders are assigned to a fader up to the fader limit. No child tracks/folders are assigned.
--- Repeat the above but for each subsequent hierarchy level. So if I select a subfolder or track inside a folder, all subfolders or tracks on the same level (but limited to within the parent folder) are assigned a midi input/output up to the fader limit. If any of these have child tracks or folders, those child tracks/folders are ignored.

- Folders/tracks Mode
--- If a folder is selected all folders are assigned, up to the fader limit starting with the first folder in the project (no tracks). Hierarchy is completely disregarded.
--- if a track is selected, all tracks are assigned, up to the fader limit starting with the first track in the project (no folders). Hierarchy is completely disregarded.
--- Only trigger the assignments if a track is selected but folders are what is currently assigned, and visa versa.

I'd then like the following actions to be set up such that I can assign a key bind to them, as well as a gui that has each of these options as a button:

- Mode Select
- Assign next X tracks (defined by number of faders on console) in the current hierarchy, or not if only folders or only tracks mode is selected. Essentially a page up/down button
- Set currently selected track as fader 1 and then assign the following tracks in the same hierarchy sequentially (if tracks/folders mode is enabled then disregard hierarchy and use the same logic just with folders or tracks). Ideally this would be a toggle, so it either does this every time or never depending on if this option is toggled.
- Sticky a track to a specific fader (There is a way to choose the fader)
- Save the existing fader layout (save to a file)
- Load a saved fader layout
- freeze current layout (dont re-assign fader when a track/folder is selected)
- Un-freeze current layout

Other little specs:

- When assigning channels automatically by selecting a track or folder, skip stickied tracks & faders.
- Check project file name when loading a saved fader layout and provide a warning if the current project name does not match the project name in use when the layout was saved
- Generate a button on the GUI for each saved layout for the current project
- If a track/folder is selected and there are more tracks/folders than the max number of faders before it, set channel 1 to a track/folder above the selected track/folder that is a multiple of the available number of faders + 1.

When I say fader, I specifically mean a full fader strip including mute/select/solo buttons.

Last edited by KroniK907; 02-23-2020 at 06:28 PM.
KroniK907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:17 PM   #6925
KroniK907

Some of what I describe could be done with a different mode structure, but if using reapers folders essentially as DCAs then this works nicely. However if you are not using folders as DCAs then a way to control just DCAs vs tracks would be nice, but there is much less configuration necessary when there is an obvious difference between a folder and a track without any user configuration. Needing to assign which tracks are DCAs FX etc can work but requires setup. Having folders just automatically being their own thing in reaper makes it easy to differentiate without needing a user to specify what is a DCA and what is not.

I put the above in a plugin request post so the wording is more firm than what is appropriate for a feature request here but it was easier to copy/paste.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #6926
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
It's working now! I'm able to transmit different colors and it's correctly handling the feedback states.

Do colors just need to be transmitted on B0 for button states?
Cool, I just put up a build that fixes (hopefully) that B0 problem, I misinterpreted the spec.

So you should be able to use B1 in both the Press and FB_MFT_RGB.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #6927
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Fix for MFT RGB.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:33 PM   #6928
Funkybot

KroniK907, those are highly specific requests. I'll let Geoff or someone else more experienced chime in on some of the detailed capabilities you describe.

That said, there's an option in CSI called "Track Visibility on Surface follows" and you have two options: 1)Mixer Control Panel, or 2) Track Control Panel. CSI also allows you to bind controls on your surface to specific Reaper actions. So if you could say, create custom Reaper actions to only show folder tracks, or only show child tracks in one of those two views, in theory, the surface should be able to follow those actions. Example: you create an action for "Folder Tracks Only MCP View," bind it to a button on your surface, then press that button when you want folder tracks, your MCP only shows folder tracks and your surface only shows folder tracks. Now create a "Child Tracks Only MCP View" action, assign it to a button, and now you can alternate between folder and child tracks. Create another view for all tracks, and assign that action to your surface. I haven't tried it myself, but seems like it should work based on my understanding of CSI.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #6929
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
I have an Allen & Heath QU-16 mixer that can also act as a control surface. Currently I'm using their "Daw Controll" system that uses the Mackie protocol, but that is super inflexible.

Here is the outline for what I want a plugin to do:

Modes:

- Hierarchy mode
--- When I select a top level track or folder, all top level tracks or folders are assigned to a fader up to the fader limit. No child tracks/folders are assigned.
--- Repeat the above but for each subsequent hierarchy level. So if I select a subfolder or track inside a folder, all subfolders or tracks on the same level (but limited to within the parent folder) are assigned a midi input/output up to the fader limit. If any of these have child tracks or folders, those child tracks/folders are ignored.

- Folders/tracks Mode
--- If a folder is selected all folders are assigned, up to the fader limit starting with the first folder in the project (no tracks). Hierarchy is completely disregarded.
--- if a track is selected, all tracks are assigned, up to the fader limit starting with the first track in the project (no folders). Hierarchy is completely disregarded.
--- Only trigger the assignments if a track is selected but folders are what is currently assigned, and visa versa.
CSI does not currently support folders, but that feature is planned.

Quote:
I'd then like the following actions to be set up such that I can assign a key bind to them, as well as a gui that has each of these options as a button:

- Mode Select
- Assign next X tracks (defined by number of faders on console) in the current hierarchy, or not if only folders or only tracks mode is selected. Essentially a page up/down button
- Set currently selected track as fader 1 and then assign the following tracks in the same hierarchy sequentially (if tracks/folders mode is enabled then disregard hierarchy and use the same logic just with folders or tracks). Ideally this would be a toggle, so it either does this every time or never depending on if this option is toggled.
- Sticky a track to a specific fader (There is a way to choose the fader)
- Save the existing fader layout (save to a file)
- Load a saved fader layout
- freeze current layout (dont re-assign fader when a track/folder is selected)
- Un-freeze current layout

Other little specs:

- When assigning channels automatically by selecting a track or folder, skip stickied tracks & faders.
- Check project file name when loading a saved fader layout and provide a warning if the current project name does not match the project name in use when the layout was saved
- Generate a button on the GUI for each saved layout for the current project
- If a track/folder is selected and there are more tracks/folders than the max number of faders before it, set channel 1 to a track/folder above the selected track/folder that is a multiple of the available number of faders + 1.

When I say fader, I specifically mean a full fader strip including mute/select/solo buttons.
You can do a lot of the things you mention, where you say Sticky, CSI says Pinned, things like that.

What is the protocol (not Mackie) for the Allen & Heath QU-16 ?
Old 02-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #6930
Funkybot

Quote:
New build is up.

Fix for MFT RGB.
Bingo! Looks like it's working as expected now. Amazing!
Old 02-23-2020, 06:40 PM   #6931
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Bingo! Looks like it's working as expected now. Amazing!
Cool, now that it works, do you want to add FB_MFT_RGB to the Feedback Processors section in the wiki ?
Old 02-23-2020, 06:50 PM   #6932
Funkybot

Quote:
Cool, now that it works, do you want to add FB_MFT_RGB to the Feedback Processors section in the wiki ?
Haha! Already done!

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...iki/FB_MFT_RGB

...Also added some additional details to the Encoder page to cover EncoderPlainReverse. I see you already included reference to that one on the message generators page.

Last edited by Funkybot; 02-23-2020 at 06:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:08 PM   #6933
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Haha! Already done!

https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea...iki/FB_MFT_RGB

...Also added some additional details to the Encoder page to cover EncoderPlainReverse. I see you already included reference to that one on the message generators page.
Haha, excellent
Old 02-23-2020, 07:19 PM   #6934
KroniK907

Quote:
CSI does not currently support folders, but that feature is planned.

You can do a lot of the things you mention, where you say Sticky, CSI says Pinned, things like that.

What is the protocol (not Mackie) for the Allen & Heath QU-16 ?
I'm not sure of the exact protocol. But there is a midi info document on their website for how the midi data works on their board.

Link:
https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu...tocol_V1.9.pdf

Looking at how your plugin works, I dont think it will be too terribly difficult to create an mst file for it.

On the Installation page on the wiki it describes a "Monitor input from Surfaces" button in the learn window. This does not exist in the beta as far as I can see. Is there a new way to do the same thing?

Last edited by KroniK907; 02-23-2020 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:10 PM   #6935
MalcolmG

Hi all,

Is the Hold modifier still a thing?

I just tried to use it, and it seems to ignore the modifier and trigger off a short press anyway.

I can't see it used in any of the samples, so maybe it got dropped?

Cheers
Malcolm
Old 02-23-2020, 10:07 PM   #6936
MalcolmG

Quote:
On the Installation page on the wiki it describes a "Monitor input from Surfaces" button in the learn window. This does not exist in the beta as far as I can see. Is there a new way to do the same thing?
Just updated it. It's now called "Show Input from Surfaces" and it is a checkbox (bottom left of the window)

Cheers
Malcolm
Old 02-23-2020, 11:38 PM   #6937
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
A few people here have been updating this wiki as a starting block for documentation.
https://github.com/malcolmgroves/reaper_csi/wiki
I see: "Malcolm Groves edited this page 4 days ago"
Great ! So we are getting somewhere...

Quote:
Yes, the Wiki will be the official documentation -- the link is on the download page, the first page of this thread, and in MalcolmG's sig.
GREAT !!!
Thanks to you and MalcolmG !!!

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:54 PM   #6938
mschnell

Just a warning:

Quote:
This says: "Fader min to max position = 00 to 7F"
This means only 7 bit resolution for fader position. This is considered not fine enough by many users. This is why I am reluctant to use my (otherwise very nice) Behringer XTouch Compact as a control surface for Reaper. With the Compact even using the Mackie mode does not help as with same they set the low four bits of the 11 bit Mackie fader protocpol to a constant. (In fact I doubt this is a hardware limitation but just the abysmal firmware of this device.)
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-24-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:59 PM   #6939
MalcolmG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I see: "Malcolm Groves edited this page 4 days ago"
Great ! So we are getting somewhere...
If that number makes it look like it hasn't changed in awhile, don't assume the whole docs haven't. That's just for the page you're currently looking at. Other pages may have changed (and in fact, Funkybot has done a heap of additions over the last few days).

In fact, you can see all the pages that have recently changed here https://github.com/malcolmgroves/rea.../wiki/_history

Quote:
GREAT !!!
Thanks to you and MalcolmG !!!
...and Funkybot!!!!

Last edited by MalcolmG; 02-24-2020 at 11:41 PM.
MalcolmG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 12:32 AM   #6940
airon

Quote:
I'm not sure of the exact protocol. But there is a midi info document on their website for how the midi data works on their board.

Link:
https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu...tocol_V1.9.pdf

Looking at how your plugin works, I dont think it will be too terribly difficult to create an mst file for it.

Malcom described it, but I personally found MidiOx a better monitor application for getting the details. Colour coded and as large a font as you need it. Keep a text editor open on your MST file and you should be fine.

You. can only have one applocation open a midi device at once in Windows however, so close Reaper first and vica versa.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:47 AM   #6941
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon View Post
You. can only have one applocation open a midi device at once in Windows however, so close Reaper first and vica versa.
??? MidiOx should be able to do the appropriate Midi routing ...
-Michael
Old 02-24-2020, 01:58 AM   #6942
airon

Quote:
??? MidiOx should be able to do the appropriate Midi routing ...
-Michael
Just for writing down what the surface sends you.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:39 AM   #6943
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmG View Post
Hi all,

Is the Hold modifier still a thing?

I just tried to use it, and it seems to ignore the modifier and trigger off a short press anyway.

I can't see it used in any of the samples, so maybe it got dropped?

Cheers
Malcolm
Hold is on hold, as it were

Not even sure we would implement it the same this time -- let's mark it as a future feature (like acceleration) and just leave a shell with no definition.

We should add Touch to modifiers as well, I think...
Old 02-24-2020, 03:46 AM   #6944
LDEVO

Well done for hitting Beta Guys!

Just starting to look at FX zones now, I was wondering as I only have a single fader controller, if there was some way of using my fader to control the last touched FX parameter so I can write automation data with it?

And if there is a way of automating this so the fader is just a representative scale of 0-1 of that FX parameter, so i dont have to write a FX.zon for every plugin I have.

Thanks everyone!
LDEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:21 AM   #6945
matthias.matthias

Default Meter Calibration

Quote:
Meter calibration is on the list and will be implemented during the beta phase.
I would very much appreciate that. The meters on my QConProG2 are showing values 4 dB too low.

BTW they are correct in Nuendo with the controller running as a MCU.
matthias.matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 08:19 AM   #6946
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDEVO View Post
Well done for hitting Beta Guys!

Just starting to look at FX zones now, I was wondering as I only have a single fader controller, if there was some way of using my fader to control the last touched FX parameter so I can write automation data with it?

And if there is a way of automating this so the fader is just a representative scale of 0-1 of that FX parameter, so i dont have to write a FX.zon for every plugin I have.

Thanks everyone!
That's a great idea -- just added it -- see post below for deets
Old 02-24-2020, 08:22 AM   #6947
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Added a new Action -- FocusedFXParam, great for writing automation, don't forget to add the Touch if your Fader has it or Reaper will grab the param back from you after a period of inaction

Use it like this:

Code:
Zone "aZone"
    FocusedFXNavigtor
    Fader1 FocusedFXParam
    FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Old 02-24-2020, 08:42 AM   #6948
LDEVO

Quote:
New build is up.

Added a new Action -- FocusedFXParam, great for writing automation, don't forget to add the Touch if your Fader has it or Reaper will grab the param back from you after a period of inaction

Use it like this:

Code:
Zone "aZone"
    FocusedFXNavigtor
    Fader1 FocusedFXParam
    FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
That's fantastic thanks Geoff! Ill give it a try this evening.

Just to confirm that FocusedFXParam is the last touched FX parameter globally?

Last edited by LDEVO; 02-24-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:56 AM   #6949
Funkybot

Quote:
New build is up.

Use it like this:

Code:
Zone "aZone"
    FocusedFXNavigtor
    Fader1 FocusedFXParam
    FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Hi Geoff, can't get this working here. I'm assuming this goes in the device.zon file and not FX.zon's? Which, if not, is probably the issue (lol)! Is there anything else that needs to happen?

I added that to my X-Touch_One.zon file, pretty much verbatim (changed the name of the zone). Then I:

1. Opened Reaper
2. Added a track
3. Added an fx (I used one I don't have an fx.zon for yet)
4. Moved a parameter on the fx GUI to focus it
5. Moved Fader1

Result: Track 1 volume moved.

I even added OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets to the .zon file, and enabled "auto map focused fx" in the CSI preferences for the surface. No dice here. Tried adding a pipe character to the .zon name, and even tried adding that to included zones with and without the pipe, and no change.

Also, could the parameter name and value eventually be setup to appear in the displays so you'd know exactly what was in focus?
Old 02-24-2020, 09:13 AM   #6950
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

Result: Track 1 volume moved.
Seems like there is another Zone mapping overriding the new mapping.

Moving a parameter on the FX GUI should cause the Fader to move immediately, that's what happens here.

Maybe post the .zon files involved...

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 02-24-2020 at 09:24 AM.
Old 02-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #6951
Funkybot

Quote:
Seems like there is another Zone mapping overriding the new mapping.

Moving a parameter on the FX GUI should cause the Fader to move immediately, that's what happens here.

Maybe post the .zon files involved...
Sure thing...

Code:
Zone Home
	OnFXFocus MapFocusedFXToWidgets
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|1-1"
		"MasterChannel|"
		"JogWheelHack|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "SelChannelButtons|"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	F1 				TrackAutoMode 1 	//Read
	F2 				TrackAutoMode 3 	//Write
	F3 				TrackAutoMode 0 	//Trim
	F4 				TrackAutoMode 2 	//touch
	F5				TrackAutoMode 4 	//Latch

ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	F6				Reaper 40364 		//toggle click
	Shift+F6			Reaper _SWS_AWCOUNTRECTOG //toggle: count-in before recording
	Zoom				Shift	
	BankLeft 			TrackBank "-8"
	BankRight 			TrackBank "8"
        ChannelLeft 			TrackBank "-1"
	ChannelRight			TrackBank "1"
	Rewind 				Rewind
	Shift+Rewind			Reaper 40042		//go to start of project
	FastForward			FastForward
	Shift+FastForward		Reaper 40043		//go to end of project
	Stop 				Stop
	Play 				Play
	Shift+Play			Reaper 1068		//Toggle repeat
	Record 				Record
	Write 				Reaper 40364 		//toggle click
	Marker 				Reaper 40078		//open mixer (Mix View in S1 mode)
	Shift+Marker			Reaper 40716		//toggle MIDI editor
	Nudge 				Reaper 40271		//open FX Browser
	Cycle 				Reaper _S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN	//SWS/S&M: Toggle show FX chain windows for selected tracks
        Drop				Reaper 40293		//Track io routing view
        Replace				Reaper 40172 		//go to previous marker or project start
	Click 				Reaper 40171		//Insert marker at current or edit position
	Solo				Reaper 40173 		//go to next marker or project end				
	Save 				Reaper 40026		//save project
	Scrub 				Reaper 40029		//undo
	Shift+Scrub			Reaper 40030		//redo
	Up 				Reaper 40111		//zoom in vertical
	Down				Reaper 40112		//zoom out vertical
	Right 				Reaper 40837		//Move edit cursor to start of next measure
	Left 				Reaper _34cd4010d1d9fa45b0157b7da0cf19bf //Custom action: move edit cursor back to start of previous measure
	Shift+Left			Reaper 1011		//zoom out horizontal
	Shift+Right			Reaper 1012		//zoom in horizontal
	Shift+Down			Reaper 40727		//minimize all tracks
	Shift+Up 			Reaper 40113		//toggle track height to maximum

ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayUpper|  			TrackNameDisplay
	DisplayLower| 			TrackPanDisplay
	TrackTouch+DisplayLower| 	TrackVolumeDisplay
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
	RotaryPush| 			GoZone PanWidth|
	Solo|				TrackSolo
	Mute|				TrackMute
	RecordArm| 			TrackRecordArm
	Shift+RecordArm|		Reaper 40495		//Cycle track record monitor
	Select|				TrackUniqueSelect
	Fader|  			TrackVolume
	FaderTouch|  			TrackTouch
	VUMeter|			TrackOutputMeter
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterChannel|"
	MasterTrackNavigator
	MasterFader 			TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-1"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
	DisplayLower|	TrackPanDisplay
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone PanWidth|
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-1"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPanWidth "1"
	DisplayLower|	TrackPanWidthDisplay
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

Zone "LastTouchedParam|"
         FocusedFXNavigtor
         Fader1 FocusedFXParam
         FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "JogWheelHack|"
	JogWheelRotaryCW 		Reaper 40141
	JogWheelRotaryCW2 		Reaper 40141
	JogWheelRotaryCW3 		Reaper 40141
	JogWheelRotaryCW4 		Reaper 40141
	JogWheelRotaryCW5 		Reaper 40141
	JogWheelRotaryCW6 		Reaper 40141
	JogWheelRotaryCW7 		Reaper 40141

JogWheelRotaryCCW 		Reaper 40140
	JogWheelRotaryCCW2 		Reaper 40140
	JogWheelRotaryCCW3 		Reaper 40140
	JogWheelRotaryCCW4 		Reaper 40140
	JogWheelRotaryCCW5 		Reaper 40140
	JogWheelRotaryCCW6 		Reaper 40140
	JogWheelRotaryCCW7 		Reaper 40140
ZoneEnd
Old 02-24-2020, 09:54 AM   #6952
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Sure thing...

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|1-1"
		"MasterChannel|"
		"JogWheelHack|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

SelectedTrackNavigator

ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	Zoom				Shift	
	Rewind 				Rewind
	Stop 				Stop
	Play 				Play
	Record 				Record
	Cycle 				Reaper _S&M_TOGLFXCHAIN	//SWS/S&M: Toggle show FX chain windows for selected tracks
	Left 				Reaper _34cd4010d1d9fa45b0157b7da0cf19bf //Custom action: move edit cursor back to start of previous measure

ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
	Solo|				TrackSolo
	Mute|				TrackMute
	Fader|  			TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterChannel|"
	MasterTrackNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-1"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-1"
	TrackNavigator
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

Zone "LastTouchedParam|"
         FocusedFXNavigtor
         Fader1 FocusedFXParam
         FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "JogWheelHack|"

ZoneEnd
If you look at the "Channel|" template you will see that Fader| will get expanded to Fader1 -- that is controlling TrackVolume -- as you see.

I also don't see where you included the "LastTouchedParam|" template.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:04 AM   #6953
Funkybot

Quote:
If you look at the "Channel|" template you will see that Fader| will get expanded to Fader1 -- that is controlling TrackVolume -- as you see.

I also don't see where you included the "LastTouchedParam|" template.
My thinking is: on a one fader surface, you'd want the fader linked to control track volume, UNLESS you were specifically trying to write FX parameter automation. And this would allow you to do that by basically saying "hey, if an fx window is focused, turn off Fader1 to TrackVolume and enable LastTouchedParameter."

...kind of similar to (and maybe this would work, just thinking out loud):

OnFXFocus GoZone LastTouchedParam|

Where it just kind of overlays that zone on top of the previous zone, except without the need for a return to home button.

I previously had it like this which included it up top:
Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"SelChannelButtons|"
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|1-1"
		"MasterChannel|"
		"LastTouchedParam|"
		"JogWheelHack|"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

SelectedTrackNavigator

ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	Zoom				Shift	
	Rewind 				Rewind
	Stop 				Stop
	Play 				Play
	Record 				Record

ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 			TrackPan "0"
	Solo|				TrackSolo
	Mute|				TrackMute
	Fader|  			TrackVolume
ZoneEnd

Zone "MasterChannel|"
	MasterTrackNavigator
ZoneEnd

Zone "Pan|1-1"
	TrackNavigator
	Rotary| 	TrackPan "0"
ZoneEnd

Zone "PanWidth|1-1"
	TrackNavigator
	RotaryPush| 	GoZone Pan|
ZoneEnd

Zone "LastTouchedParam|"
         FocusedFXNavigtor
         Fader1 FocusedFXParam
         FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd

Zone "JogWheelHack|"

ZoneEnd
Hope how I'm thinking this should work makes sense. I may just be confused about how this is intended to function or the use-case.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:19 AM   #6954
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
My thinking is: on a one fader surface, you'd want the fader linked to control track volume, UNLESS you were specifically trying to write FX parameter automation. And this would allow you to do that by basically saying "hey, if an fx window is focused, turn off Fader1 to TrackVolume and enable LastTouchedParameter."

...kind of similar to (and maybe this would work, just thinking out loud):

OnFXFocus GoZone LastTouchedParam|
You can't GoZone to a template Zone -- one that ends in "|" -- template Zones only get instantiated within included Zones.

If you want to do something like that you would need to name the Zone "LastTouchedParam".

Then you would need a way to get back "Home".
Old 02-24-2020, 10:20 AM   #6955
Funkybot

Maybe a GoZone would be the best way to do what I'm describing. I'm thinking...

Code:
Zone "Buttons|"
     Shift+Write GoZone LastTouchedParam //Enter FocusedFXMode for Last Touched Param
     Shift+Read  GoZone Home //Exit FocusedFXMode for Last Touched Param
Zone End
If the LastTouchedParam zone could be enabled that way and overlaid like that, that'd probably be my ideal use-case setup for that feature. This way I could quickly turn it on and off.

EDIT: just saw your reply above...I'm getting there. Should this work? If so, I'll give it a try in a bit.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:30 AM   #6956
Funkybot

Ok, here's what I've got. I've got Fader1 shutting down when I enter LastTouchedParam zone, and turning back on when I return Home (so success there!), but I still can't get Fader1 to ever actually control the last touched parameter.

Code:
Zone Home
	IncludedZones
		"GlobalButtons|"
		"Channel|1-1"
	IncludedZonesEnd
ZoneEnd

Zone "GlobalButtons|"
	Shift+F1			GoZone Home
	Shift+F2			GoZone LastTouchedParam
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel|"
	TrackNavigator
	Fader|  			TrackVolume

ZoneEnd

Zone "LastTouchedParam"
         FocusedFXNavigtor
         Fader1 FocusedFXParam
         FaderTouch1 TrackTouch
ZoneEnd
Sorry if I'm being obtuse and not getting something or missing something obvious.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:31 AM   #6957
Geoff Waddington

Here's what's working here, maybe there is a side effect with MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets/SelectedTrackNavigtor:

Code:
Zone "Home"
	OnTrackSelection	GoZone "Channel"
	OnTrackSelection 	MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets
	DisplayFX 		SetShowFXWindows
	Mode 			ToggleMapSelectedTrackFX
	Preset 			GoZone "Home"
	ChannelLeft 		TrackBank "-1"
	ChannelRight 		TrackBank "1"
	Shape 			ToggleLearnMode
ZoneEnd

Zone "Channel"
	SelectedTrackNavigator
	InputMeterLeft 		TrackOutputMeter "0"
	InputMeterRight		TrackOutputMeter "1"
	OutputMeterLeft 	TrackOutputMeter "0"
	OutputMeterRight	TrackOutputMeter "1"
	Volume 			TrackVolume
	Control+Volume 		TrackPanWidth	"1"
	Shift+Volume 		TrackPan 	"0"
	Option+Volume 		FocusedFXParam
	Mute 			TrackMute
	Solo 			TrackSolo [ 0.0-1.0 ]
ZoneEnd
Old 02-24-2020, 10:45 AM   #6958
Funkybot

Quote:
Here's what's working here, maybe there is a side effect with MapSelectedTrackFXToWidgets/SelectedTrackNavigtor:
I have an alternate version of that .zon setup that uses SelectedTrackNavigator where I could more closely mimic what you're doing to test it out. Will try that later.

The only reason I'm not using that SelectedTrackNavigator version of the .zon is because I couldn't get the GoZone working with RotaryPush to alternate between Pan and PanWidth zones. I'm still not sure if that's a bug, but I couldn't think of any other reason why it shouldn't work.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:33 AM   #6959
Geoff Waddington

New build is up.

Simplified FocusedFXParam -- it now ignores Navigators.

Code:
     FaderOfYourChoice FocusedFXParam
Use it anywhere
Old 02-24-2020, 12:06 PM   #6960
LDEVO

Quote:
New build is up.

Simplified FocusedFXParam -- it now ignores Navigators.

Code:
     FaderOfYourChoice FocusedFXParam
Use it anywhere
Awesome thanks Geoff i've got it working!

Not sure if this has been mentioned but saw the stuff about the Midi Fighter RGB, but is there a way to tell CSI to turn on LED's? Say if i press button 1, turn on LED then if you press button 2 Turn button 1's LED off and turn Button 2's LED on?

Cheers!