Old 09-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #1
BarryLimestone
Human being with feelings

Default Track Level Meter MIDI out data?

Hi people,

I'm new here. Thanks for accepting me on this forum. I recently decided to switch, well at least, adopt Reaper , mainly for mixing. I still own a copy of Pro Tools for compatibility reasons.
The annoying lack of customisation and the difficulties of controlling software with hardware in PT drove me slightly insane.

I am currently working on an Opendeck (Shantea Controls) based controller. I'm making a custom blind plate in my console that will incorporate loads of cool old buttons, that don't look like they're digital in the slightest, but yet control loads of handy stuff, and function as hotkeys too.

It's an amazing product that lets you flash any Arduino (or you can buy there proprietary board) and use it as a midi controller. No coding or anything like that, just a web editor that allows you to select a vast range of midi output/input options for encoders, pots, LEDS, buttons, and touch screens etc. There is a wiki with extensive documentation and instructions as well!

My question is, does anyone know if reaper outputs track meter levels as midi, or if there is a way of finding/getting this data and converting it to midi?

I can't seem to find any information on this.

I basically want to make a channel strip type controller section with leds as VU meters for any given track.

Thanks so much for your time!

Cheers,

- BL

BTW, if anyone happens to have any experience that might be relevant regarding midi controllers and reaper please let me know! I heard there is an option to configure macro stuff as well, and that it is interpreted as osc midi, like joysticks?

https://shanteacontrols.com/
BarryLimestone is offline   Reply With Quote