Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 10-19-2020, 08:54 AM   #1
PMan
Human being with feelings

Default Wierd Bug in a JSFX Script Only Affect Linux

Greetings fellow Linux users;

I'm using a JSFX script from user me2beats (who hasn't posted in the forums for about 2 years) to edit the velocity of selected MIDI notes. I open the script from the MIDI editor window and it works, it sets the velocity of the selected notes, but when the script completes, the MIDI editor window is still on top but I have to click on it give it the focus.

This is not the end of the world, but it gets annoying after several velocity edits, to have to keep re-clicking the MIDI editor window.

So I posted in the jsfx forum asking for help. A Windows user, @edgemeal, posted *several* fixes for the script to keep the MIDI editor window in focus. edgemeal says all of the patches work in Windows, yet none of them worked for me in Linux.

Here is the forum: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=243425

So now I'm wondering if it's Linux or my machine. It seems odd that certain jsfx commands don't work on my machine, but it also seems odd that certain jsfx commands don't work in Linux.

So, any thoughts, ideas?

I'll post this in the bugs forum as well.

Thanks in advance!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
PMan
Human being with feelings

I never did get the set velocity script to set the focus back to the MIDI editor window, but I was able to create a custom action that runs the set velocity script, then the sws focus midi editor action.

Mission accomplished!
PMan is offline   Reply With Quote