Old 06-28-2007, 06:29 AM   #1
FoamieOmie
Human being with feelings

Default Stem Volume

Is there a way to set the rendered stem track to be at the same level and/or pan, etc as the original? It always seems as if I lose alot of volume and have to crank the fader up on the stem. THe fact that it renders a mono track to stereo is not a big deal cause I just change it back to mono but does this have something to do with it?

Or perhaps am I just hearing things and the stem is really the same as the original?

Todd
FoamieOmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 12:46 AM   #2
gdm_music

is there anything on your master?
gdm_music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:57 AM   #3
ErBird

Pan law maybe?
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 10:15 AM   #4
serr

It's possible to have a hidden volume envelope active. If you create one (or one gets auto created by dragging a volume envelope having item across a track) and untick the show and arm boxes, it's still active.

Otherwise Reaper is 1:1 with render sources. I don't trust anyone or any software either, so I tested it myself way back! Null a render against the source to prove it to yourself. Mono renders follow the render settings as well. (Obviously rendering a stereo source to mono would be a submix to mono on the fly there.)
serr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:32 PM   #5
gdm_music

Quote:
Originally Posted by serr View Post
It's possible to have a hidden volume envelope active. If you create one (or one gets auto created by dragging a volume envelope having item across a track) and untick the show and arm boxes, it's still active.

Otherwise Reaper is 1:1 with render sources. I don't trust anyone or any software either, so I tested it myself way back! Null a render against the source to prove it to yourself. Mono renders follow the render settings as well. (Obviously rendering a stereo source to mono would be a submix to mono on the fly there.)
Great Explation
gdm_music is offline   Reply With Quote