Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 11-19-2022, 06:54 PM   #1
Bemo
Human being with feelings

Default Difficulty installing Reeq

I just recently migrated to a new machine and I had Reeq on the old one but somehow it didn't make the trip over. Now I can't get Reeq to install on the new machine.

It tells me the directory already exists but when I look for it it's not there. So I go Options -> Show Reaper resource path in explorer/finder and then put the file ReJJ-1.2.0.zip in the Effects folder. Clear cache and look again. still no Reeq. Unzip ReJJ-1.2.0.zip into the Effects folder. Still nothing .

Where am I supposed put the blasted thin ?Is it supposed to be unzipped? The instructions never say anything about that. I'm at my wits end here.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:02 AM   #2
serr

Turns out you still need to put the correct files into the correct folders in your file system here in 2022.

An audio plugin to be installed and available to your installed audio apps needs to be installed per their instructions. There may be installer and uninstaller scripts provided. Try that first (because least effort).

Installing manually...
Yeah, you absolutely need to unzip it!
You'd need to put the plugin in the correct folder. (.vst, .vst3, etc) If it was a more complex install with application support or library files, you'd have to learn that and put those parts in the right places. (That installer script is looking more attractive now, yes?)

If you did a partial or screwed up install... Now an installer script might run into unexpected crap and fail. You'll have to hunt down all the bits to uninstall manually (for a more complex install anyway). And that's why the uninstall script is welcome!

Hope that helps a little.

Last edited by serr; 11-20-2022 at 11:41 AM.
serr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:20 AM   #3
Fabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Now I can't get Reeq to install on the new machine.
Why not install it through ReaPack, as mentioned by nitsuj himself: ReEQ and ReSpectrum, parametric equalizer and spectrum analyzer
Old 11-20-2022, 12:46 PM   #4
Bemo

I didn't realize it was a JS plugin and kept rescanning VSTs looking for it to reappear. I did a rescan of JS plugins and it showed up.

I was in the right trill but it must have been the wrong chord. ;-)