Old 10-18-2020, 12:18 AM   #321
Skorobagatko
Human being with feelings

I like the MC Producer a lot, but one thing I'd like to change - tcp_heights supercollapsed. When I edit rtconfig.txt file it ruins theme graphic elements. Is there a way to make it possible?

Would be perfect for me to make it 4 instead of 10

From this:

To This:

Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 04:43 AM   #322
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorobagatko View Post
I like the MC Producer a lot, but one thing I'd like to change - tcp_heights supercollapsed. When I edit rtconfig.txt file it ruins theme graphic elements. Is there a way to make it possible?

Would be perfect for me to make it 4 instead of 10

From this:

To This:
Hi! yes, super collapsed track height can be set as low as 1px.
The mute-solo section will stay un-interrupted, with track meters always aligned.

This is by design and isn't really meant to be changed, also I can't think of a workaround for it, I'm afraid. It is because of the horizontally fixed mute-solo buttons, and the additional color/indicator strip on the right.

Old 10-18-2020, 08:47 AM   #323
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
The mute-solo section will stay un-interrupted, with track meters always aligned.

This is by design and isn't really meant to be changed, also I can't think of a workaround for it, I'm afraid. It is because of the horizontally fixed mute-solo buttons, and the additional color/indicator strip on the right.

I mean HOW should I do this? How to edit a theme to make children tracks 4px? I tried to unzip it and edit rtconfig but after I zipped it again some of the graphic elements started to look different in a bad way.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:38 AM   #324
PhelixK

Quote:
I mean HOW should I do this? How to edit a theme to make children tracks 4px? I tried to unzip it and edit rtconfig but after I zipped it again some of the graphic elements started to look different in a bad way.
oh sorry, in case you managed to change tcp_heights to values 4 25 32 76 inside rtconfig, the theme needs a new path for the extracted images folder on your system.

From the Theme Tweaker in Reaper: Load the _unpacked.ReaperTheme. Browse and navigate to the extracted theme root folder (the folder that contain the rtconfig) and it should reload the images correctly. Save/overwrite the _unpacked.ReaperTheme with the new path.

It’s not a must to repack the theme, however,
if you need it as a ReaperThemeZip (without the extension ‘dot’), the local images path should not be present inside the _unpacked.ReaperTheme. And only this path is needed: ui_img=CONCEPTSIX-MC-Producer_unpacked.

Then you can try Zip it together with the root folder, and finally delete ’_unpacked’ and the extension ‘dot’ from the created zip-archive file name.

If none of this works, or perhaps not well explained by me, I’ll be more than happy to pack it for you

Another thing I notice:
It looks as if the Roboto fonts for CSIX aren’t installed on your system.
Using a different font could have impact on line heights and text placement in some areas. I really encourage to install the enclosed fonts.

/f

Old 10-18-2020, 11:31 AM   #325
Skorobagatko

Quote:
oh sorry, in case you managed to change tcp_heights to values 4 25 32 76 inside rtconfig, the theme needs a new path for the extracted images folder on your system.

From the Theme Tweaker in Reaper: Load the _unpacked.ReaperTheme. Browse and navigate to the extracted theme root folder (the folder that contain the rtconfig) and it should reload the images correctly. Save/overwrite the _unpacked.ReaperTheme with the new path.

It’s not a must to repack the theme, however,
if you need it as a ReaperThemeZip (without the extension ‘dot’), the local images path should not be present inside the _unpacked.ReaperTheme. And only this path is needed: ui_img=CONCEPTSIX-MC-Producer_unpacked.

Then you can try Zip it together with the root folder, and finally delete ’_unpacked’ and the extension ‘dot’ from the created zip-archive file name.

If none of this works, or perhaps not well explained by me, I’ll be more than happy to pack it for you

Another thing I notice:
It looks as if the Roboto fonts for CSIX aren’t installed on your system.
Using a different font could have impact on line heights and text placement in some areas. I really encourage to install the enclosed fonts.

/f

Thank you for detailed explanation, I'll try to figure it out myself.

I have Roboto font installed, maybe it's a Win 10 compatibility issue?

Old 10-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #326
Skorobagatko

Quote:

So I changed it to 4px, but I don't get why I don't have the separation with a darker lines between collapse tracks like you do?

Old 10-18-2020, 12:14 PM   #327
PhelixK

Quote:
So I changed it to 4px, but I don't get why I don't have the separation with a darker lines between collapse tracks like you do?
Ok good, you managed to load the images. Reason for the separation lines is because I made every other child track a different color. Below 8px supercollapsed will loose the lower line. I should be able to fix this for smaller heights, but not right now...

In concern of the fonts, I see you have them installed. It's odd, maybe you edited the Walter fonts?

Look at your list compared to mine, the track label font (Walter font #3 for normal resolution) is defined as Condensed in the original theme, and in yours it's using Regular. I did check on a VM Win install here, but perhaps there's something making it jump. However Walter #6 looks to be the same:

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-16-2021 at 02:41 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 12:20 PM   #328
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Ok good, you managed to load the images. Reason for the separation lines is because I made every other child track a different color. Below 8px supercollapsed will loose the lower line. I should be able to fix this for smaller heights, but not right now...

In concern of the fonts, I see you have them installed. It's odd, maybe you edited the Walter fonts?

Look at your list compared to mine, the track label font (Walter font #3 for normal resolution) is defined as Condensed in the original theme, and in yours it's using Regular. I did check on a VM Win install here, but perhaps there's something making it jump. However Walter #6 looks to be the same:

I didn't change/edit anything in walter, I just installed a theme and that's all. The size of the fonts for example from 5 to 10 is 21, I mean they were like that when I first enabled a theme, maybe it'll help.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:57 PM   #329
PhelixK

Quote:
I didn't change/edit anything in walter, I just installed a theme and that's all. The size of the fonts for example from 5 to 10 is 21, I mean they were like that when I first enabled a theme, maybe it'll help.
Okay thanks for info. Here Walter font 5-10 is size 28 and not 21, no matter the screen resolution. Most likely an OS difference, and I have encountered other examples like this in the past. I'll try investigate again.

* For now, I just changed and re-uploaded both MC themes using supercollapsed = 8px. I know it's not super slim but little smaller and they still have the separation lines just like BC and DM Series (8 and 5px height).

Old 10-18-2020, 03:30 PM   #330
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Okay thanks for info. Here Walter font 5-10 is size 28 and not 21, no matter the screen resolution. Most likely an OS difference, and I have encountered other examples like this in the past. I'll try investigate again.

* For now, I just changed and re-uploaded both MC themes using supercollapsed = 8px. I know it's not super slim but little smaller and they still have the separation lines just like BC and DM Series (8 and 5px height).

It looks much better now. Thank you and keep up great work!
Old 10-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #331
PhelixK

Quote:
It looks much better now. Thank you and keep up great work!
Hi again, I have uploaded a new mc revision, using 4 px when supercollapsed. I believe (and agree) this is preferable.

About the Roboto fonts, I'm wondering if the larger font bundle on your system differs from the Google ttf fonts that are included with the CSIX installation. To my knowledge Reaper keep track about fonts by their real names, and if it isn't exactly same it could be mixed up. Just a thought.

Last edited by PhelixK; 10-18-2020 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-19-2020, 01:41 AM   #332
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Hi again, I have uploaded a new mc revision, using 4 px when supercollapsed. I believe (and agree) this is preferable.

About the Roboto fonts, I'm wondering if the larger font bundle on your system differs from the Google ttf fonts that are included with the CSIX installation. To my knowledge Reaper keep track about fonts by their real names, and if it isn't exactly same it could be mixed up. Just a thought.

Hi, perfect!

As for the font, here is the info:

Old 10-19-2020, 02:33 AM   #333
PhelixK

Quote:
Hi, perfect!

As for the font, here is the info:
ok, as for Roboto it's the same version we have.
Could you also check Roboto Condensed. Here it is a unique font family, I didn't notice that one in your gif.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:37 AM   #334
Skorobagatko

Quote:
ok, as for Roboto it's the same version we have.
Could you also check Roboto Condensed. Here it is a unique font family, I didn't notice that one in your gif.

Old 10-19-2020, 02:45 AM   #335
PhelixK

To me it looks as if you need to add the two condensed styles: Roboto Condensed - Regular and Bold. Or do you already have it? Otherwise check csix install folder 3)

Old 10-19-2020, 03:22 AM   #336
Skorobagatko

Quote:
To me it looks as if you need to add the two condensed styles: Roboto Condensed - Regular and Bold. Or do you already have it? Otherwise check csix install folder 3)

Sure, I have them all installed

Old 10-19-2020, 04:03 AM   #337
PhelixK

Quote:
Sure, I have them all installed
Super.
Just for info, the condensed styles was defined for these areas (in normal resolution):
Titles, transport, and mcp volume labels.

What screen size are you using?

Old 10-19-2020, 07:31 AM   #338
Skorobagatko

Quote:
Super.
Just for info, the condensed styles was defined for these areas (in normal resolution):
Titles, transport, and mcp volume labels.

What screen size are you using?

I use Dell UP2716D, 2560 x 1440
Old 11-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #339
ElementalAudio

Default Nov 28 2020 Updates

When and where will the 1.5xx updates (show folder tracks/channel strips) be available?
ElementalAudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #340
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElementalAudio View Post
When and where will the 1.5xx updates (show folder tracks/channel strips) be available?
Hi! Channel Strip layouts are included only with the full BC/MC/DM Series, available from the external page, see link in signature below.

- Check the Concept Six Guide on page 5, how to activate ‘Folder Icon Toggles Children’ in the mixer. All Series have been updated to include the toggle for Strips as well.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #341
nikki5000

Great Theme, thank you so much for that. MC Producer is my favorite!
nikki5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:40 AM   #342
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki5000 View Post
Great Theme, thank you so much for that. MC Producer is my favorite!
Hi! Thanks for your comment the other day!

If you like working with the dynamic responsive layout that comes with default 6, I believe there are some great ReaperThemes to choose from, not just Concept Six.

In the case of CSIX, you may notice that the entire image resource that the themes consists of has been redesigned from ground up. In addition, for each of the theme variants, all elements are included in different sizes to work with different screen resolutions. At this point, it includes a total of about 18,000 images for the entire collection!

In the past year, time has been spent maintaining and further refining the graphic content of CSIX, and also to ensure everything continues to function technically. I still enjoy making new theme variations, probably for the same reason as other like-minded people, who find new visuals refreshing, and perhaps even inspiring to the creative process.

So, I have been working on yet another variant for the dark mode series, it's named DM Xenon.
Xenon is primarily based on elements from Onyx, but includes a lot of tweaks and different uses of colors for navigation. Will be coming out soon!

CONCEPT SIX - DM Xenon:

Old 01-06-2021, 07:55 PM   #343
Phen

Default Custom Theme Editor

Hi! Great theme. I just can't seem to get Reaper to see the custom theme editor. Any suggestions?
Phen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 07:28 AM   #344
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phen View Post
Hi! Great theme. I just can't seem to get Reaper to see the custom theme editor. Any suggestions?
Hi, congrats on your first post, and thanks for the interest

Have you installed the Adjuster script and image resources under User > AppData > Roaming > etc., exactly as shown in the CONCEPT SIX GUIDE > Page 10 ?

If everything looks to be placed correctly, I'll need to have some more details, type of system and details on the file sizes. You're welcome to send me a PM.

Last edited by PhelixK; 01-10-2021 at 10:43 AM.
Old 01-07-2021, 01:56 PM   #345
tonybeepbeep

Really looking forward to Xenon. Finding the workflow with Onyx really slick.
tonybeepbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2021, 03:04 PM   #346
Skorobagatko

Got Onyx too, keep up doing a great job!
Old 01-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #347
Skorobagatko

How to make waveform of freezed tracks more apparent?

Old 01-09-2021, 07:46 AM   #348
PhelixK

Quote:
How to make waveform of freezed tracks more apparent?
Hey! -that looks very dark indeed, even the darkest palette from the CSIX Adjuster doesn’t look like that here.

First:
As a choice of design, Concept Six display waveforms in ‘positive’ dark color, not white (inverted). And importantly, frozen tracks and waveforms has a noticeable difference, also selected vs. not selected.

When using freeze with a dark appearance as Onyx, I’m aware the drawing of waveforms can appear very faint with the background. It is a consequence of the hard-coded overlay in Reaper, and how the track/items colors have been defined in the theme.

If the waveform requires more contrast for the frozen track I wish to split or rearrange, I usually choose a more suitable color. However, in case of working with many frozen tracks, I understand there may be need for a more sustainable solution.

Alternatively, and at the cost of no longer having dark waveforms, the coloring of media item peaks can be inverted. It should enhance the visibillity when frozen, but certain track colors can still result in hardly apparent waveforms. Again, it depends on the chosen track coloring.

Here's a suggestion for customizing the theme,

In the “Theme development/tweaker” settings:
Filter for “media item”, enter new R,G,B values of the following entries:

media item peaks (odd tracks) = 180,180,180
media item peaks (even tracks) = 180,180,180
media item peaks when selected (odd tracks) = 235,235,235
media item peaks when selected (even tracks) = 235,235,235

And also:
media item background (odd tracks) = 130,130,130
media item background (even tracks) = 130,130,130

Save changes as a new theme from the Tweaker, eg. theme-name_inv.ReaperTheme

Old 01-10-2021, 02:15 PM   #349
tonybeepbeep

Xenon is stunning mate. Really makes my screen come alive and helps the workflow just that little bit more.
Old 01-10-2021, 03:20 PM   #350
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
Xenon is stunning mate. Really makes my screen come alive and helps the workflow just that little bit more.
Hi, great to hear! Thanks a lot for your support.
– now that we can't fly around the world, our journey is within the music...
Old 01-11-2021, 12:45 PM   #351
nikki5000

would it possible to have fx slots on the right side of the TCP as in Realogix?
nikki5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #352
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki5000 View Post
would it possible to have fx slots on the right side of the TCP as in Realogix?
Hi, something like that could perhaps be a nice optional layout, although I have no idea how to do it, or how it would work with the dynamic layout that I want to keep.

And honestly I think it's fine how it is now. I believe the inserts use very economic space, at the same time allowing for long insert- and parameter names without taking away too much from the arrangement window.

Occasionally I like to control everything from the track panel, but mostly, and especially when tweaking longer fx chains, I always find myself using the extended mixer, perhaps with the Side Bar layout, that doesn't eat up the space above. Also in MCP, the slot width can be important in order to see long names at a glance.

Last edited by PhelixK; 01-12-2021 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 12:44 AM   #353
Bjorn.LaSanche
Banned

Phelix,
I just wanted to say WOW thank you!!!!

I caught wind of the theme somewhere else online and when I saw it on the page bought it in entirety no questions. Well done..
Bjorn.LaSanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 01:52 PM   #354
Kusho

Hi there,

I am loving the Xenon theme. Like someone said above, it makes it much easier for my eyes to find what they're looking for. For me it is very clean and clear to look at.

I like having the track colours quite apparent so I prefer Xenon to Onyx. Onyx doesn't make the track colours prominent enough for me. Also Xenon has more contrast out of the box.

Only quirk that I would like to change is remove the Concept Six splash image, or perhaps reduce the amount of time it shows for. I understand you want to get the C-Six name out there, but the Reaper theme gets cut off before it's finished it's animation, which seems a bit abrupt. This is getting really picky I know!
How do I remove the C-Six splash and just keep the Reaper splash?
Old 03-24-2021, 03:43 PM   #355
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn.LaSanche View Post
Phelix,
I just wanted to say WOW thank you!!!!

I caught wind of the theme somewhere else online and when I saw it on the page bought it in entirety no questions. Well done..
Thank you,
From time to time you can check for updates in post #1. Minor corrections won't necessarily be announced elsewhere.

Cheers!
Old 03-24-2021, 03:54 PM   #356
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusho View Post
Hi there,

I am loving the Xenon theme. Like someone said above, it makes it much easier for my eyes to find what they're looking for. For me it is very clean and clear to look at.

I like having the track colours quite apparent so I prefer Xenon to Onyx. Onyx doesn't make the track colours prominent enough for me. Also Xenon has more contrast out of the box.

Only quirk that I would like to change is remove the Concept Six splash image, or perhaps reduce the amount of time it shows for. I understand you want to get the C-Six name out there, but the Reaper theme gets cut off before it's finished it's animation, which seems a bit abrupt. This is getting really picky I know!
How do I remove the C-Six splash and just keep the Reaper splash?
Hi, great!
Well, I believe the custom theme splash doesn’t shorten Reapers launch animation. It only show up as a stand-by image, until a project is chosen and loaded.

Apart from deactivating the startup screen under Preferences > General (will result in faster launch time), the image named ‘splash.png’ can be removed -or renamed inside the un-packed theme resources (see how-to in link).

I just made a comparison of the three options, gif here: https://i.imgur.com/ZU0fWSy.gif

Purpose of the image is foremost to indicate the active theme variant.

Last edited by PhelixK; 03-24-2021 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #357
tonybeepbeep

I just have a quick question. When the TCP is at its minimum height, is it possible to make it expand when I add FX? Right now I've got it set to minimum height and it would improve my workflow if the FX were visible each time I added one.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-27-2021, 02:24 PM   #358
PhelixK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybeepbeep View Post
I just have a quick question. When the TCP is at its minimum height, is it possible to make it expand when I add FX? Right now I've got it set to minimum height and it would improve my workflow if the FX were visible each time I added one.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, not that I know of, or anything I can suggest. The TCP inserts behave as the controls, hidden when there's not enough space.

But I like the idea of auto-sizing the TCP height according to the number of rows for selected TCP controls and occupied slots, whether it's fx inserts, parameters or sends. The total height will also depend on the number of columns in the panel, so there are some variables to consider. It could be useful when not using the mixer at all.

Old 04-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #359
bcab17

I'm fairly new to all of this, and I've been enjoying the BASIC version for a few weeks. Before I make the next step (can't decide between MC Producer or DM Xenon), I just wanted to ask about font size for track names on mixer tracks.

My recent projects have had large track counts, and I would like to use the "Narrow Form" option for MCP tracks to be able to see more tracks. The problem is that, obviously, the narrower tracks cut off the track names. I was wondering if there is an option that would "shrink to fit" the font size when switching from standard to narrow in the mixer.

Thanks!
bcab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:03 AM   #360
tonybeepbeep

Quote:
Hi, not that I know of, or anything I can suggest. The TCP inserts behave as the controls, hidden when there's not enough space.

But I like the idea of auto-sizing the TCP height according to the number of rows for selected TCP controls and occupied slots, whether it's fx inserts, parameters or sends. The total height will also depend on the number of columns in the panel, so there are some variables to consider. It could be useful when not using the mixer at all.

Thanks for the reply. In my head it seems like a simple action, but knowing Reaper it may well not be.

I've still got a week or so of Easter holiday left, so I'm gonna dive into screen sets and custom toolbars. Concept SIX has still been the best improvement to my workflow so far.