Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 04-09-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
Tod
Human being with feelings

Default Thanks to Lucas and xpander this is [solved]

Is there a way to make the volume levels over the meters in the TCP a little brighter. Also the ones in the MCP over the meters as well as the fader levels. It's very hard to see them against the dark background.

I looked in the Theme Tweaker but couldn't find anything to do this. Is there a reason it's not there.

Last edited by Tod; 04-12-2020 at 02:13 PM.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Is there a way to make the volume levels over the meters in the TCP a little brighter. Also the ones in the MCP over the meters as well as the fader levels. It's very hard to see them against the dark background.

I looked in the Theme Tweaker but couldn't find anything to do this. Is there a reason it's not there.
you'll need find the following in the rtconfig and adjust the values.
Note: leave the all zeros ones alone.
Meter labels:
Code:
	  set tcp.meter.readout.color             	?hide_meter_values{0} [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0] [100 100 100 255 255 183 171 255]
	  set tcp.meter.scale.color.lit.bottom    	?hide_meter_values{0} [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0] [0 0 0 170 0 0 0 0]
	  set tcp.meter.scale.color.lit.top       	?hide_meter_values{0} [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0] [0 0 0 170 0 0 0 0]
	  set tcp.meter.scale.color.unlit.bottom  	?hide_meter_values{0} [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0] ?recarm [255 64 0 255 0 0 0 0] [255 255 255 60 0 0 0 0]
	  set tcp.meter.scale.color.unlit.top     	?hide_meter_values{0} [0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0] ?recarm [255 64 0 255 0 0 0 0] [255 255 255 60 0 0 0 0]
volume label:
Code:
set tcp.volume.label.color     			?track_selected val_color [100 100 100]
You will need to adjust for all layout types.
So also look for the above but instead of tcp they have the following:
master.tcp
mcp
master.mcp

::
Old 04-10-2020, 12:05 PM   #3
Tod

Thanks a lot Lucas, I'll give that a shot.
Old 04-10-2020, 02:40 PM   #4
Tod

Default midi_note_colormap

I would like to change the velocity mode colors for the notes in the midi editor, is it possible?

I assume it has something to do with the Reaper-6 midi_note_colormap?
Old 04-10-2020, 04:28 PM   #5
xpander

It does. You would have to edit the midi_note_colormap.png image. Here's how the colors work in it:
MIDI note color map explanation
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 05:08 PM   #6
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
It does. You would have to edit the midi_note_colormap.png image. Here's how the colors work in it:
MIDI note color map explanation
Wow thanks xpander, I managed to get the settings set up for my volume readings, thanks to Lucas.

So now on to this. Ha ha, it looks to be a little trickier.
Old 04-11-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Tod

Default CC lane background color

Okay, I've got my midi note colors setup.

Now I need to be able to change the CC lane background color and I can't find it in the Theme Tweaker.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:49 AM   #8
Tod

How can we change the CC lane background color?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:29 AM   #9
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Please see this sticky, the section "Finding the color element you want to change".

FYI this question was not appropriate for a preRelease thread. Any one of a gazillion people here in the theme forum can help you with beginner theme questions, and I'm sure are happy to do so.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #10
Tod

Well I can't find it so give up for now.......
Old 04-12-2020, 01:43 PM   #11
xpander

Don't give up yet Tod. Theme development: Show theme element finder from actions list is indeed a nice tool for searching theme colors and images. However, there are things in the theme which share the same color, so searching by some specific name might not lead to an answer.

If that seems to be the case, you'll have to scroll through the lines one by one until you find the correct one. Tip for doing that fast, using this case of CC lane background color as an example: It will most probably be "MIDI" something, so I start from the first color listed for the MIDI editor. Then I tap DOWN arrow in my keyboard to scroll through the list until I see the CC lane background highlighted >> The color for it is MIDI editor ruler background. Sure enough, that is also highlighted...
Old 04-12-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Don't give up yet Tod. Theme development: Show theme element finder from actions list is indeed a nice tool for searching theme colors and images. However, there are things in the theme which share the same color, so searching by some specific name might not lead to an answer.

If that seems to be the case, you'll have to scroll through the lines one by one until you find the correct one. Tip for doing that fast, using this case of CC lane background color as an example: It will most probably be "MIDI" something, so I start from the first color listed for the MIDI editor. Then I tap DOWN arrow in my keyboard to scroll through the list until I see the CC lane background highlighted >> The color for it is MIDI editor ruler background. Sure enough, that is also highlighted...
Thanks xpander, you're my hero..

Thanks to you I got all my note colors the way I want them, and now this. Plus Lucas helped me with volume and meter levels so I could change them to see them.

Quote:
Any one of a gazillion people here in the theme forum can help you with beginner theme questions, and I'm sure are happy to do so.
Quite frankly I don't consider any of this straight forward at all, in fact much of it is deceiving like the CC lane background color.

Thanks again xpander, I owe you, and I have to admit, I got a little frustrated.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:55 PM   #13
xpander

You're welcome Tod. I know you share and give as well, thanks for that.